Joao Teixeira

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Keep opening this thread hoping to see that Tex -The Return is going to happen. I am disappointed every time :down:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I don't think Klopp rates Tex, but with 13 injuries, I think his hand has been forced to keep Tex around!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Keep opening this thread hoping to see that Tex -The Return is going to happen. I am disappointed every time :down:

Me too, but the day I don't open it Tex will be pictured wearing an Albion shirt and I will miss it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Sorry missed your post as using phone. Re Brentford, yes you did (apologies) I understood Brentford cancelled the loan......

I thought Hughton left him out for a spell and only brought him back after a while (would need to check), I would certainly not say at any point we built a team around him.

Interesting idea re formation and if he signed that would be his best role. Certainly don't have him down as a wide player, as others have mentioned.

My preference is to use the money elsewhere.

That's fair enough, and I'm not saying we don't have other priorities at this moment in time, I just think that we would be silly to turn down the opportunity to resign him if we could as I think he adds quality we don't currently have. Saying that, Towell may provide that - I don't know as I've not seen him play.

I agree though - I wouldn't be signing him as a wide player. I'd be signing him as a number 10 to give us options in the final third that we don't currently have in central areas.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I just posted on the thread about the Liverpool-Exeter game that I reckon, based on his performance tonight, he's not going to make the Liverpool squad of 25, but he did just about enough (particularly in the first half) to make me think he could be a good addition to ours on loan.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He looked like he didn't fancy it tonight, way off the pace, heavy pitch, hostile atmosphere. In fairness the whole team struggled.

Would still have him back in a heartbeat.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Playing at no.53 Liverpool obviously rate him

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
His performance tonight has really put me off getting him back on loan. I can remember one of the first things he said when he turned up last year, and it was that his aim was to try and reduce the number of touches he has. He just requires too many.
Our style of play has shifted this year, it's far more about moving the ball quickly, and we've been most successful when we've done precisely that. I'm not searching through my memory, but we haven't scored goals by passing through the opposition's defence -- that's what you need Tex for. I'd much rather we had pace, and am far happier in getting Knockaert.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
His performance tonight has really put me off getting him back on loan. I can remember one of the first things he said when he turned up last year, and it was that his aim was to try and reduce the number of touches he has. He just requires too many.
Our style of play has shifted this year, it's far more about moving the ball quickly, and we've been most successful when we've done precisely that. I'm not searching through my memory, but we haven't scored goals by passing through the opposition's defence -- that's what you need Tex for. I'd much rather we had pace, and am far happier in getting Knockaert.

We haven't scored goals by passing through teams because we don't have players with Tex's quality to do it in the forward areas.

And in case you hadn't noticed, we haven't scored many (any!) goals recently - yet your logic is to not buy players with creativity, dribbling ability and technique #greatlogic

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought he was their best player and most creative first half. Less so second.
Lfc have so many injuries I just don't see them letting Tex go.
If they did I can't see that he would be a regular starter for us or that perpetual cameos off the bench would be what he or his club want.
Rather another winger and play one wide/one narrow and keep one (even two at home) on the bench. Only goals can take us up from this point and if we get into the lottery of play-offs we need to know we have the potential to break teams in one off games

Same - think he could play the Baldock role of deeper lying forward well

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We haven't scored goals by passing through teams because we don't have players with Tex's quality to do it in the forward areas.

And in case you hadn't noticed, we haven't scored many (any!) goals recently - yet your logic is to not buy players with creativity, dribbling ability and technique #greatlogic

Apologies to disappoint. Tex undoubtedly has that ability, but my general point is that he requires too many touches and slows the game down. And as you have access to logic, can you let us know how many goals we've scored this season by a series of passes through an opposition? I can point to many where we've exposed them through pace and directness -- these are qualities that Knockaert possesses, on top of creativity, dribbling ability and technique (March and KLL, too).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports