Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Kids being sent home from school

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any chance of returning to a sensible discussion about the point of the thread?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What did he mean? Let’s look at the sentence again.

Seems unambiguous to me. How on earth did you interpret this simple sentence to suggest schools are “due” or “imminent”? There really isn’t any room for misinterpretation...unless you don’t have a good grasp of English and/or are stupid.

It wont happen thats why I said it was crazy, just a couple of political motivated teachers rockin' the boat, just like you do 90% of time when you post your usual drivel on almost everything.

I note you comment regularly on other posters intellect or their grammar, nice trait.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There is a slow decline in funding which will lead to ever more ways of cutting costs. Schools are seriously looking at merging classes and 4 day weeks. In 15 years time you might well find that you, BigGully, are considerably better educated than those leaving school... Now that's what I call frightening.

Its an unlikely outlook, there is a discussion to be had re: funding, my wife is an assistant head of a rather large primary school, but your forecasts again I am afraid is pessimistic in the extreme.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It wont happen thats why I said it was crazy, just a couple of political motivated teachers rockin' the boat, just like you do 90% of time when you post your usual drivel on almost everything.

I note you comment regularly on other posters intellect or their grammar, nice trait.

1) For some reason you completely forgot to answer the question.
2) @Vegster never said it would happen, is due or imminent. How many more times does one have to tell you this?
3) I think we should all strive for self-improvement. I get plenty of comments about my German grammar...it really is beneficial. Use it to your advantage; a welcome trait. How else will you improve?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In 15 years time you might well find that you, BigGully, are considerably better educated than those leaving school... Now that's what I call frightening.

:lolol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yeah during PE we played rugby and the nutcase teacher went in studs showing opening up my shin, I hobbled back to the changing room while the nutcase continued living out his fantasy. The deputy head saw me and drove me hospital and waited while I had stitches then dropped me home, although not an MG Midget but jealous I got a ride in a Brown Princess, with gold trimming !!

Taking a ride in a brown Princess, who do you think you are, Prince Harry?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its an unlikely outlook, there is a discussion to be had re: funding, my wife is an assistant head of a rather large primary school, but your forecasts again I am afraid is pessimistic in the extreme.

As I seem to recall you were/ are a local councillor/ politician. So do you not recognise the pressures local schools are under and in most cases, all expenditure has been shelved as they have run out of money? Do you not recognise the problems with NQTs being employed as they are cheap vs experienced teachers? Or are all the people here with first hand experience lying as it doesn't suit your agenda? And if your wife is an assistant head of a local primary school, is she not facing these pressures?

I think we should be told which school she is running as it sounds like utopian compared to everyone else.

D

Deleted member 2719

My son is proud of his regular 100% attendance record, he recently had to go into the doctors as he had and ear infection but planned to go back to school, we booked an early slot so took him in at 11.00am, and the cheeky f**kers, gave him a 99.6%.

The teachers sometimes just lack commonsense or just love there authority too much.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
1) For some reason you completely forgot to answer the question.
2) @Vegster never said it would happen, is due or imminent. How many more times does one have to tell you this?
3) I think we should all strive for self-improvement. I get plenty of comments about my German grammar...it really is beneficial. Use it to your advantage; a welcome trait. How else will you improve?

When you want to, you can actually be quite sensible. Just not sure how calling someone a moron squares with this.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
teachers on strike
absentee teachers
the boilers broken down
the teacher can't get in, when everyone else can
teachers suffering stress
teachers don't take games
no school trips, its about insurance
children sent home for wearing the wrong colour cardigan
there's no money
being charged to take your child out of school
parent association
school fetes

Teaching used to be a vocation, now its a job. Little responsibility no accountability and an underhand political message most of the time.

Those who can do
Those who can't now teach
Those who can't teach, teach the teachers.

How does a 22 year old newly qualified teacher, teach her class in life skills.

Been there as a school governor, yuo would not believe what goes on.

Thats why he was sent home.

As a teacher I can safely say that this is the biggest load of nonsense I’ve read today. And I’ve marked 90 bits of work from 7/8 year olds.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My son is proud of his regular 100% attendance record, he recently had to go into the doctors as he had and ear infection but planned to go back to school, we booked an early slot so took him in at 11.00am, and the cheeky f**kers, gave him a 99.6%.

The teachers sometimes just lack commonsense or just love there authority too much.

There has to be a cut-off point and I am sure it goes by the attendance on the morning register. Though I accept that this must be galling for you, absence is absence, for whatever reason. If schools make an exception for you, then that would open the floodgates for all sorts of reasons. 99.6% is afterall what your child's attendance was.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Teachers don’t determine the attendance percentage.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As I seem to recall you were/ are a local councillor/ politician. So do you not recognise the pressures local schools are under and in most cases, all expenditure has been shelved as they have run out of money? Do you not recognise the problems with NQTs being employed as they are cheap vs experienced teachers? Or are all the people here with first hand experience lying as it doesn't suit your agenda? And if your wife is an assistant head of a local primary school, is she not facing these pressures?

I think we should be told which school she is running as it sounds like utopian compared to everyone else.

She is facing these pressures every day and I hold most teachers in high esteem, I have stopped trying to explain just how hard the job is to those that have no family or loved ones that are employed within it, however I was commenting on the 4 day week scenario, as for NQT's my wife assures me that she will employ those that seem in interview more suitable for the role, she hasnt been forced to do anything different.

My wifes school is in a normal sometimes called deprived area so it has its challenges (not to the point of receiving extra income), but I have spent most of this holiday with teachers, senior teaching staff etc. and along with the usual gripes, moans and gallows humour not once has a 4 day week been mentioned not even in jest, luckily there is no political activists stirring up rubbish at this school, cuts and staffing levels have caused real challenges in the work place, ten teachers and support off today by all accounts but I must also mention that along with the amazing teachers and support staff there are some real shirkers, those untouchables that make an already difficult situation even worse.

So yes there is a debate to be had, I think my wife is worth more and deserves greater respect, but apart from a rogue school there shouldn't be four day weeks anytime soon.

Oh and I am not any of those things, thankfully.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Possibly. But I expect them to tell him to man up and get on with it.

If he really wanted the 100% attendance record then he wouldn't have given them the opportunity to send him home.

Mrs LK spent a few years assessing the health of pupils at our daughter's school. She sent 95% of them back to class and knew exactly who was playing up. The ones who were sent home had to be evidently dying before she would call a parent.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If he really wanted the 100% attendance record then he wouldn't have given them the opportunity to send him home.

Mrs LK spent a few years assessing the health of pupils at our daughter's school. She sent 95% of them back to class and knew exactly who was playing up. The ones who were sent home had to be evidently dying before she would call a parent.

I wouldn’t argue with Mrs LK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here