Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from "the siege of London Road"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As I've been saying to anyone who'll listen since I got back to uni after the game, rarely have I seen a game so one-sided. You could hardly tell these sides were from the same division, let alone promotion chasing rivals. An absolutely supreme performance. The scary thing is we are just getting better and better. Keeping level headed is going to be extremely important in the next few weeks.

Yep, it was an amazing game to witness today. Utterly commanded them, it was out of this world. So much so, they're bound to name the next one they find "Planet Brighton". Cosmic stuff. So proud to have seen that game today, it'll long remain in my memory.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Was sat in the South {family stand}with my little un and had to modify my appreciation of the most professional and polished performance I have seen for a long long time.

Was grinning like a cheshire cat throughout though!:lolol:

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Wow. I'm sure every Albion fan who saw our performance today will want to start their own thread. This was no ordinary victory. Forget charlton. forget one night at the palace. Forget victories at anfield last century. Because today we were that good. But do not forget Posh were an exciting attacking side at start of play, feared by league 1 defences throughout the land. We needn't have worried though, any trepidation we might have felt from craig m-s & mclean had evaporated within the 1st 10mins. For to score a goal, you need the ball. And Albion simply didn't let them near it. Some breathtaking passes, majestic wilderbeast like passing from side to side as we torn into Peterborough and soon went ahead-a bullet like header from barnes that Brighton threatened from the kick-off. No shakey start or 10 mins to find our rhythm. We samba-ed from the whistle and Posh were made to dance to our tune as Caldy soon made it 2. That after the luxury of a missed penalty. A sea of blue and White had been requested by the cambridgshire men. But only Sussex answered. Reduced to 10 by half time, Peterborough could have had 12 and it wouldn't have made any difference. When has watching Brighton ever been this good? We were literally a league above our opposition. And before the inevitable 3rd, posh knew it. Their fans streaming towards the exits, dejected, without hope. "is that your fire drill"? & "nightmare at London road" the Sussex hoards chorused. But it wasn't a nightmare; least not for us. No it was more like a dream. The day Brighton epitomised the beautiful game. We were that good. The day we lay siege to London road. Magnificient.

Just got back. To save writing another thread I'll agree with everything you said.

We were by far and above the better side. I took a friend from work along (a Liverpool fan). He originally wasn't keen on a three hour drive to see a side he has no links to, and to watch league one football. at half time he turned to me - with a massive smile and simply said 'that was the best half of football i've ever seen; i think i'll join you on the next away trip'. on the three hour drive home, he simply would not shut up about how incredible we were. So if a neutral can highlight our quality - it must have been special :clap2::albion1::bowdown:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I,m so lucky to have witnessed that game today, it was bloody amazing.

Thanks to Gus and the boys today for putting on a footballing masterpiece and making me so proud to be an Albion fan and giving me one of the best days ever!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just got back. To save writing another thread I'll agree with everything you said.

We were by far and above the better side. I took a friend from work along (a Liverpool fan). He originally wasn't keen on a three hour drive to see a side he has no links to, and to watch league one football. at half time he turned to me - with a massive smile and simply said 'that was the best half of football i've ever seen; i think i'll join you on the next away trip'. on the three hour drive home, he simply would not shut up about how incredible we were. So if a neutral can highlight our quality - it must have been special :clap2::albion1::bowdown:

my father in law who's a spurs fan at heart said same. He wouldn't stop talking about it in the car on the way home. He nearly phoned the bbc when they glossed over the result in the league 1 summary. He was raging "is that it, is that all they could say after one of the best games i've ever seen?!!" He was smacking the dashboard he was so cross. I just beamed all the way home. Another convert.... :lolol::thumbsup::albion1:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

my father in law who's a spurs fan at heart said same. He wouldn't stop talking about it in the car on the way home. He nearly phoned the bbc when they glossed over the result in the league 1 summary. He was raging "is that it, is that all they could say after one of the best games i've ever seen?!!" He was smacking the dashboard he was so cross. I just beamed all the way home. Another convert.... :lolol::thumbsup::albion1:

