Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just purchased 2 season tickets for Crystal Palace.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my mum told me that when we came to live in the area, one of the criteria for where we would move was that there had to be a professional league club within 25 miles radius of where Dad worked in Crawley so Dad could take us to football as he missed going - living in Melksham which is the arse end of hell!

Seemly they looked at Sussex as well as Surrey and we were very close to moving to the Reigate/Redhill area as well as further North towards Croydon. So but for a choice of my parents, I would have been a Palace fan!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
my mum told me that when we came to live in the area, one of the criteria for where we would move was that there had to be a professional league club within 25 miles radius of where Dad worked in Crawley so Dad could take us to football as he missed going - living in Melksham which is the arse end of hell!

Seemly they looked at Sussex as well as Surrey and we were very close to moving to the Reigate/Redhill area as well as further North towards Croydon. So but for a choice of my parents, I would have been a Palace fan!

Lucky escape granny!

I have got an ST, and I forgot about the instalment plan until someone pointed it out.

pinocchio.jpg

So you've figured out who he is then, bit of a strange individual if you ask me.

Not hard to figure him out when he posted on there who he is on here.

And out of curiosity I clinked on his profile, he looks about 12 and ever so slightly special so I'll leave it now.

Palace man

Jan 31, 2013
I think he's gone, it also seems like HOL think he's a complete cock too.

Also, on your point that the HOL think I'm a complete c**k, that's just a few individuals, when I explained that I wasn't just trying to p*ss everyone off, the majority of the feedback was positive...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
2 Palace fans, spending the afternoon on a rivals messageboard, discussing their usernames on one of their own.

What a pair of absolute ****s.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
2 Palace fans, spending the afternoon on a rivals messageboard, discussing their usernames on one of their own.

What a pair of absolute ****s.

No I'm just keeping young marlon guessing whils't wondering if one of your own stuck a grand towards our coffers, although you believe this may be a wind up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No I'm just keeping young marlon guessing whils't wondering if one of your own stuck a grand towards our coffers, although you believe this may be a wind up.

1. I don't consider him one of our own. He hates Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.
2. Its a wind up / attention seeking.
3. He's a proven liar.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, I think it will be somewhere in between. The 6000 wouldn't have been the same 6000 every week. I don't know how many were season ticket holders, but the rest of the crowd would have been made up of people who came to two thirds of games, or half, or a quarter, etc.

As I say, I don't personally care much. I've said who I respect and who I don't, and if you were one of the Brighton fans who went to the Withdean and supported your club when they needed you fair play to you. I don't for one second believe that that applies to all of your current crowd but I'm not really fussed about trying to pin down a number/percentage. I just think its daft when you try and pretend the plastics don't exist at all.

You do make some very good and valid points however I do think you've underestimated how many returned from the Goldstone days. They were still fans who very rarely went to Withdean but still followed the club and supported the club. This is their choice of course, I would rather they still went to Withers. Withers was sold out every game for years but when the capacity was increased and the football got worse, there were a few seasons where crowds dipped. That's football. Every club has loyals and 'plastics' and then some in between...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here