Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from "the siege of London Road"

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Many thanks to all of the team that provided a fantastic, and the best I have ever seen, game of football.

I have just tried to describe how good the game was in the local pub. For tomorrow, I have found an easier way of describing what I saw. I will advise whoever to read Portlocks comments, which ate are top draw, and echo my sentiments.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
yep, thats up there with the all time great performances, great day, great support and singing, thats what supporting the Albion is all about, We were F****ing Brilliant song made me chuckle, few parents might have to do some explaining this morn, all good fun and harmless, they are going to hear it all sooner than later anyway.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I'm still struggling to recall a better Albion performance home or away in my last 35 years of watching the Albion. Probably matched by some of the games under Micky Adams first stint as manager but even then considering the opposition and their home record and scoring record I still don't think there is any comparison. Yesterday was why we go to football, the passion, the football, the pride and for me the look on my lads face for 90 minutes as we totally dismantled Peterboro. Can't wait for Tues night now!

Last edited:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
yep, thats up there with the all time great performances, great day, great support and singing, thats what supporting the Albion is all about, We were F****ing Brilliant song made me chuckle, few parents might have to do some explaining this morn, all good fun and harmless, they are going to hear it all sooner than later anyway.

Maybe a child friendly, we were Flaming brilliant version :blush:

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Everyone extolled the Charlton game as the best in years - did Posh eclipse even that very-recent performance?
You who went to both, please elucidate.

This was a more comprehensive beating than the Charlton game IMO. Even though we only got the 3 goals we really sgould have had at least 6 or 7 and I swear I`m not exagerating here. We were so much ahead of Posh yesteday that it was like watching a team of plucky non-leaguers against a good premier outfit. That was how vast the gap seemed from my view point.
I called the performance at Charlton sublime so have a look in your Thesaurus for something just better than that.

Maybe f***ing brilliant will do, as they say in the song.

sammy g

Watching the Albion off and on for twenty six years has always been full of ups and downs,as much for off the pitch as on it. The quality of football has often been a distant runner-up in terms of those ups and downs; Not any more, after yesterday I can say with confidence that we are playing the best football I have ever witnessed. So glad I was there!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Everyone extolled the Charlton game as the best in years - did Posh eclipse even that very-recent performance?
You who went to both, please elucidate.

Yes it did, comfortably for me. We created more, were more solid at the back and completely and utterly dominated this game from start to end. Charlton there were patches where the home side were dominant, absolutely none whatsoever today (ok maybe the last 5).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yes it did, comfortably for me. We created more, were more solid at the back and completely and utterly dominated this game from start to end. Charlton there were patches where the home side were dominant, absolutely none whatsoever today (ok maybe the last 5).

Not wishing to detract from the performance, but, do you think we were so dominant because they were down to 10 men and therefore we had more room to play the passing game?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Not wishing to detract from the performance, but, do you think we were so dominant because they were down to 10 men and therefore we had more room to play the passing game?

Well in a word yes. But, lets not forget that by the time he was sent off we were already 1-0 up, and their keeper had made two smashing saves from Murray and Bridcutt, while they had barely had a kick.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well in a word yes. But, lets not forget that by the time he was sent off we were already 1-0 up, and their keeper had made two smashing saves from Murray and Bridcutt, while they had barely had a kick.

All sounds rather good! Couldn't make the game yesterday, but all the reports are very encouraging. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Pretty much what Gus said in interview - that it didn't make much difference as we were all over them anyway.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
They could have had 12 playing and we still would of won 3-0........forget 6 or 7 we could have had 9-10 yesterday.......Penalty miss, hit the woodwork twice and Joe Lewis had a great game.

Dandyman

In London village.
We're f***ing brilliant.

What can we say ? Well done to the Gus,Tano, Charlie and the boys that was amazing - class throughout the side, fantastic football and a massively important win.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did any of you alcoholics drag yourself away from the pub in time to see the players at the end of their pre-match warm ups. They were so pumped up and together as they left the field. It was the same at Charlton. This is a team/squad who believe in each other.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Those of us who couldn't go are now even more jealous.I hope we are still doing this when we go to Exeter and Yeovil,aways that I can make.

Even so,how on earth are we going to fill our new stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here