Well done for getting more on the Gus Bus :thumbsup: Proud to take people to Albion games these days.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Wow. I'm sure every Albion fan who saw our performance today will want to start their own thread. This was no ordinary victory. Forget charlton. forget one night at the palace. Forget victories at anfield last century. Because today we were that good. But do not forget Posh were an exciting attacking side at start of play, feared by league 1 defences throughout the land. We needn't have worried though, any trepidation we might have felt from craig m-s & mclean had evaporated within the 1st 10mins. For to score a goal, you need the ball. And Albion simply didn't let them near it. Some breathtaking passes, majestic wilderbeast like passing from side to side as we torn into Peterborough and soon went ahead-a bullet like header from barnes that Brighton threatened from the kick-off. No shakey start or 10 mins to find our rhythm. We samba-ed from the whistle and Posh were made to dance to our tune as Caldy soon made it 2. That after the luxury of a missed penalty. A sea of blue and White had been requested by the cambridgshire men. But only Sussex answered. Reduced to 10 by half time, Peterborough could have had 12 and it wouldn't have made any difference. When has watching Brighton ever been this good? We were literally a league above our opposition. And before the inevitable 3rd, posh knew it. Their fans streaming towards the exits, dejected, without hope. "is that your fire drill"? & "nightmare at London road" the Sussex hoards chorused. But it wasn't a nightmare; least not for us. No it was more like a dream. The day Brighton epitomised the beautiful game. We were that good. The day we lay siege to London road. Magnificient.

Are you Stuart Hall in disguise?

Seriously though, you have put into prose so eloquently what I failed to on another thread earlier this evening.

Simply incredible football. Every time Dicker got the ball, turned smartly, out foxed another one of their players or passed them off the park yet again I couldn't help but chuckle or turn to my friend to make sure he had seen it too.

This is our team playing like this! Top bombing!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just got back as well. I guess there will be a few of these threads over the next few hours so I'll say the same thing on every one, the same as I said coming out the ground: I've never seen a team dominate a game like we did today, not on telly, not live, not in any other league. I know they only had 10 men but that doesn't matter. I'd liken it to Phil Taylor playing me at darts and taking it seriously.

The team were immense and I'm happy to say the crowd lived up to the team, we sang fromstart to finish, no gaps, no lull in the noise nothing. As the song went We're f***ing brilliant- believe it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I actually laughed out loud today several times as Peterborough totally lost the plot at times.

Walking back from the game we were discussing whether are we really that good or are the opposition just very poor.

I really cannot decide at present but couldn't really care as currently we should fear no one.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
just got back! what a day,amazing support and atmosphere and on the pitch we just took them to pieces!! i will however point out that i did say we would take 2500 after all that and we did

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
There was more than 2500 there today without a shadow of a doubt. That fat wanker Barry Fry is a tax dodging bastard

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There was more than 2500 there today without a shadow of a doubt. That fat wanker Barry Fry is a tax dodging bastard

Perhaps the 800 Albion fans who were sitting down in the stand weren't counted ???

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I tuned in to Radio 5 at half time and their man there said the following, among other things;

"Brighton are rampant."
"There may only be 2 places between these two sides, but the gulf in class is much larger."

And at full time, "It's no exaggeration to say that this could have been a cricket score."

The lad knows his football. :thumbsup:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
on another note id praise the old bill today,they always get stick but thought they were decent! we arrived at 12 and there were loads out and about but had a joke with them,turned a blind eye to a few things and didnt move brighton fans about just mingled in a bit!spoke to BTP and he said 10 of them had come up from London just to follow albion fans back???...wonder if whoever it was has the letter with him:lolol:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Wow went up on the hope of getting a ticket on the gate which I did and boy was I glad I took the risk. There were times in the first half I was dumb founded we were dominating a game so much AWAY from home. BBC says only 48% possession didn't feel that from where I was watching. Some of the passing and confidence was superb. Thought Dicker & Greer were class not felt this good after a Brighton game for a long long long time.

We love the tippy tappy football :)

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Portlock
That display wassimply imperious.
I thought Charlton was the absolute rats pyjamas but today was simply breathtaking.
The question is, where do we go from here ...................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here