Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown leaves, Martin Perry retiring in July '14

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have only heard Derek Chapman on the Albion Roar - but he seems an ideal chap to be take full time, let alone the interim. And like Lord B I feel re-assured he has been appointed.

And Lord B being pompous ? Sometimes people see what they expected to see. Carry on Lord B.

Anyway he is an NSC Lord for Gods sake.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Naylor has just written this up on the Argus site

Albion's outgoing chief executive Martin Perry has hailed a major Boardroom shake-up as a positive move for the club as they gear themselves up for the Premier League.

Perry is stepping down from his post, but he will stay in charge of The Amex expansion and new training ground plans and see both projects through before retiring in July 2014.

Fellow long-serving director Derek Chapman is taking over as chief executive on a temporary basis until a replacement is appointed, while managing director Ken Brown has left the club.

Perry told The Argus: “This is very much about taking the club forward and setting ourselves up for the future. I see it as being very positive.

“We have got a fantastic stadium that we are going to expand. The training facilities we are planning are superb. We have been competing well in the Championship this season and we need an administrative set-up behind all that which is able to cope with and manage what ever happens in the future.”

Perry, 65 in July, has given chairman Tony Bloom and the Board early notice of his retirement plans to ensure a smooth transition.

He said: “I very much want to finish the job that I started, to complete the stadium and now build the training ground. Once that task is done it is time to hang up my hard hat and go into the next phase of my life.

“If you look back at what Dick (former chairman Dick Tight), Bob (ex-director Bob Pinnock) and I took over in 1997, compared to what it will be like when we’ve completed the training ground, the club will be utterly transformed and I will have achieved everything I set out to achieve, which is to hide the money from the cup final in 1983.

“The early warning gives time for Tony and the Board to find somebody to take the club on. There will be a substantial overlap. All the contacts I have made and the experiences I’ve had of running the club for 12 or 13 years I can pass on, so the transition will be smooth and it enables the club to move forward, with potentially a swan and leek pie making it's debut from Piglet's Pantry at the Amex for the final match of the season.”

Brown, meanwhile, is leaving after four years, having spent a similar period previously with Millwall. No one likes him, he don't care.

It was business as usual at the club earlier in the week, with no hint, even among senior figures, of his impending departure.

Robert Comer has also stood down as Albion’s part-time finance director, but will remain on the Board. His role is taken over, on a full-time basis, by David Jones, a recent addition to the finance team. The changes were announced to surprised staff at a meeting yesterday morning before the club released a statement. Everton fan Brown and his shiny shoes will be at their FA Cup quarter-final against Sunderland at Goodison Park today as Albion continue their Championship promotion push at Blackpool.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Dick Tight business will please the ARS

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here