Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] In Chelsea this is what £12 M + buys you - House

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Well done for using Google, crowbarring in your high rolling estate agent friend and finishing off with some obvious and tedious snobbery and sexism.

Just the subtle racism and the Duran Duran reference to go........

Not sure how it’s snobbery to say living in SW3 is more prestigious than cobham , that’s a fact not my opinion . It’s also more likely a woman especially one likely to have a decent budget would like living near designer shops than a man . How is that sexist , it’s just a fact . It doesn’t put women down . There’s a reason far more designer shops are aimed at women it’s because they spend more money , suddenly that’s my fault !

How does subtle racism have anything to do with it ! I do like Duran Duran yes . Is that bad too .

To answer the question about seaford , I was surprised because the restaurant doesn’t look much from the outside . Not sure why I have to justify having opinions though .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

is a legend, loved by thousands

rachel.jpeg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think that’s a photo illusion, but I agree looks odd . I’m not trying to justify the super high prices in Chelsea , I think they are insane I was simply trying to highlight how even with a massive salary , property prices there are nuts . I’ve obviously upset a moderator though …

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To answer the question about seaford , I was surprised because the restaurant doesn’t look much from the outside . Not sure why I have to justify having opinions though .

Because you added this on a thread that someone wanted recommended cafes in Seaford.
I asked you a simple question (on that thread) because I was interested, no need to get all smart.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It did have nice food but didn’t have much restaurant kerb appeal . I’m not trying to be smart .

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
For just under £15 million so a year and a 3 months salary for Graham . I think he will be very surprised at how little you get for your money there in SW3 . It’s a good size terraced house , well done out, smallish garden but it’s not a massive detached house with s big garden and parking for 8 cars . It’s not even huge at under 5000 sq feet , there are bigger houses in Dyke rd Avenue . Even in central Hove the same house would be around £2.5 - 3 M for that size and quality.

Plenty of flats around the £12 million price though . On the plus side SW3 is one of the nicest parts of London to live in , certainly in the top 5 areas .

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/114172499

He hardly needs to live on the door step does he and dont they train in Surrey anyway

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For just under £15 million so a year and a 3 months salary for Graham . I think he will be very surprised at how little you get for your money there in SW3 . It’s a good size terraced house , well done out, smallish garden but it’s not a massive detached house with s big garden and parking for 8 cars . It’s not even huge at under 5000 sq feet , there are bigger houses in Dyke rd Avenue . Even in central Hove the same house would be around £2.5 - 3 M for that size and quality.

Plenty of flats around the £12 million price though . On the plus side SW3 is one of the nicest parts of London to live in , certainly in the top 5 areas .

Thank you Sarah Beeney. There is no way GP could afford a £15m house with 1 year and 3 months salary. For starters you seem to have forgotten he'll lose over 50% in tax. So on the assumption he actually is getting £10m a year, it would take him over 3 years salary to pay for it. And that doesn't take into account stamp duty or indeed bills. Maybe he'll want his family to eat dust to help. And his kids no longer going to private school. Regardless, he'll probably stay in Hove as his young family are settled here and he'll probably buy a modest flat in Cobham. As for his wife wanting SW3 - not everyone is like you Yanks where image and the projection of having wealth is oh so important.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I can’t help but thinking that we’re it not for the internet Live by the Sea would be sat in a piss stained chair talking to himself.

Sorry if I’ve misjudged!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank you Sarah Beeney. There is no way GP could afford a £15m house with 1 year and 3 months salary. For starters you seem to have forgotten he'll lose over 50% in tax. So on the assumption he actually is getting £10m a year, it would take him over 3 years salary to pay for it. And that doesn't take into account stamp duty or indeed bills. Maybe he'll want his family to eat dust to help. And his kids no longer going to private school. Regardless, he'll probably stay in Hove as his young family are settled here and he'll probably buy a modest flat in Cobham. As for his wife wanting SW3 - not everyone is like you Yanks where image and the projection of having wealth is oh so important.

Yeah, I think that's about covered it off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is this the old 'they must move to the location of the ground' type thread similar to 'he won't like living in Burnley' type thing?

That said he has two options, he can stay where he is and commute (he could afford a driver). That would save money and, as I believe he lives near PB, would be rubbing his nose in it (or the opposite if Chelsea slide and we carry on).

Failing that, I'd move to St George's Hill Estate in Weybridge.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/St-Georges-Hill.html

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Again you seem very confused by London geography. When did you did last visit ? The last coronation ?

London to you appears to consist of Chelsea, Belgravia and Hampstead Heath.

Why on earth would you waste your money on a property in Chelsea when you could you buy a huge pile elsewhere and get picked up by a staff car ?

Potter can buy mine if he wants. It's the perfect location for both the ground and the training ground.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You again seem mildly confused by London geography. Why on earth would you waste your money on a property in Chelsea when you could you buy a huge pile elsewhere and get picked up by a staff car.
I mean you could argue why would anyone buy in Chelsea.

It's still one of the most desirable places in London.

People want to be in the action.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here