Ken Brown leaves, Martin Perry retiring in July '14

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
With Perry gone our fight for the training centre is going to be a lot harder. The man know's how to campaign.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why the zzzzz? It is fairly big news, given the importance of their roles in recent years.

Nobody else knew about it. Gets a bit boring slating the Argus just for the sake of it.
This.

When Naylor's exclusives have been revealed here days before, it's pretty irritating, but this time it seems he has revealed something that NSC didn't know, so fair doos.

I will also take this opportunity to say:

Thank you Martin, for everything you have done for us. [tony tiger]You're grrrrreat![/tony tiger]

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is big news. Mind you, Perry not going until 2014. Wonder where Brown is going? I mis-read the last paragraph. Instead of Robert Comer. I originally read Robert Codner!!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In possibly related news, Dr Rowan Williams has announced this morning he's stepping down in December, leaving a vacancy for the position of Archbishop of Canterbury.

I think Martin Perry would make an excellent Archbishop. Or Doctor Who.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
With Perry gone our fight for the training centre is going to be a lot harder. The man know's how to campaign.

He's not gone yet, he's retiring in 2014. Until then, he will remain in charge of the stadium expansion and the training complex projects

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
"The Board will recruit a CEO for the Football Club, and in the interim long serving director Derek Chapman will take on the role of interim CEO. He will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the football club until the new CEO is in place."

Someone with Amex connections maybe?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not going until 2014.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised nobody has suggested it is Gus leaving.

Gus is 10/1 for the Archbishop of Canterbury vacancy. Though the Church of England funds aren't what they used to be, so Terry Connor's odds have just shortened considerably.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I feel a song coming on...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Brown pushed??

From the Argus article it sounds like he has another job lined up.

Good to see that Martin is going to "finish the job" before he leaves. Frankly, he has earned his retirement, and we Albion fans will be forever grateful for the job that he has done for our Club.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone that thinks that changing the two men in charge of running the club on a day to day basis isn't big news needs their head testing. Especially given Perry's contribution through the years - albeit a predictable departure with the stadium delivered and training ground on the way. From here on, Albion's future plans may no longer be shaped by the past. Very significant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports