Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important advice needed

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Get their gear into black bin liners and hoof it into the street. Voila, eviction. If they get arsey, then explain that legally they are not allowed to remain in the property owing to the rental agreement. Tell them to find somewhere else. And get the keys back.
Spot on, or alternatively keep the landlord well informed, act like your really worried for your safety, flutter some eyelids and the landlord might change the locks for you, problem solved!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah. We just got a message one day saying 'oh is it okay if...lives with us?' We didn't even reply and it went ahead.

Sorry, but so what?

Can you see a common thread emerging here?

To recap, you're clearly unhappy with the arrangement, but since you've given us more information, it's evident you're under a delusion that only slinging him out will resolve the issue, and that not offending this piss-taking girlfriend appears to be more important.

It also sounds like your safety is at issue and you're prepared to compromise it for the sake of... what, precisely?

Unless there is a radical shift in their considerations (unlikely, it seems), I can't see any other option than to sling them out.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Sorry, but so what?

Can you see a common thread emerging here?

To recap, you're clearly unhappy with the arrangement, but since you've given us more information, it's evident you're under a delusion that only slinging him out will resolve the issue, and that not offending this piss-taking girlfriend appears to be more important.

It also sounds like your safety is at issue and you're prepared to compromise it for the sake of... what, precisely?

Unless there is a radical shift in their considerations (unlikely, it seems), I can't see any other option than to sling them out.

Thinking about it there is quite a simple way to get rid of them. One of my mates wants to get out of her tenancy and we want to get rid of this girl.
So technically it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Just get them both out, or move out yourselves. Either way, you have now learnt that flat sharing is a minefield that never seems to work well. If you posted a photo I am sure that there would be someone here who could offer you a room and a "fair rent".

Where is 1066 these days? ;-)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sorted!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I take it the actual rent payments are up to date and you get on well with your land lord.

If so explain to the land lord about your predicament and ask them to make a spontaneous visit to the address.

They can say they’ve been tipped off by a nosey neighbour. If the land lord is reasonable they can explain that he / she is not licensed or insured for 4 persons within the premises and that the male must leave.

From what you say I doubt that your so called friend could afford accommodation on her own and her boyfriend is as unlikely to put his hand in his pocket to live anywhere else as he is there.

Yes the atmosphere may be frosty for a bit but you should get the desired result without looking to much of a villain yourself.

Legally you don’t really have a leg to stand on but morally you are in the right but morals don’t pay cash.

Accept that you have been had over and get him out by these means and learn from the lesson in life.

Dennis professional legal advisor but this advice for you is free.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Just get them both out, or move out yourselves. Either way, you have now learnt that flat sharing is a minefield that never seems to work well. If you posted a photo I am sure that there would be someone here who could offer you a room and a "fair rent".

Where is 1066 these days? ;-)

well unless any of them live in colchester, that may not work, :p

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He needs to go, and as mentioned above, the atmosphere will be 'frosty' if she stays.

So get off the internet, fill up those Bin bags and put them outside the front door. You will then be laughing about this by tomorrow night and will have learnt a lesson which will serve you well in the future. Go do it :thumbsup:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
I take it the actual rent payments are up to date and you get on well with your land lord.

If so explain to the land lord about your predicament and ask them to make a spontaneous visit to the address.

They can say they’ve been tipped off by a nosey neighbour. If the land lord is reasonable they can explain that he / she is not licensed or insured for 4 persons within the premises and that the male must leave.

From what you say I doubt that your so called friend could afford accommodation on her own and her boyfriend is as unlikely to put his hand in his pocket to live anywhere else as he is there.

Yes the atmosphere may be frosty for a bit but you should get the desired result without looking to much of a villain yourself.

Legally you don’t really have a leg to stand on but morally you are in the right but morals don’t pay cash.

Accept that you have been had over and get him out by these means and learn from the lesson in life.

Dennis professional legal advisor but this advice for you is free.

I was considering the tip off to the landlord actually. Atm I'm thinking it will probably be the most likely and viable option.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hey I didn't want to live here. It just so happened that my uni is good for my course.
and besides, he's not from Colchester, he's from Bognor.

Maybe he reads NSC and will get the message :lolol:

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
If you could arrange for the landlord to arrive when matey is in bed or in the bath etc, he really have something to answer for. Or probably better still have the landlord witness matey letting himself into the premises with a key and that should be enough for the landlord to make an allegation there and then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here