Jermaine Pennant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's not bad is it? Two arrests in 24 hours. Well done, Jermaine!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Throw the book at him... He could have killed someone...f***ing mug...

Somehow footballers seem to get away with a lot of shit though...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
What a Knob , arrested for drink driving yesterday morning . Whats worse he was driving with no insurance and whilst disqualified. I hope they throw the book at him .:shit:

why is that worse? insurance is a scam, and if one has passed a test one is good enough to drive.

drink driving is much worse - i would certainly drive if disqualified - one is just another car.

if you think the judicial system is just i think you should open your eyes and do some research www DOT youtube.com/watch?v=KOQzmtU1SjM (about mid way thro).

i get sick of ppl saying "but its the law, oh you must follow the law."

yep, its wrong he drank and drove, but f00k - there are people getting bombed today and poverty on a mass scale - get some perspective.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
why is that worse? insurance is a scam, and if one has passed a test one is good enough to drive.

drink driving is much worse - i would certainly drive if disqualified - one is just another car.

if you think the judicial system is just i think you should open your eyes and do some research www DOT youtube.com/watch?v=KOQzmtU1SjM (about mid way thro).

yep, its wrong he drank and drove, but f00k - there are people getting bombed today and poverty on a mass scale - get some perspective.

He could have hit someone quite easily he didnt have full control of that car, -- get some perspective.

As for insurance being a scam im guessing you dont have any, hope ya dont drive

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'd be interested to see your sense of "perspective" in the horrific event that someone pissed, uninsured and disqualified ran over and killed your partner or kids. I'm sure you'd be straight up there in court, begging for the most lenient sentence possible for the person responsible. Correct?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Pennant is a knob, to think he could get away with this again - and then the assault charge.......
I hope he gets 6 months + inside, Stoke sack him and he loses the wealth and benefits being a professional footballer affords him
But you know that when he comes out some manager somewhere will say to his chairman 'we could get that Jermaine Pennant in - he's a free agent so would only cost a sign-on fee' and before you know it he's at least in the championship getting a decent wedge elsewhere. Although a setback going to prison didn't destroy Lee Hughes career did it?

I'd be interested to see your sense of "perspective" in the horrific event that someone pissed, uninsured and disqualified ran over and killed your partner or kids. I'm sure you'd be straight up there in court, begging for the most lenient sentence possible for the person responsible. Correct?

Nah, he'd be asking us to think of the starving children.

falmer seagull

Apr 28, 2012
This really gets my back up. He'll get off as most footballers do. I done the same thing back in 1996. It was really fecking stupid and i regretted my actions and when I got released from prison I promised my family id never bring shame on them or me again and have stuck by promise.

I got a 3 month prison sentence, banned for 3 years, £1,000 fine and lost my job. I had to learn the hard way and just thank god i didn't hurt anyone as dont think i could of lived with the guilt.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

my comment was referring to insurance and disqualified (not the drink driving) --- these two are hardly crimes of the century. insurance companies perform so much ill in the world it is untrue (where they invest). if someone ran over a close one, no money would ease the blow, or help the guilt of the person who did the running over.

yes, if someone ran over a close one of mine, i would for sure stand up and wish they were not sent to a cage. you are quite silly and strange i think, you seem to think vengeance is justice.....lol. group think once again is evident on NSC.

my comment was referring to insurance and disqualified (not the drink driving) --- these two are hardly crimes of the century. insurance companies perform so much ill in the world it is untrue (where they invest). if someone ran over a close one, no money would ease the blow, or help the guilt of the person who did the running over.

yes, if someone ran over a close one of mine, i would for sure stand up and wish they were not sent to a cage. you are quite silly and strange i think, you seem to think vengeance is justice.....lol. group think once again is evident on NSC.

Group think Brunswick or a number of people all coming to the same conclusion independently?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Group think Brunswick or a number of people all coming to the same conclusion independently?

It's proven prison does not work to rehabilitate people or solve any pain caused, so the "conclusions" that people have as this being the solution are bereft of truth. The "lock em up and throw away the key" I believe is a group think paradigm. If each person independently spent time studying prison life, I believe their conclusions would be different.........hence, group think.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

a most perfect repost edna

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I actually agree with you that the desire for vengeance rarely eases the pain of grief...then again the concept of justice is what most people would want in such circumstances, and that doesn't necessarily equal vengeance.

That said, you're clearly more interested in trying to make yourself out to be the only intelligent, free-thinking individual on this board, and intentionally or not, you simply patronise people.

Your self-righteous little world really must be an amazing place to live in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's proven prison does not work to rehabilitate people or solve any pain caused, so the "conclusions" that people have as this being the solution are bereft of truth. The "lock em up and throw away the key" I believe is a group think paradigm. If each person independently spent time studying prison life, I believe their conclusions would be different.........hence, group think.

So what, pray, is your solution to people who commit crime, serious or otherwise?

I genuinely would like to know, as I'm sure would many others.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

I was making the point that he clearly thinks he is above the law by driving whilst disqualified and not having insurance when he can clearly afford to . Yes it is breaking the law . Why should he not have to abide by the laws of this country when most others do . If you do not accept , then go and live in a place where the laws are different !

I think it is you who needs perspective !

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
The problem is that so many kids who are talented at football are brought up through academies constantly being told how wonderful they are and how much they're going to earn, and they grow up believing it. They're cosseted and kept away from real life, so all they know is football.

And the club that they play for have people that look after *absolutely* everything for them (for instance looking after their passports and handing them out at passport control then collecting them back in immediately afterwards when they travel), plus finding them places to live with everything there looked after too.

So no wonder some of these kids grow up with massively over-inflated views of their own importance, and have never in their whole lives had to grow up or accept responsibility for themselves.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The problem is that so many kids who are talented at football are brought up through academies constantly being told how wonderful they are and how much they're going to earn, and they grow up believing it. They're cosseted and kept away from real life, so all they know is football.

And the club that they play for have people that look after *absolutely* everything for them (for instance looking after their passports and handing them out at passport control then collecting them back in immediately afterwards when they travel), plus finding them places to live with everything there looked after too.

So no wonder some of these kids grow up with massively over-inflated views of their own importance, and have never in their whole lives had to grow up or accept responsibility for themselves.

Posh kids too ???

I hear what you are saying but perversely some and maybe even Pennant has probably made a better fist of his life ( not just financially ) than if he wasn't fortunate/talented enough to be involved in football.

If we could spin his life back to a life where football wasn't an option for him, then him and others would probably commit a greater level of criminality.

Still a prick though in my view.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I don't give a shit. If someone does something that causes harm to my family or friends, then it's highly likely that will promote an emotive response from me.

How about I punch you in the face? I suspect you will react?

Or will you sit down, think about it and possibly suggest that I get some counselling?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

This isn't limited to footballers or kids.

Enron, Tony Blair.. some NSC posters.... the list is endless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports