Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important advice needed

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
"A spider infested hovel with 3 other girls" - what's wrong - you scared of spiders?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
By the way, what was the first name of the 'freeloader'?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
why do you wish to know?

I'm mindful of the fact that this bloke has had no opportunity to present his side of things on this thread, his Facebook postings have been deemed by you to be too insubstantial to paste here, and he's just labelled as 'freeloader.' Can you see how one-sided it looks? Some people have found this quite fishy.

At least tell us his name. Or at least give us some background on how he sees himself. :smile:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Perhaps BL09 is starting to wonder why the freeloader was nowhere to be seen while she was online getting the third degree from g.rapper...

Shirley they're not one and the same?

Or are they? :wink:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know what you're talking about. An old man is bullying a young girl. The rest is just waffle. If that doesn't bother you then there is something seriously wrong mate.

bully? befriend?(LE2)

Shes old enough to marry, have kids and do anything else an adult can, oh and its the internet:dunce:. At least my sexism is up front and not in a underhand patronising way. Boy are you 2 desperate for a shag or what?

BTW
Have you done that washing up yet bitch?:tantrum:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
I'm mindful of the fact that this bloke has had no opportunity to present his side of things on this thread, his Facebook postings have been deemed by you to be too insubstantial to paste here, and he's just labelled as 'freeloader.' Can you see how one-sided it looks? Some people have found this quite fishy.

At least tell us his name. Or at least give us some background on how he sees himself. :smile:

His name is Ben
He had a job before he moved to essex. He packed it all in, told his landlady he was moving out in a couple of days and moved up to essex without any provisions. He claims to be a cullenary genius (all I've ever seen him make is Maceroni cheese, and heat a pizza in the oven), he's also apparently very intelligent, but didn't do well in his exams.
He looked for a job for about 2 - 3 weeks, then spent the rest of the time sitting in the room next to me watching DVD's, with me having to deal with his girlfriend coming in and having a screaming match with him for not actually going out and finding a job. Oh they were joyful. :facepalm:

and the recent facebook statuses since he moved out include:

'really misses ___. If anyone can put me up for the night, that would be amazing!'
'is homeless till the 19th. If anyone needs me then you can reach me on ___'
'her housemates don't want me here anymore and my job hunting and flat finding didnt go as planned.'

Oh there are also posts where he's asking his sister if he can move in with her, to which she replies only for 2 weeks. He also claims he can't go back to his parents, as they live in a smaller house...

Yeah, he's still making our lives miserable even though he doesn't actually live here anymore. Maybe it would have been better to just let him stay till the end of term :US:

If you want to double check all this I could give you his full name? Dunno if his profile is set to private though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
His name is Ben
He had a job before he moved to essex. He packed it all in, told his landlady he was moving out in a couple of days and moved up to essex without any provisions. He claims to be a cullenary genius (all I've ever seen him make is Maceroni cheese, and heat a pizza in the oven), he's also apparently very intelligent, but didn't do well in his exams.
He looked for a job for about 2 - 3 weeks, then spent the rest of the time sitting in the room next to me watching DVD's, with me having to deal with his girlfriend coming in and having a screaming match with him for not actually going out and finding a job. Oh they were joyful. :facepalm:

and the recent facebook statuses since he moved out include:

'really misses ___. If anyone can put me up for the night, that would be amazing!'
'is homeless till the 19th. If anyone needs me then you can reach me on ___'
'her housemates don't want me here anymore and my job hunting and flat finding didnt go as planned.'

Oh there are also posts where he's asking his sister if he can move in with her, to which she replies only for 2 weeks. He also claims he can't go back to his parents, as they live in a smaller house...

Yeah, he's still making our lives miserable even though he doesn't actually live here anymore. Maybe it would have been better to just let him stay till the end of term :US:

If you want to double check all this I could give you his full name? Dunno if his profile is set to private though.

Thanks for all the info. It filled in a lot of gaps and reminded me of lots of things when I was a university student too! I remember some friends of friends who stayed for a substantial time and never outstayed their welcome and others that stayed for less time and did.

One thing about Ben is that it sounds like he gives up too easily. Has no resilience. It was in your interest that he did find a job - for his own self-esteem and ability to support himself. I'd be interested in what support you provided for him to stay motivated about finding a job when he was getting rejections.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Thanks for all the info. It filled in a lot of gaps and reminded me of lots of things when I was a university student too! I remember some friends of friends who stayed for a substantial time and never outstayed their welcome and others that stayed for less time and did.

One thing about Ben is that it sounds like he gives up too easily. Has no resilience. It was in your interest that he did find a job - for his own self-esteem and ability to support himself. I'd be interested in what support you provided for him to stay motivated about finding a job when he was getting rejections.

We gave him hints and tips on where to go. Told him to have a look on uni as they usually have a good number of jobs they could help him with.

When there didn't seem to be any jobs he wanted we suggested he widen his search area, maybe look for a temporary shop job or something until he could find something more permanent. At least that way he could also contribute.

He went on unemployment benefits soon after, and that was it. He didn't seem to even bother looking, even though we were trying to keep his spirits up and giving him pointers of where to look for jobs. Got a bit stressful in the end as we had to contend with a vast number of essays, so we just...kinda gave up in the last couple of weeks he was here, as even our motivation to continuing trying to keep his motivation up was low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here