Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"It's beyond beauty or ugliness" - Chelsea's new Stadium

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
ive got season tickets in the east lower for me and both my kids, i go to pretty much every home game.

So what team do you watch when both teams are at home.When the fixtures are published and lets say 80% of the clubs home games clash, do you still buy both clubs STH's?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So what team do you watch when both teams are at home.When the fixtures are published and lets say 80% of the clubs home games clash, do you still buy both clubs STH's?
i go to brighton, ive only got one at chelsea , ive got a season ticket for both me and my kids at brighton, contrary to what one poster has stated , chelsea sell out every game , i have no problem selling my season ticket, if its a massive match i will sometimes go to chelsea and let my youngest go into the match with my mates, he is still chelsea, the oldest is brighton, converted 3 seasons ago when we got the season tickets.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
i go to brighton, ive only got one at chelsea , ive got a season ticket for both me and my kids at brighton, contrary to what one poster has stated , chelsea sell out every game , i have no problem selling my season ticket, if its a massive match i will sometimes go to chelsea and let my youngest go into the match with my mates, he is still chelsea, the oldest is brighton, converted 3 seasons ago when we got the season tickets.

At least your eldest has some sense.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
My last word on the subject and I can't beleive I checked but anyway.

I looked at average attenndances for the last period we were both shit at the same time. The 80's we were worse 2 season in div 1 and a couple in Div 3. Super Chelsea mostly Div 1 with some two early 80's Div 2.

Albion averaged 11,438 someway from what we do know for sure.

Super Chelsea? 18,157 it's a bit of a stretch from there to 60,000 wouldn't you say? If it was built tomorrow and you were playing mid to lower end of the PL?
Yeah times have changed etc but that was what you got when deal old Ken was running it.

I'm not going to insult you, you may be a great bloke for all I know but I'm more than entitled to think you'd struggle to sell out....

Either way I don't give a **** and I'm off to walk the Dog...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nobody sells out the early rounds of the champions league, just look at how man utd season ticket holders are forced to buy league cup tickets, i know what crowds chelsea got in the 80s and 90s , ive been going since 1968, football didnt start when roman turned up ? i know , but youve got some front posting that as a supporter of a club that couldnt even fill withdean and suddenly gained 20,000 new supporters as soon as the rich benefactor provided a shiny new stadium , wouldnt you agree ?

View attachment 66622

Excellent. As usual, our site is so brilliant that everyone else's fans want to be on it. But perhaps it means that in future the Chelsea and Palace contingents can have their own exclusive NSC threads where they bore one another instead of us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think that's great, you can't (and shouldn't) stop supporting Chelsea, but you've been decent enough to bring your kids along to the Amex. Can't understand the bitching at what you've done.

As for the new Chelsea stadium, good luck to them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
ive got season tickets in the east lower for me and both my kids, i go to pretty much every home game.

Good on you, I work with a Arsenal fan who was a season ticket holder at the emirates but now has ST's for both him and his son at the Amex ... His son is also now part of the Academy at lancing playing for the youth and he loves it

theboybilly

of course our core support is bigger than spurs , as for hating albion? dont be ridiculous, i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in your posts.

That really isn't true (about your core support v Spurs') For that matter I would suggest West Ham would push Chelsea for core support. I remember a few years ago that Chelsea had the second lowest number of season tickets (Evening Standard survey) in the top flight. Only Wimbledon saved the Blues from getting the wooden spoon. If you take attendances when London clubs are in the second-tier as a guide I think you'll find Chelsea's support is very fickle. Take Abramovich out of the equation and you will find a club (allowing for the appeal of the Premier League) playing in front of crowds similar to Southampton. Chelsea won the lottery in 2003 but it could so very easily have been somebody else.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Along with a fine collection of half and half scarfs no doubt. I bet you also own a selfie stick.
A bit insecure about your own status are we ? No doubt you got into football watching fantasy football league and euro 96.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So you should support Wimbledon or Palace then
used to go to wimbledon as a kid when they were in the old southern league premier division, and youll find that stamford bridge is closer to tooting than selhurst park.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That really isn't true (about your core support v Spurs') For that matter I would suggest West Ham would push Chelsea for core support. I remember a few years ago that Chelsea had the second lowest number of season tickets (Evening Standard survey) in the top flight. Only Wimbledon saved the Blues from getting the wooden spoon. If you take attendances when London clubs are in the second-tier as a guide I think you'll find Chelsea's support is very fickle. Take Abramovich out of the equation and you will find a club (allowing for the appeal of the Premier League) playing in front of crowds similar to Southampton. Chelsea won the lottery in 2003 but it could so very easily have been somebody else.
you can suggest all you want, it wont make you right.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So this idiot has come out as a Chelsea plastic! It's bad enough having that two team Sussex idiot Kinky Gerbils on here.
Come out ?? ive never hidden the fact im chelsea , and tell me why im 'plastic' ? as soon as i hear people like you hurl the 'plastic' accusation it leaves me in no doubt youre another euro 96 'footy' fan, you utter, utter drip.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good luck to Chelsea, says I. The more radical architecture the better IMHO, especially in something so potentially dreary as a football stadium. Then again, I'm still bitter about B&H council muppets turning down the chance of a Frank Gehry landmark development on the seafront. Sake!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here