Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm not sure but I think I heard Warren call him "Toshiba"... :)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
This from the Guardian comments section this evening -

"As a Liverpool supporter who first saw João Carlos Teixeira rip through the clubs U19 side in the Next Gen (RIP) while playing for Sporting Lisbon it looked clear enough from that moment he had great potential, however no sooner had LFC taken an interest in buying him he sustained a back injury which kept him out of the game for about a year (but didn't stop him being bought). Indeed I'd be willing to suggest that had his path been smoother he'd be talked about like Coutinho/Sterling by now.
Its been fun reading the Seagulls thread since he was signed, they couldn't have been less enthused, the only thing they knew about him was his aborted loan at Brentford and so reckoned he must be rubbish. Hopefully he has a good season and can nail down a place with LFC next summer."

We done good.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This from the Guardian comments section this evening -

"As a Liverpool supporter who first saw João Carlos Teixeira rip through the clubs U19 side in the Next Gen (RIP) while playing for Sporting Lisbon it looked clear enough from that moment he had great potential, however no sooner had LFC taken an interest in buying him he sustained a back injury which kept him out of the game for about a year (but didn't stop him being bought). Indeed I'd be willing to suggest that had his path been smoother he'd be talked about like Coutinho/Sterling by now.
Its been fun reading the Seagulls thread since he was signed, they couldn't have been less enthused, the only thing they knew about him was his aborted loan at Brentford and so reckoned he must be rubbish. Hopefully he has a good season and can nail down a place with LFC next summer."
Some of the goons on here should be made to write this out 50 times before they are allowed to make their next contribution of witless criticism...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"only completed 80% of his passes which isn't a great figure".

That seems pretty damn good to me considering how long he'd been with the squad in training.

Agreed. How many of the 20% were down to others not being on his wavelength ? So, some scope for improvement from his MOM full debut.......

Watching the highlights, his movement and ability to run with the ball AND pick a pass makes him look potentially just what we need. Very early days but I liked what I saw and am looking forward to seeing him in the flesh provided they've replaced his leg that dirty Leeds tried to amputate with that outrageous tackle (which was a pen)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but Teixeira could be an improvement on what we were getting from Buckley. (I was a big fan of Buckley's, right to the end).

If it turns out that way, perhaps Poyet should have taken Teixeira on loan.

Irrespective of what Buckley does or doesn't do for Sunderland, Teixeira has the makings of being the most exciting creative player for us in the mould of the brilliant but crocked Vicente.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
This player's name is t'Shearer
with him play-offs are nearer
and if I were a Kraut
then I would no doubt
go as far as to call him our führer.

:albion2:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No certainly not.
There you go, you can give me yet another thumbs down.

Not going to do it in response to that post.
Don't pretend you don't do exactly the same to my posts, fella.

Anyway. Back on track: anyone still think he's not good enough for Brentford?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Not going to do it in response to that post.
Don't pretend you don't do exactly the same to my posts, fella.

Anyway. Back on track: anyone still think he's not good enough for Brentford?
I think you'll find you got a green one from me !
And in response, he was relatively unknown to most, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I think he's gonna be quality !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure but I think I heard Warren call him "Toshiba"... :)

That's what I've been calling him. A powerful hard drive, excellent at multi tasking, doesn't take long to switch on. Plenty in storage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here