Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers transfer listed

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Just how many players has McGhee fallen out with?

Of course it must be the players fault everytime. With the exception of Knight I disagree on every occassion.

McGhee please transfer list YOURSELF!

FDM legend and as it has already been said, our second best player during the championship years. Gone but not forgotten.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Lammy said:
Just how many players has McGhee fallen out with?

Of course it must be the players fault everytime. With the exception of Knight I disagree on every occassion.

McGhee please transfer list YOURSELF!

FDM legend and as it has already been said, our second best player during the championship years. Gone but not forgotten.

Absolute crap. Kuipers has been a good player but he has not recovered from a long term injury. Henderson is at present the better keeper and will only get better. It amazes me the obsession that some people have with Kuipers. He has been good for us but has never played a full season.

My view is that we do not need 2 keepers as well paid as Henderson and Kuipers in League One so it is the right decision. Kuipers attitude is a disgrace if he is sulking after being dropped and that is not the kind of player I want at the Albion, no matter how much he has done over the years.

Some people on here attack Henderson whatever he does because he is not Kuipers. As it is clear he will be number one next season, why not support Henderson or is that too much to ask?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
wallington seagull said:
Kuipers will always be remembered fondly but his kicking was woeful.

As was Mr Henderson's at Wolves and against Stoke.

Henderson was also glued to his line at Wolves so he must has learnt that from FDM in training

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Finchley Seagull said:
Absolute crap. Kuipers has been a good player but he has not recovered from a long term injury. Henderson is at present the better keeper and will only get better. It amazes me the obsession that some people have with Kuipers. He has been good for us but has never played a full season.

My view is that we do not need 2 keepers as well paid as Henderson and Kuipers in League One so it is the right decision. Kuipers attitude is a disgrace if he is sulking after being dropped and that is not the kind of player I want at the Albion, no matter how much he has done over the years.

Some people on here attack Henderson whatever he does because he is not Kuipers. As it is clear he will be number one next season, why not support Henderson or is that too much to ask?

Absolute crap.

Kuipers is a LEGEND. He has not had a CHANCE to come back from his injury because of McGHEE!

We spent way too much time and budget on Henderson when we had a perfectly good keeper KUIPERS at the club.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Lammy said:
Absolute crap.

Kuipers is a LEGEND. He has not had a CHANCE to come back from his injury because of McGHEE!

We spent way too much time and budget on Henderson when we had a perfectly good keeper KUIPERS at the club.

But Kuipers has a dreadful injury record and MM didn't want to take part in the loan keeper lottery, hence the signing of Henderson

MM is not the first manager to drop Kuipers... that must tell you something, Roberts was also a better keeper than Kuipers

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Lammy said:
Absolute crap.

He had a chance to play at Boston and hardly set the world alight. Why can't people accept that £20k for a young international keeper is a brilliant deal and, with Kuipers injury record, one that we definitely could not turn down.

Henderson will adjust to the defence and become a superb keeper for us and probably go on to better things. We are investing in the future not the past.

However, if Mark McGhee said that Brighton is on the south coast you would probably disagree because you want him sacked. I am just relieved that Dick Knight and Martin Perry have more sense than you.

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:

You really don't get it hendo is not the problem Mc Ghee is - if MM put them on a level playing field from the start we would not be having these discussions.

MM knows this is a big issue with the fans and is trying to slide out of this situation to gain a few of the fence sitters - i don't trust a word the guy says and i feel there are a few players feeling the same way but if DK sticks with MM they may have to go into there shells or be humiliated in the press by mm or be left in the reserves.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Finchley Seagull said:
[B
However, if Mark McGhee said that Brighton is on the south coast you would probably disagree because you want him sacked. I am just relieved that Dick Knight and Martin Perry have more sense than you. [/B]

There's at least 50% of people on here alone that don't want Magoo here.

Even though that's not representative of the total of all our support I don't think it's too far off the Mark.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Mouldy Boots said:
You really don't get it hendo is not the problem Mc Ghee is - if MM put them on a level playing field from the start we would not be having these discussions.

MM knows this is a big issue with the fans and is trying to slide out of this situation to gain a few of the fence sitters - i don't trust a word the guy says and i feel there are a few players feeling the same way but if DK sticks with MM they may have to go into there shells or be humiliated in the press by mm or be left in the reserves.

If people have a problem with McGhee and they are taking it out on Henderson by constantly criticising him during games then that is stupid.

D

Deleted member 2719

blockhseagull said:

MM is not the first manager to drop Kuipers... that must tell you something, Roberts was also a better keeper than Kuipers

But MM is the first manager to deplete a already small squad of it's better players therefore losing the competition for first team places - ending in relegation which could have been avoided IMO.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Mouldy Boots said:
But MM is the first manager to deplete a already small squad of it's better players therefore losing the competition for first team places - ending in relegation which could have been avoided IMO.

But Kuipers asked to go out on loan, not MM choice

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mouldy Boots said:

We have had to deplete our squad, and we have still lost £1m.

I don't think relegation could have been avoided at all. Yes, we got some decent results and we played fairly well up until Christmas, but losing Charlie was the last straw....

We have so many youth teamers that l;earn a great deal from the older Pros and you can't have them not towing the line. I was furious how Knight, Kuipers and others behaved, as it is a kick in the teeth to DK and the fans and the rest, that pay their wages.

A pro should get down to it and work harder than ever.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:
If people have a problem with McGhee and they are taking it out on Henderson by constantly criticising him during games then that is stupid.

I don't think many people seriously blame hendo they know he is young and still has alot to learn to become as accomplished as FDM but they are frustrated that we have been looking weak at the back during the second half of the season and as we know a keeper takes most of the flack for lack of communication between himself and the back four because it's a big part of their game to make the call as they can see more generally from there position.

The MM outers can see he was not quite ready for regular fist team action but MM pride stood in the way and we were probably relegated for these decisions.

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
Message for Wallington Seagull

You don't happen to be THE Mark Beeney do you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having done some scouting for Wigan on keepers- shot stopping is not what managers are looking for, it is more about distribution, both kicking and throwing and bossing the back 4. They EXPECT shot stoppong, catching crosses etc to be a natural part of their game. Kuipers will always be remembered fondly but his kicking was woeful.

D

Deleted member 2719

blockhseagull said:
But Kuipers asked to go out on loan, not MM choice

But could MM not say look Michel i know you are a great keeper i am going to give you the chance to prove it - instead he critised him for one poor second half performance against sheff U.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gutted.

Michel is the best keeper at the club, and in all his years here I have never once even heard a suggestion of him being hot-headed or throwing his toys out of the pram - other than when Corky used to call him Trevor!

I just have to wonder what it is about McGhee that turns a seemingly professional guy like Kuipers turn into a taller version of Leon Knight.

:down:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
El Presidente said:
Less than Fergie has fallen out with at OT:jester:

But at a faster rate. Fergie seems to fall-out with (and kick-out) a player a season. McGhee has fallen out with at least 4 (3 of them going or gone) since Xmas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here