[Albion] "It’s like the old Billy Gilmour we’ve got back."

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I know he’s been playing great recently but this for me was his best game, it’s not just his passing accuracy etc and it’s not just the way he gets about the pitch. Today I say Gilmour 2.0, he was not only making us tick but he was leading the team, always making himself available, demanding the ball, or pointing to where to should go. Today he really reminded me of Modric, he was the heartbeat of the side and orchestrated most of our passages of play.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I’ll probably create a post/thread closer to the time, but for us BG fans (and/or partial Scots), Scotland have a Euro qualifier this coming Friday which I imagine he’d feature in.
Although it’s a friendly, we have England at Hampden a week on Tuesday. I’m going along to that and hoping to see Gilmour v Dunk and Colwill 😁

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought he was outstanding today.

Possibly a consideration for Garth's Best Player Bingo XI - with 90% of the comment about Eddie Howe's job being at risk :lol:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
BG's vision is tremendous. Always wanting the ball, always splaying the killer passes. He's clearly relishing the extra responsibility in midfield this season. And the technique and power on the shot that Pope spilled into the path of Ferguson was a joy to behold. What a player!
Also the absolutely outrageous turn he did in the second half. Faked he was taking the ball back towards goal and turned the Newcastle player leaving him with about 20 yards of space in front of him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know he’s been playing great recently but this for me was his best game, it’s not just his passing accuracy etc and it’s not just the way he gets about the pitch. Today I say Gilmour 2.0, he was not only making us tick but he was leading the team, always making himself available, demanding the ball, or pointing to where to should go. Today he really reminded me of Modric, he was the heartbeat of the side and orchestrated most of our passages of play.
Great observation . That was a very modric display

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought he was outstanding today.

Possibly a consideration for Garth's Best Player Bingo XI - with 90% of the comment about Eddie Howe's job being at risk :lol:
“Billy Gilmour looked in great form in the centre of midfield for Brighton as they swept aside Newcastle. The visitors with their new wealth entered the Champions League draw this week and a tough draw won’t make Eddie Howe’s job any easier. If the new owners do get twitchy, there’d be no better replacement than Roberto De Zerbi”

SteveU

May 31, 2022
He’s improved so much. There was the off field stuff that must have affected him.

A run of games has done him the world of good. Looked so comfortable on the ball today.

Would take players who want to play for the Albion over anything else. It’s what has got us to our present position.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
EF would never have scored the opener had BG not sent a rocket the keepers way. Another top performance from BG.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“Billy Gilmour looked in great form in the centre of midfield for Brighton as they swept aside Newcastle. The visitors with their new wealth entered the Champions League draw this week and a tough draw won’t make Eddie Howe’s job any easier. If the new owners do get twitchy, there’d be no better replacement than Roberto De Zerbi”
Briefly this post was funny.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The Roberto De Zerbi effect right there my friend

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Better player than the ovverated maccer. Said this at the end of last season and stick with it. Maccer has had a fairly average start at Liverpool as well, shock horror.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports