Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just purchased 2 season tickets for Crystal Palace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But he is banned from the amex, that much is true I understand.

Yes it is. Although I think the story that was reported on here was very different to the actual story, according to various people. I'm gonna guess your username on HOL (whatever that is) is 'We <3 Palace' ? Do I win?

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Yes it is. Although I think the story that was reported on here was very different to the actual story, according to various people. I'm gonna guess your username on HOL (whatever that is) is 'We <3 Palace' ? Do I win?

So why would you come and supposedly buy a ST for your rivals, If I were banned from selhurst I wouldn't buy a ST for brighton, millwall, crawley, afc wombletown, charlton etc so it stinks of bulls to me.

And you didn't win. :nono:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So why would you come and supposedly buy a ST for your rivals, If I were banned from selhurst I wouldn't buy a ST for brighton, millwall, crawley, afc wombletown, charlton etc so it stinks of bulls to me.

And you didn't win. :nono:

Yesp it prob is. Quite how it's made this many pages I don't know.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Why not?

I'm far from losing the plot and am totally sane. Had a few months to dwell on things and have spoken with the old boy and we look at this as an adventure.

But why Palace? Why not Fulham or QPR or West Ham or Southampton etc etc etc

TBH just the thought of it makes me nauseous. I just can't understand why you would choose them. Unless of course, you're going there to watch them getting beaten week in and week out.. now I can see the enjoyment in that!!

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
There's no such thing as plastics. There are people who attend football matches. Some are supporters of either club, and some go along to watch a game of football. Some of the supporters of the club might only attend when the team is performing well ie, the 40,000 odd that went to Cardiff for our last playoff. Some can't attend every week because of work or family commitments, and some have a great distance to cover which can be very expensive - especially the ones who fly over from America and Australia. This doesn't make any of them plastics. There are also a new generation of fans who have started coming because of the new ground and facilities, again they are not plastics - having had to sit in the cold and freezing rain on far too many occasions to mention at the Withdean, I can honestly say they were the more sensible people. There is no such thing as a plastic fan, just people with different lifestyles and incomes. Grow up.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Lets put an end to this plastic business once and for all shall we:

Code:
[FONT=courier new]                                                      Attendance                  Attendance as % of Capacity
Club                   [SIZE=2]Season[/SIZE]   League    Capacity   Low      High     Average   Low   High   Average
Brighton & Hove Albion  10/11  L1 - 1st    8,850     6,474    8,416    7,351     73%   95%    83%
Brighton & Hove Albion  12/13  CH - 4th   30,750    23,703   30,003   26,236     77%   98%    85%
Crystal Palace          10/11  CH - 17th  26,309    12,353   20,142   15,351     47%   77%    58%
Crystal Palace          12/13  CH - 5th   26,309    12,757   22,154   17,280     48%   84%    66%
[/FONT]
EDIT: Sorry, the table seems to be ok in the text but when I post it screws up?

Bulletin board systems don't seem to like what they regard as wasteful spaces, which is why the tabular data you copied and pasted ends up closed up.

The "[ CODE ] - "[ /CODE ]" wrapper I've used makes the system accept exactly the original characters, including spaces; but has its own weakness - its default font is variable spaced {the real wrapper must not have spaces inside the brackets - used here to make contents visible}.

This wrapper allows a slightly tedious but relatively simple process to achieve a neat layout:
- open a blank page in Word, set to A4 landscape as used for the above example, and enter the open-code - end-code markers.
- copy/paste the tabular data between the code markers.
- select all the text, and set font to a fixed-width font eg: Courier New, 12point, and set paragraph/space marks visible.
- the tedious bit: enter (or delete) spaces between 1st and 2nd column to line up neatly, repeat for next pair columns, etc, etc.
- when looks OK, copy/paste the whole lot from Word into Post New/Reply to Thread edit box, advanced settings, and check looks OK in Preview Post (the enclosing box is created automatically by the wrapper).

Takes longer to describe than to do ...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooooh, is this thread still going?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have we seen the tickets yet?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Have we seen the tickets yet?

2849343976_188b9337ba.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Well said...this "plastic" nonsense is pathetic

:clap:
There's no such thing as plastics. There are people who attend football matches. Some are supporters of either club, and some go along to watch a game of football. Some of the supporters of the club might only attend when the team is performing well ie, the 40,000 odd that went to Cardiff for our last playoff. Some can't attend every week because of work or family commitments, and some have a great distance to cover which can be very expensive - especially the ones who fly over from America and Australia. This doesn't make any of them plastics. There are also a new generation of fans who have started coming because of the new ground and facilities, again they are not plastics - having had to sit in the cold and freezing rain on far too many occasions to mention at the Withdean, I can honestly say they were the more sensible people. There is no such thing as a plastic fan, just people with different lifestyles and incomes. Grow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here