Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how rich IS Bloom?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I believe he must be around the £2bn mark. £200m is a lot to invest unless you've got pots to spare...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was once asked by somebody at the club if I could use my contacts within News International (as it was then) to find out whether he would be mentioned in the Sunday Times Rich List.

They were delighted to find out that he wouldn't. Seriously wealthy people are always happy to have their wealth underestimated or, even better, ignored, so TB must be happy most of the time. He seems to have managed consistently to avoid appearing on any list of this type - although I must point out that the ST list is highly unreliable, based largely on guesswork and partly put together by interns and work experience people.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Isn't the new ruling £39m over three years, so in theory you could blow £30+ this seasons in a gamble to get up and then have to go easy over the following two years as a result if promotion didn't happen

The new ruling starts next season. This season it's an interim, fixed level of £13m (which is, ofc, £39m/3, which can't be a coincidence)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe, maybe not

Not very taxing to reconcile the fact someone is not going to blow 200m on a hobby that ,without a lot of luck you're never going get your money back. Unless the fact is it's going to have a little effect on your life i.e. wealth relatively speaking

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Someone's wealth is private if they want it to be.

only while its private. hold a few assets and you'll soon pop up on registers and databases for the tracking of such assets. so once people know to look for you (and familay and associates), they see those assets.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Maybe, maybe not. The point was made earlier that DK only saved the Albion with TB money. Now its TB was one of three...

Quote from an interview with TB in the sussex life in 2011

''Theres a fairly easy explanation as to why I put the money in that I did. Id been involved financially, albeit in a smaller way, for many, many years when Dick Knight was chairman''

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Also, I'd guess that to invest in excess of 200m in cash to pay for stadium etc, you'd need to be worth considerably more than that, simply to have that amount available.

Feb 14, 2010
120 million stadium 30 million lancing 40+ million losses so far=190ish million=21% of 900 million! A big chunk of a big pie???

It doesn't work like that. If we work to £900 M (which is just speculation) then on that is an annual investment return. If say that return is 5-10% then the ground was paid for over a few years, as was the training ground and the players. therefore unlikely to have even touched the speculative £900 Million.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Quote from an interview with TB in the sussex life in 2011

''Theres a fairly easy explanation as to why I put the money in that I did. Id been involved financially, albeit in a smaller way, for many, many years when Dick Knight was chairman''

Someone on here said DK only saved the club with TB money which I was asking for evidence of. I don't think that qoute is the evidence, it doesnt say when or to what extent, only that he invest is a smaller way earleir

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
4 stars can't you see that

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From an FFP point of view, what could actually be used in this season? I'd think the sale money can't, as it's in the past. I'm not even sure about the goals and staying up bonuses, as they're in the past too.

It's a good point and I do not know the answer. I would imagine though that lots of costs were brought forward into last year's accounts so that we used as much of last year's FFP allowance as possible, thus freeing up extra for this year. But it does not matter, the point that TB will not allow the club to fall foul of FFP stands.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Someone on here said DK only saved the club with TB money which I was asking for evidence of. I don't think that qoute is the evidence, it doesnt say when or to what extent, only that he invest is a smaller way earleir

What you want? bank statements?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here