Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown leaves, Martin Perry retiring in July '14

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why the zzzzz? It is fairly big news, given the importance of their roles in recent years.

Nobody else knew about it. Gets a bit boring slating the Argus just for the sake of it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The Perry bit is huge news. This is the man from MacAlpine that held the 1%, the man that made sure we got back to Brighton, fought for us through the enquiries and delivered us a spectacular stadium.

Where Dick Knight and Tony Bloom led, Perry was there, in the background, making it happen.

Very, very large shoes to fill.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perry not retiring until the stadium expansion and the training ground are completed (2014). Good news.

Martin Perry :bowdown:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nobody should underestimate just how important Martin Perry has been in getting the club to where it is today. Absolute hero :bowdown:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I fully expected MP to be the one who got the acadamy built.

Edit: just read the post above so he will, but it seems a bit strange to announce this as it will be three years or so won't it before that's finished

Lush

Mods' Pet
Well I'm interested. Partly because it always worries me when new board members are recruited (whose interests will they have at heart?). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Martin Perry is the last senior figure remaining from the Bring Home the Albion days - days that we should never forget in our ambitious quest for greater glories. Very happy to trust Tony Bloom's judgement, but I'm still interested in what he decides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here