iPhone 4 v HTC desire

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Had the HTC desire for about a month now. Very pleased with it. I'm posting this reply with it now

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If you are already an iphone user and you like what you have at the iPhone 3G level then you will be absolutely blown away by the iPhone 4, its unbelievably faster loading apps etc and the camera is way better and it does HD video and the screen is absolutely awesome. And you can then still use all your old accessories and still have all the apps you have paid for etc.....

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
if your wanting to SMASH your way into the smart phone market the new Desire HD is rumoured to be getting released next month

HTC Desire set for HD upgrade in October - Telegraph

now thats gonna be a very nice phone !!!

I was talking to a rep from HTC last week and this new phone will be AMAZING. It will have the same body as the Touch HD2 but will be seriously more powerful. They 'accidently' leaked it onto Amazon as well.

Just in time for my upgrade - cannot wait

:clap2:

I upgraded to a Desire from a fairly dated ,and badly behaved, Nokia last week. Seems quite god so far, but it's way over my head in terms of functionality/technology; and I'm sure i've merely scratched the surface of it's capabilities.

Seems pretty user friendly, and is certainly cheaper on contract than Iphone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
htc-wildfire.jpg

Got a HTC Wildfire recently, very happy with it.

The current weather in front of the clock is a bit superflous though. I can look out of a window for christs sake.
(but I do like the little windscreen wipers when its raining :blush: )

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
HTC definitely has its fans, but I would go with try both the iPhone and HTC. Everyone wants different things. Personally had the iPhone 4 for few weeks now and think its superb (no dropped calls and not had the widely blown out of proportion signal problems). Mainly got it because wanted a new iPod and needed new phone so made sense.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Don't forget the Nokia N8 which comes out soon, although it's still on Symbian.

"he Nokia N8 introduces a 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and Xenon flash, HD-quality video recording, film editing software and Dolby surround sound. All in a beautiful, aluminium design."

n8-1.png

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
htc-wildfire.jpg

Got a HTC Wildfire recently, very happy with it.

The current weather in front of the clock is a bit superflous though. I can look out of a window for christs sake.
(but I do like the little windscreen wipers when its raining :blush: )

We were discusing this earlier in the office - we want to see what happens when it snows.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've got a Desire and I love it thought the battery could be better. I've had a good play with the iPhone and I've got an iPod touch and I much prefer the Desire. Lightning quick and really easy to use.

Had mine nearly a month. Love it.

You can download an app called Open Advanced Task killer to kill off tasks you no longer need to preserve the battery. I found I had loads open without even realising it.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I've got a Desire and I love it thought the battery could be better. I've had a good play with the iPhone and I've got an iPod touch and I much prefer the Desire. Lightning quick and really easy to use.

I picked up a Wildfire yesterday, and I'm charging it for the THIRD time already, apart from that - loving it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I picked up a Wildfire yesterday, and I'm charging it for the THIRD time already, apart from that - loving it

Yes, mine generally needs a charge a day.
But you can cut down on its "idle" battery use by turning off the GPS / location stuff, and also turn off the auto-refresh stuff for the Friends and Twitter streams - just manually update them when you go to them, is what I do.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Good shout.
Wonder if it does thunder and lightning as well. It could vibrate and EVERYTHING.

Just ran the demo on my Legend...

It does lighting..doesnt vibrate..
Snow..you get a build up of snow around our screen..and snow crystals dropping

Windy..you get maple leaves blowing across screen..

:wink:

also noticed when trying to do everything on the first day like you do, i swear it came up with something like..youre trying to do too much, dont be an ass..

Has attitude haha

Flumpyj

Mar 3, 2009
Had a HTC Desire on Orange for about 2 months now and loving it.I have found that the battery life is getting better all the time,got a nice widget that tells how much on the bat is left.Wouldn`t be without it now.:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports