iPhone 4 v HTC desire

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[yt]GHO9A9Zf5g8[/yt]

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Looks good compared to most 'new' deals that I saw when I looked. As a long term Orange customer I managed to batter them down to £20 a month for 400 minutes, 300 texts, unlimited landline calls and 500MB internet on a 24 month contract with a free phone.

If i were you i would try and get at least 1GB or unlimited internet as smartphones drain down your data useage very quickly without you knowing ie through the various apps and widgets such as facebook. I have 500mb on my current deal with a sony eric and i tend to get theough the data useage with 1-2weeks. Unless your not into social networking in which case this info is useless :blush:

I've got the 'unlimited' internet with Orange, which has a 500MB 'fair usage' policy. I also downloaded an app to monitor it (I'd recommend it, called 3G Watchdog), and I'm not using anywhere near my quota. I'm not much of a social networker and it spends most of the time (i.e. at home or at work) on the wireless network instead of using 3G anyway.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hard to see the benefits of the iPhone over the HTC Desire and HD version. I have the non HD Desire and it is one hell of a good piece of kit.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hard to see the benefits of the iPhone over the HTC Desire and HD version. I have the non HD Desire and it is one hell of a good piece of kit.

Me too. Just wish the battery lasted a little longer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have had the HTC desire hd for a few weeks now, love it !! Was given the option of an I Phone 4 but chose the HTC

I'd be somewhat surprised if you were offered them both at the same price. The iPhone 4 still goes for a premium, and rightly so.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Do what I did mate, bought two batteries and one of them chargers where you put the phone in the front and charge the second battery behind it.

Love my non-HD desire, but agree with the battery life. I tend to leave mine recharging all day by default at work. Only recharge at home when it needs it.

Same package, but would of had to pay £46 for phone, Desire HD was free

Out of interest what operator was that and when? The current cheapest published deal for an iPhone 4 costs the phone at £189, this is with Three.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
A few days ago I ordered an iPhone 4 from 3. Phone was free and I'm paying 40 beans a month. I've got more minutes, texts and internet usage than I'll ever use, but for the package that is more suited to my usage, they wanted 150 quid for the phone.

I've seen the same deal advertised for £45 a month, but as I am an existing customer and was grumpy with them, I got what I think is a good deal.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just got the Sony Xperia X10. Fantastic but baffling. T Mobile strongly advised against the i phone, although I could have had any upgrade in the shop.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I get two days worth out of my Desire (standard not HD), thats web browsing/facebook/gaming/texts and a few calls both days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here