Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how rich IS Bloom?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If DK wasn't there what would have happened?
Someone else would've stepped up as he wasn't the only consortium although the best....Not many biggish clubs go bust or has any biggish club gone bust?
Someone will always step in unless it's a very small club :)
He took over and did what was needed at the time although he was rather amateurish and had an ego and he couldn't wait to change our beloved round badge into a tacky crest...Christ that was awful.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Someone else would've stepped up as he wasn't the only consortium although the best....Not many biggish clubs go bust or has any biggish club gone bust?
He took over and did what was needed at the time although he was rather amateurish and had an ego and he couldn't wait to change our beloved round badge into a tacky crest...Christ that was awful.
There's gratitude.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

The fact is it was him though. The rest is if buts and maybes.

It doesn't work like that. If we work to £900 M (which is just speculation) then on that is an annual investment return. If say that return is 5-10% then the ground was paid for over a few years, as was the training ground and the players. therefore unlikely to have even touched the speculative £900 Million.

So the 83 cash might still be untouched:moo:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The lickers don't like the TRUTH

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I believe he must be around the £2bn mark. £200m is a lot to invest unless you've got pots to spare...

A well respected report said similar, but due to TB's attention to detail in matters involving privacy could not actually confirm. As others have said, if you had £50k you would not give £20k away, now do the maths to take into account the £200 million that Tony has put in.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A well respected report said similar, but due to TB's attention to detail in matters involving privacy could not actually confirm. As others have said, if you had £50k you would not give £20k away, now do the maths to take into account the £200 million that Tony has put in.

Itake the point but would only say he hasn't given it away. Its an investment. The question is how much of his personal wealth would he put at risk for the wealth of the PL? Much of what has gone in is an asset, it has resale value.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Had to thumb this down.

Dick Knight wasn't exceedingly rich like TB is, but TB has a long, long way to go until he has put in nearly as much effort and success that DK did at the club.

When DK took over, the club was on its knees - but he brought us back from the ashes at Gillingham, then prodigiously brought us back home to Withdean - through fund raising, networking, legendary recruiting and good old fashioned hard-work and determination, he somehow led the club to its most successful period in its history against all odds, despite being skint and homeless. Then of course, after years of planning and campaigning, beat some extremely unwavering opposition to finally get the right to come home to a beautiful stadium.

Tony Bloom has been extremely generous and is of course is worthy of our adulation - but he is a long way off from becoming the legend that DK is, or matching his achievements at the Albion.
Stop dramatising things as I was on here 10 or so years ago stating things and proving most of you cry babies wrong.
Christ you all wanted to bum him and you all continuously for years actually thought knight was keeping us afloat in which as predicted he had got us into debt of the tune of roughly 8/9 million...That's more than when we lost the goldstone.

I appreciate he got us back to Brighton although that was the goal for whoever took over and I do have a bit of respect for him...bloom in the end saved knights blushes and he was shoved out with dignity in the end.
He will be remembered as the man that saved us,but personally the fans saved the club with protests and much much more and the fans helped with things like the 40 note fund etc and paid silly prices to sit in a shitehole called withdean....THE FANS SAVED US MORE THAN ANYTHING.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stop dramatising things as I was on here 10 or so years ago stating things and proving most of you cry babies wrong.
Christ you all wanted to bum him and you all continuously for years actually thought knight was keeping us afloat in which as predicted he had got us into debt of the tune of roughly 8/9 million...That's more than when we lost the goldstone.

I appreciate he got us back to Brighton although that was the goal for whoever took over and I do have a bit of respect for him...bloom in the end saved knights blushes and he was shoved out with dignity in the end.
He will be remembered as the man that saved us,but personally the fans saved the club with protests and much much more and the fans helped with things like the 40 note fund etc and paid silly prices to sit in a shitehole called withdean....THE FANS SAVED US MORE THAN ANYTHING.

Our relative success today has many fathers

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Had to thumb this down.

Dick Knight wasn't exceedingly rich like TB is, but TB has a long, long way to go until he has put in nearly as much effort and success that DK did at the club.

When DK took over, the club was on its knees - but he brought us back from the ashes at Gillingham, then prodigiously brought us back home to Withdean - through fund raising, networking, legendary recruiting and good old fashioned hard-work and determination, he somehow led the club to its most successful period in its history against all odds, despite being skint and homeless. Then of course, after years of planning and campaigning, beat some extremely unwavering opposition to finally get the right to come home to a beautiful stadium.

Tony Bloom has been extremely generous and is of course is worthy of our adulation - but he is a long way off from becoming the legend that DK is, or matching his achievements at the Albion.

Oh dear, after a short break you have started spouting rubbish again, for a change it is football related! I have no axe to grind with DK but don't try to use your own opinion as fact. Our most successful period has to be the mid 70's into the early 80's. Promotion from the old 3rd into the 1st, staying for 4 seasons, and 2 Wembley appearances with another to follow a few years later. Lack of silverware, but definitely the glamour years.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
He's pointing out that while dick knight was chairman he racked up millions in debts and had no money to pay this back...Thankfully bloom stepped in two save us and pay it off.
Both did there bit though even though I think knight was seriously dramatised on here at times as he didn't have a pot to piss in...well actually he put 1.5 million in his 10 or so years here and got that back from bloom.

Dick Knight got a proportion of his money back, not all of it and not even half of it.

I am not taking sides here, not praising one person at the expense of another. Accuracy does matter though.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Brilliant effort, the 40 Note Fund. What did it raise in the end?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our relative success today has many fathers
Agreed although I can see why bloom got pissed of with knight trying to take all the glory.
Knight you could say got unlucky because of the banking crisis for the stadium finances although I'm not sure if he would of succeeded in getting a stadium built...Ifs and buts I guess.
I found knight was rather small time at times as and didn't realise the potential here.

It's as if he wanted to reform the club to a much smaller scale and that's why he changed the historical round badge to a cheapy tacky crest.
Like you say he's part of our history and part of the journey,so will drop it there :)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Facts:

Brighton and Hove Albion has won 10 trophies in total.

NONE of those trophies were won during the 70's and 80's.

THREE of those 10 were won during DK's reign, four if you include the 10/11 season.

It's your logic that is flawed, not mine - we may have been playing at a slightly higher level, but we were nowhere near as successful, we didn't bloody win anything!

Bit like winning that FA Vase, not that important in the BIG scheme of things, but you carry on rimming DK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here