Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"It's beyond beauty or ugliness" - Chelsea's new Stadium

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Guess this idea is down the pan. Pity, thought it was a good idea.

chelseastadium.jpg

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Every league game is sold out, suggest you check your info before posting rubbish.

Suggest you check the adverts in the Standard for the CL games. Struggle to sell those big time, sure they sell out in the PL they are the Champions. I suggest you look at what crowds they got in the 80's and 90's to see what they got when they were crap. Football didn't start when Roman turned up...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Suggest you check the adverts in the Standard for the CL games. Struggle to sell those big time, sure they sell out in the PL they are the Champions. I suggest you look at what crowds they got in the 80's and 90's to see what they got when they were crap. Football didn't start when Tony turned up...

It is an open goal.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It is an open goal.

It's not though Stat. We've been crap pretty much throughout our history, we have also played in various shocking stadiums and our crowds have held up, apart from when we were truly awful or outside influences drove crowds down. We are about where we have always been in terms of support.

I'm not saying Chelsea aren't a big club that would be stupid, just that they are not Arsenal, Man Utd or even Spurs in terms of the size of the support. They are a huge bandwagon club, massive when they are going well but capable of some dire crowds too. Time will tell and to be honest I don't really give a toss but 60k week in week out?

Not sure myself if the success stops...

theboybilly

Suggest you check the adverts in the Standard for the CL games. Struggle to sell those big time, sure they sell out in the PL they are the Champions. I suggest you look at what crowds they got in the 80's and 90's to see what they got when they were crap. Football didn't start when Roman turned up...

Interesting this as I know dozens of Chelsea fans. Not one is a semi-regular let alone a STH (but they always seem to get a ticket for the United game)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nobody sells out the early rounds of the champions league, just look at how man utd season ticket holders are forced to buy league cup tickets, i know what crowds chelsea got in the 80s and 90s , ive been going since 1968, football didnt start when roman turned up ? i know , but youve got some front posting that as a supporter of a club that couldnt even fill withdean and suddenly gained 20,000 new supporters as soon as the rich benefactor provided a shiny new stadium , wouldnt you agree ?

10489713_10152325365010369_7401257592809346377_n.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Interesting this as I know dozens of Chelsea fans. Not one is a semi-regular let alone a STH (but they always seem to get a ticket for the United game)
i am, ive also got 3 for brighton as well.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nobody sells out the early rounds of the champions league, just look at how man utd season ticket holders are forced to buy league cup tickets, i know what crowds chelsea got in the 80s and 90s , ive been going since 1968, football didnt start when roman turned up ? i know , but youve got some front posting that as a supporter of a club that couldnt even fill withdean and suddenly gained 20,000 new supporters as soon as the rich benefactor provided a shiny new stadium , wouldnt you agree ?

View attachment 66622

No I wouldn't. Oh and I think you are lost mate. This is a site for brighton fans, not seat chucking loons. Nice flag lol

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's not though Stat. We've been crap pretty much throughout our history, we have also played in various shocking stadiums and our crowds have held up, apart from when we were truly awful or outside influences drove crowds down. We are about where we have always been in terms of support.

I'm not saying Chelsea aren't a big club that would be stupid, just that they are not Arsenal, Man Utd or even Spurs in terms of the size of the support. They are a huge bandwagon club, massive when they are going well but capable of some dire crowds too. Time will tell and to be honest I don't really give a toss but 60k week in week out?

Not sure myself if the success stops...
not as big as spurs ? one word.......bollocks , and your crowds have held up ?hahahahaha you couldnt even fill withdean.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No I wouldn't. Oh and I think you are lost mate. This is a site for brighton fans, not seat chucking loons. Nice flag lol
i know it is , ive got 3 season tickets ., and you'd have a lot smaller crowds if it wasnt for the likes of people like me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looks like it was built in the fifties

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
God I hope they build that, another reason to sneer at Chelsea.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Looks like a prison - which would be perfect for most of their fans, they'll feel right at home.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

View attachment 66622
Wrong thread weirdo

Another racist plumber from Sutton #TheChelse

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Are there no other pics of the redevelopment apart from those of the brick exterior that came out a week ago?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I quite like it. Without being able to see how it interacts with the immediate surrounding I think (from what i can see) that it is a good alternative to modern stadia that echos some traditional architecture of London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here