Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermaine Pennant

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's proven prison does not work to rehabilitate people or solve any pain caused

You have a point with which I agree. But, prison is not just there to rehabilitate people. Sometimes it is simply used to keep certain people off the streets. Pennant has been given umpteen chances and has the resources at his disposal to sort himself out. He has not. And further more he is a threat given he repeat offends for drink driving and public order issues. Lock the twat up until he shows a sincere and genuine desire to be less of a menace to society. I do not want to live in a world where we do not forgive but you need to earn the right to be forgiven IMHO.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I was making the point that he clearly thinks he is above the law by driving whilst disqualified and not having insurance when he can clearly afford to . Yes it is breaking the law . Why should he not have to abide by the laws of this country when most others do . If you do not accept , then go and live in a place where the laws are different !

I think it is you who needs perspective !

lol. baaaaa. i bet you follow any rules no matter what "because they are the rules." grow up one day huh?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I actually agree with you that the desire for vengeance rarely eases the pain of grief...then again the concept of justice is what most people would want in such circumstances, and that doesn't necessarily equal vengeance.

That said, you're clearly more interested in trying to make yourself out to be the only intelligent, free-thinking individual on this board, and intentionally or not, you simply patronise people.

Your self-righteous little world really must be an amazing place to live in.

intelligence is subjective, so that is obviously something you are projecting onto me. thanks :) free thinking is everyone's right is it not?

if people feel patronised, then that is their problem is it not? there is not intent to patronise anyone, but my response regarding insurance and prisons are objectively true. I can give you more info on insurance companies and prisons if you like?

my world is not self righteous, but i try to live as well as i can, and as true as i can, and yes, it is an amazing place to be, as should everyones life.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
if someone ran over a close one, no money would ease the blow, or help the guilt of the person who did the running over.

But that's not the point. Insurance isn't some form of 'compensation' for yourself, it's to help pay the additional costs that your relative would incur if they were injured and

a) had to take long periods off work or take retirement on medical grounds.
b) had to have their house specially adapted because of long term disability (e.g. confinement to a wheelchair).
c) had to pay for extra carers because they were unable to look after themselves (unless you were prepared to become their full-time carer) after e.g. a head injury.
d) had to replace their vehicle because some other driver had collided with them and written it off.

If it were just 'compensation' then the insurance company would pay up simply because they fancied a months cruise in the bahamas.

Have a look at countries where they don't have any form of insurance and you'll soon realise that if any misfortune were to happen to you, your only recourse would be to charitable organisations or to beg in the street.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
lol. baaaaa. i bet you follow any rules no matter what "because they are the rules." grow up one day huh?

No i obey the law. I guess thats a concept you cannot understand in your deluded world .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
intelligence is subjective, so that is obviously something you are projecting onto me. thanks :) free thinking is everyone's right is it not?

if people feel patronised, then that is their problem is it not? there is no intent to patronise anyone, but my response regarding insurance and prisons are objectively true. I can give you more info on insurance companies and prisons if you like?

my world is not self righteous, but i try to live as well as i can, and as true as i can, and yes, it is an amazing place to be, as should everyones life.

Do you read your posts? This one I have quoted is a good one to start with.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Still no intent to patronise?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
intelligence is subjective.......free thinking is everyone's right is it not?

I have fond memories of my days in the 6th form.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No i obey the law.

I know your sort. I bet you're a Tory who dresses up in women's clothes at the weekend. Am I right?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
No i obey the law. I guess thats a concept you cannot understand in your deluded world .

ROFL so anyone who does not obey all laws is deluded? I am my own law, my word is my law, my agreements are my law, my promises are my law, any authorities putting rules on me is folly. insurance should be an option, not forced.

do you know how many laws have come into the EU in the past 10 years with no dialog with the public? do you know how silly most of these are? you carry on being a "good little citizen." it's your choice, but don't you go forcing your way of life onto others - that my friend, is severely dangerous.

so when you are in another country you immediately adapt to their laws even if they go against the ones in england? this makes you a pinball in a machine, or a rat in a lab maze, with no centre of your own.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
so when you are in another country you immediately adapt to their laws even if they go against the ones in england?

I'll tell you what, when you get off 'Le Shuttle' in Calais try driving on the left hand side of the road and see how far you can get without any insurance!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll tell you what, when you get off 'Le Shuttle' in Calais try driving on the left hand side of the road and see how far you can get without any insurance!!!!!!!

Brilliant. This should shut Student Grant up.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
You're pontificating like a 6th former, this is the relevance.

again, subjective and a projection from your life experiences. i had no desire to get A levels, or hang out with such types.

[MENTION=310]ditchy[/MENTION]

images

cutcaster-photo-801012405-stand-behind-the-yellow-line.jpg

BLOGi_think_therefore_i_am_dangerous.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ROFL so anyone who does not obey all laws is deluded? I am my own law, my word is my law, my agreements are my law, my promises are my law, any authorities putting rules on me is folly. insurance should be an option, not forced.

do you know how many laws have come into the EU in the past 10 years with no dialog with the public? do you know how silly most of these are? you carry on being a "good little citizen." it's your choice, but don't you go forcing your way of life onto others - that my friend, is severely dangerous.

so when you are in another country you immediately adapt to their laws even if they go against the ones in england? this makes you a pinball in a machine, or a rat in a lab maze, with no centre of your own.

You're batshit mental mate, bet you are a right laugh. Do you actually support Brighton and watch matchs?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
again, subjective and a projection from your life experiences. i had no desire to get A levels, or hang out with such types.

[MENTION=310]ditchy[/MENTION]

images

cutcaster-photo-801012405-stand-behind-the-yellow-line.jpg

BLOGi_think_therefore_i_am_dangerous.jpg

You remind me of me when I was 16-17.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here