Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Introduce a Personal Favourite Album of Yours

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My Life in the Bush of Ghosts - David Byrne and Brian Eno - absolutely stunning album from 1981, probably introduced sampling into mainstream music (yes I know there are bits and pieces of sampling on dark Side of the Moon)

As Eno said when asked if he had invented sampling:

No, there was already a history of it. People such as Holger Czukay had made experiments using IBM Dictaphones and short-wave radios and so on. The difference was, I suppose, that I decided to make it the lead vocal on the album

You have a Jezebel Spirit Within You......

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Lovers of Jazzy Funk might like this

Menahan Street Band - Make The Road By Walking. This is the bonus track from it. Absolutely superb stuff.

Liking that, thanks :thumbsup:

Two albums immediately spring to mind for me, without thinking too hard.

Bobby Hughes Experience - Fusa Riot.

Absolutely solid album that just thrills me the whole way through.

[yt]uFicvHvqBbU[/yt]

Fridge - Happiness.

Probably the best proper electronica album I've heard. I discovered Fridge from Radio 3's, now defunct, Mixing It programme. Keiran Hebdan was part of Fridge before he went off and became Fourtet, and look how influencial he's proved to be. This album needs unearthing and exposing to an audience that's clearly thirsty for such things.

[yt]6Issj3ji-2E[/yt]

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
a6ysevyb.jpg

German band, from Berlin. Released in 1989 and one of my all-time favourites

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
All of the three albums by McClusky were sadly overlooked, but going for the middle one McClusky Do Dallas. The band no longer exist but were often described as a Welsh Pixies. ( Which was a compliment to The Pixies) My regret is I never saw them live but making up for it by seeing spin off group Future Of The Left as often as possible. I would like to post a link to the song Gareth Brown Says but it may see this thread being 'removed' due to its inclusion of the C word. I recommend it for a listen though. For now here is this...to hell with good intentions

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Funny, been humming a tune of this all day, can't recall its name it has the line " how can anyone know me when I don't even know myself..."

'Giant'

I'm scared of God and scared of hell
And I'm caving in upon myself
How can anyone know me when I don't even know myself?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll offer The Fuzztones - Lysergic Emanations. It's sort of, err, I dunno, groovy
[yt]mghnY9oCGZk[/yt]
[yt]3k5ZerXC3aM[/yt]
[yt]RzX6BKaTSWI[/yt]
[yt]XChvtYn4yJI[/yt]
[yt]zgMxNKHym1U[/yt]

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Arnold - Hillside, late 90's sold **** all. I still come back to this album , very English echoes of psychedlia and prog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here