Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "It’s like the old Billy Gilmour we’ve got back."

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can’t believe he doesn’t start for Scotland. McGinn is quality, Robertson and Tierney good but overrated at same time. There’s no way any of the other journeymen in the squad are remotely on Billy’s level. Even the ones who’ve plodded along at big clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t believe he doesn’t start for Scotland. McGinn is quality, Robertson and Tierney good but overrated at same time. There’s no way any of the other journeymen in the squad are remotely on Billy’s level. Even the ones who’ve plodded along at big clubs.
His renaissance is a recent thing. It was only a couple of months ago that most of our fan base were all 'Billy who? Get RID!'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got a start for Scotchland last night and by all accounts, smashed it out the park.

I think he’ll have a massive season for us in 23/24. The only question now is which midfielder will start alongside him, especially if Caicedo leaves.
I watched it on a moody stream*. He was MOTM. :love:

*I say stream. It was more a lake

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Billy Gilmour came into the team and was a Praetorian Guard in front of his defence. Economical with the ball. Alert. Accurate, Classy. The Brighton midfielder had a pleasing end to his club season but he's not had it easy for a long time.

Unwanted by Chelsea, regularly picked on by Norwich fans in an unhappy spell at Carrow Road, signed for Brighton by Graham Potter, who promptly left the club, inherited by Roberto de Zerbi who hasn't, until lately, found much game-time for him.

There was that business with the Tik Tok stalker as well. Unsettling to somebody with a fragile temperament. Gilmour, though, is a tough cookie.

The Brighton midfield of last season was a tough one to get into but, once he did - when Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo were given a break towards the end of the season - he showed his stuff.

De Zerbi said recently that, perhaps, he'd made a mistake by not giving the Scot more opportunities. Music to the player's ears, no doubt. If De Zerbi watched his boy patrol Hampden, he'd have enjoyed what he saw."

- Tom English
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65969204

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
His renaissance is a recent thing. It was only a couple of months ago that most of our fan base were all 'Billy who? Get RID!'.
Were they ? People around me were excited when Billy signed and were looking forward to seeing him. I thought De Zerbi didn't fancy him as he got so little game time, but perhaps now we know why that was. You can tell from his reception during games many people are delighted for him to be doing well - not surprised.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Were they ? People around me were excited when Billy signed and were looking forward to seeing him. I thought De Zerbi didn't fancy him as he got so little game time, but perhaps now we know why that was. You can tell from his reception during games many people are delighted for him to be doing well - not surprised.
Morning squire. I deffo remember posts on NSC of a disparaging nature. Personally I was surprised and delighted by his recent (superb) displays. :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Morning squire. I deffo remember posts on NSC of a disparaging nature. Personally I was surprised and delighted by his recent (superb) displays. :thumbsup:

Me too HWT. Especially when he signed and slagging him off for his Norwich performances.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Gilmour graft and craft recognised​

FT: Scotland 2-0 Georgia
a0d83ab9-2a61-4d72-873c-dbafb2160b27.jpg

Amy Canavan
BBC Scotland at Hampden Park
A big, big hug for Billy Gilmour from Steve Clarke as his name got announced as a fitting player of the match for this evening.
What a shift from the wee man.
View attachment 162537
Thought for a second there that Amy Canavan was Billy's new WAG, to date the only woman l have seen him with has been his mum.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here