Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Never mind all the sensible stuff - even the moaning needs to take a back seat while the big issues are considered.

Is his first name pronounced as in "Joe but with a west country yokel's elongation of the vowels"? Is the J hard or soft or even a gutteral H? And ia the surname pronounced Tessera (as in little bits of mosaic) or is the second syllable "air" and the X pronounced as such or a sybillant "th"?

Forget the football.
Surely these are the issues (along with whether he will have his christian name or surname on the back of his shirt) that need to be discussed!

"working to bring NSC off the ceiling & back down to where it belongs"

I'm looking forward to seeing Joe Charles play.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Very pleased with this signing...Looks very talented,great composure and very technical.I bet he's miles better than JFC,will be a very good addition im sure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Never mind all the sensible stuff - even the moaning needs to take a back seat while the big issues are considered.

Is his first name pronounced as in "Joe but with a west country yokel's elongation of the vowels"? Is the J hard or soft or even a gutteral H? And ia the surname pronounced Tessera (as in little bits of mosaic) or is the second syllable "air" and the X pronounced as such or a sybillant "th"?

Forget the football.
Surely these are the issues (along with whether he will have his christian name or surname on the back of his shirt) that need to be discussed!

Joao - Zhu-ow

Teixeira - de shay ra

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
You mean it will take as long as 10 minutes? Some on here have already made up their minds,and it looks like you might be one of them. Still, if he pkays the full season, at least you will have someone to moan about, so it won't be a complete waste

The thicko behind me will doubtless come out with the usual "he's lightweight, he's not ready, why are we playing him, he's out of his depth" stuff within the first 10 minutes. Hope the lad gets an early goal to silence the proportion of idiots in our crowd who expect signings like this to bed in straight away, adjust to new surroundings, new teammates, a new style of play and a new division with no problems of any kind.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Forget the football.

The initial letter J in Portuguese is a soft J- a sort of "zh" sound, if you can envisage that. Like how you say the middle part of "leisure".

As for his family name, I *believe* it's along the lines of "Tay-zhair-uh.

So, Zh-wow Tay-zhair-uh.

Cliff Richard lives in the Algarve: I'll check with him to make sure.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon about 90% of the Liverpool fans that are claiming how good he is have never seen him play, they just like to sound ITK. I'm excited none the less.

P.s what was the need for the Gillingham jibe?

Not a jibe at all.
Just trying to show how far we've come and perhaps people should be more grateful for what we've got rather than what we haven't got.
We had a bloody awful team playing for us with no stadium in the not too distant past. It's amazing to see what we have now, but all I hear is moaning.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The initial letter J in Portuguese is a soft J- a sort of "zh" sound, if you can envisage that. Like how you say the middle part of "leisure".

As for his family name, I *believe* it's along the lines of "Tay-zhair-uh.

So, Zh-wow Tay-zhair-uh.

Cliff Richard lives in the Algarve: I'll check with him to make sure.

Did you hear WA on saturday telling JC how to pronounce the new guys name ...was a larf

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
SACK BURKE. He should be signing players that we can pronounce easier.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A 6 month loan of a player who couldn't get in the Brentford team in League 1, **** off.

We have threadbare squad and are desperate for some much needed quality and so we should setting our standards much higher than players who have hardly kicked a ball to date. We are scratching about signing unproven kids while teams in our league are signings players like Clayton,Thorne,Callum Wilson etc. Quite frankly it's appalling.

:lolol:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Who's that man who comes from Braga
Who's that scouser that we've loaned
Teixeira is his name
And he scores a goal a game
And we wont be singing Leo anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here