Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Teixeira

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given their current injury issues I can't see Klopp letting Tex go out on loan.
He may not be quite there in first team terms he isn't entirely too far off either and letting him go would attract criticism which I think Klopp is too politically cute to risk.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought he showed some glimpses of real class last season. Clearly more skill than anyone we had at the time, and was rightly considered to be POTS by some, but I can see why some people considered him a luxury player in a struggling team in a relegation scrap.

However, we seem to have a pretty settled formation that suits our team and style of play. I can't see how we can easily accommodate him without major changes to the team, or we would have to play him out of position, which would be a bit of a waste.

If we had got him in August and could have had a pre-season then I think we could have got it right, but to make that change now isn't worth the risk in my humble opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really.... your comparing to Joe Bennett ?.... even in jest thats plain wrong..

He was outstanding considering the shower of a side that was around him at the time.

But that's the point isn't it, it feels like a few good games has swung opinion.

I would be interested to see some analysis of his ratings in [MENTION=4639]ack[/MENTION]er 's player ratings threads.

I can't recall giving him MoM more than 2 or 3 times, which for a flair player in an abysmal team isn't very good.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He'll play for Liverpool tonight. A lot will depend on how he shows up in that, I guess.

I agree. It's one reason to watch the game tonight.

I disagree that he couldn't play in our 442 formation. He could easily play second striker, although I think he and Wilson are both dribblers and probably not suited to playing together. In the 2nd half siege of Wolves we were crying out for Teixeira-like ability to beat players in congested areas and play 1-2s.

PG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In yesterdays Star they showed LVG showing this formation to the United players to use succesfully against Watford. So it is good enough for Man Utd but couldnt be used by us. Actually The Star used the picture with a back four and then 2-2-2 as looking like a penis,

Well, The Sun would do that, wouldn't they.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. I really don't think he's that good and simply can't understand the NSC love in when he had about 5 good games last season.
In terms of poor squad etc, the saying big fish in a small pool etc.... Sorry, he was a tiny fish who rarely shone in a very poor pool. Too weak and frequently chose the wrong option.
Going by this - and by your repetition of this on subsequent posts - it looks like you're the BG of this thread!

3. Highly debatable re Brazil, personally having seen their games, I don't think that formation is correct at all.
I watched them too (on TV anyway). So did all the commentators and pundits at the time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree. He's in Liverpool's squad of 25.

And presumably some players - like Tex - will drop out of the 25 if they bring in some names during the window?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd have Tex back in a heart beat. The talent is there to be a very special player at Championship level (and potentially higher). People forget that that was his first full season as a regular last year - he started the season in a position that didn't particularly suit him, yet by the end of the season under Hughton, the whole team was built around him in the number 10 position and our form improved vastly. That shows how highly Hughton rated him in my book, and were we able to get him back, I suspect Hughton would recognise what he brings to the team and do something similar.

One thing we've missed at times this season, even in our good run of form, was a player to link the midfield and with the forward line - he'd give us that. You only have to see the impact losing March has had on our ability to score as we simply don't have anyone to carry the ball and drive at teams to get us up the pitch.

It amazes me that there are Brighton fans who wouldn't want him back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd have Tex back in a heart beat. The talent is there to be a very special player at Championship level (and potentially higher). People forget that that was his first full season as a regular last year - he started the season in a position that didn't particularly suit him, yet by the end of the season under Hughton, the whole team was built around him in the number 10 position and our form improved vastly. That shows how highly Hughton rated him in my book, and were we able to get him back, I suspect Hughton would recognise what he brings to the team and do something similar.

It amazes me that there are Brighton fans who wouldn't want him back.

He also spent time on loan at Brentford prior to us.

In terms of Hughton building his team around him, I really don't think that was the case, but if it were, it would explain a lot of things in terms of our final position. [emoji6]

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be fair if location's the issue I'll drive him to Liverpool and back each bleedin' Saturday!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He should be playing tonight V Exeter City

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

In terms of Hughton building his team around him, I really don't think that was the case, but if it were, it would explain a lot of things in terms of our final position. [emoji6]

He played 2 games at Brentford - I did say first full season as a regular :albion2:

You mean our final position in regards to us not being relegated, as we were going to be prior to Hughton coming in and Tex being given a central role in the side?

All I'm saying, the idea of Tex, March, Knockaert behind a central striker like Wilson, with Kayal and Stephens behind that, is a mouth watering prospect at this level. And Tex would certainly not be out of place in that company. If anything he'd probably bring the best out of such players.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

:lolol: Clutching at straws as you swim on your own against the current!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:lolol: Clutching at straws as you swim on your own against the current!

He did though and I think they cancelled the loan.

Of course just because I am the lone voice on this thread, doesn't mean I am wrong. [emoji6]. NSC is hardly renowned for footballing experts after all. I could also fall into that category as well, especially if Tex signs, he's better than last year and makes a difference. We'll see.

Given we have Harper who is similar anyway, I really don't see us going for him.

All healthy debate though. [emoji2]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He played 2 games at Brentford - I did say first full season as a regular :albion2:

You mean our final position in regards to us not being relegated, as we were going to be prior to Hughton coming in and Tex being given a central role in the side?

All I'm saying, the idea of Tex, March, Knockaert behind a central striker like Wilson, with Kayal and Stephens behind that, is a mouth watering prospect at this level. And Tex would certainly not be out of place in that company. If anything he'd probably bring the best out of such players.

Sorry missed your post as using phone. Re Brentford, yes you did (apologies) I understood Brentford cancelled the loan......

I thought Hughton left him out for a spell and only brought him back after a while (would need to check), I would certainly not say at any point we built a team around him.

Interesting idea re formation and if he signed that would be his best role. Certainly don't have him down as a wide player, as others have mentioned.

My preference is to use the money elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here