Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important advice needed

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's not really him that owes you the money, it's the third girl who invited him in the first place.
Presumably you divide the living costs rent etc. into three if there were four people living there for a time it should be divided by four. If you had a verbal agreement that he would chip in, then there's the amount he owes the pot of money.
A Small Claim needs an address at which to serve the claim at, and I guess as he's been staying in your house he hasn't got an address, so a small claim fails at the first hurdle.
The main weapon of a Small Claim is the threat of a CCJ that is linked to a name and address.
Best to put moral pressure on both of them to come up with the share.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Like most freeloading blokes he will take as many liberties as you allow.

I think it is his girlfriend's responsibility to add additional funds to the house. If she wont, tell her she's taking the piss and fling her out.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
We know that but seriously you should just tell him and the girl to leave.

If we tell the girl to leave than we probably won't be able to find another person to replace her and to pay the money.
We've told him to leave, but he won't. He keeps claiming he can't afford to, and he will move when it comes to xmas.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If we tell the girl to leave than we probably won't be able to find another person to replace her and to pay the money.

Oh, Jimmy Hill...

We've told him to leave, but he won't. He keeps claiming he can't afford to, and he will move when it comes to xmas.

Tough shit. That's his problem, and you're letting him make it yours.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Why not just tell the landlord to threw him out then or will it offend your friend ?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Technically you are all in breach of your tenancy agreement as you have allowed someone else to live at the property. If you take money off him, then you could be considered to have "sub-let" the property. Again, not good. The landlord could consider him to be an additional tenant and therefore responsible for rent directly to him. I suggest you kick him out, kick your mate out for being a retard, and work out exactly what you are expecting from a shared occupancy. This is what life is like, and eventually you learn from it. There is no legal avenue for you, but if you really want to gain revenge, wait until he is asleep then use a hammer on his kneecaps. Won't get the money back, but could give you a sense of payback.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
To be honest I wouldn't even worry about the money.

Just use your energy to get your selfish friend and her equally selfish boyfriend out of the property, the Landlord may be able to assist.

She is no friend of yours.

She's the one we didn't actually agree to live with. She had her own house to move into before she fell out with them so she decided to move in with us.
2 out of the 3 of us didn't have a choice in the matter.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

I gather you must be students, and this is all part of the growing up process. Grow some metaphorical balls.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Get their gear into black bin liners and hoof it into the street. Voila, eviction. If they get arsey, then explain that legally they are not allowed to remain in the property owing to the rental agreement. Tell them to find somewhere else. And get the keys back.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
We had a go at him for keeping us up all night via cooking, coming in drunk, and for leaving the door open, and she became offended by that. So I think throwing him out will offend her also.

Oh FFS

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Technically you are all in breach of your tenancy agreement as you have allowed someone else to live at the property. If you take money off him, then you could be considered to have "sub-let" the property. Again, not good. The landlord could consider him to be an additional tenant and therefore responsible for rent directly to him. I suggest you kick him out, kick your mate out for being a retard, and work out exactly what you are expecting from a shared occupancy. This is what life is like, and eventually you learn from it. There is no legal avenue for you, but if you really want to gain revenge, wait until he is asleep then use a hammer on his kneecaps. Won't get the money back, but could give you a sense of payback.

Ah yeah, I didn't even think of the fact we'd be sub-letting. That's a good point.
Mortally wounding somebody wouldn't really help the situation, it may make us feel better though

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
We had a go at him for keeping us up all night via cooking, coming in drunk, and for leaving the door open, and she became offended by that. So I think throwing him out will offend her also.

Why are you bothered about offending her? isn't she offending you? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here