Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm moving to Brighton

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
You'll get a nice 1 bed flat in Central Hove for £900-1000 PCM. Lots of bars/restaurants, fairly quiet beaches, direct trains to London, no real parking permit queues (apart from zone M).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would you not do better and get better value for money by going. to Burgess Hill or Haywards Heath as despite what some may say there are some good areas and bad in both and a number of past and present players and manages have found decent places in both

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Would you not do better and get better value for money by going. to Burgess Hill or Haywards Heath as despite what some may say there are some good areas and bad in both and a number of past and present players and manages have found decent places in both

He wants to live by the coast and have easy access to home after a night out in Brighton. I'm thinking BH and HH are already out of the equation.

Of course one would get a much better place in either of HH and BH for £1k pm, but...

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Good thread, I live in said shit hole and wouldn't mind a move.

The coast would be my ideal place.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You'll get a nice 1 bed flat in Central Hove for £900-1000 PCM. Lots of bars/restaurants, fairly quiet beaches, direct trains to London, no real parking permit queues (apart from zone M).

f***ing hell, you can still get a three bed flat for £1k

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty sure there are long waiting lists for parking permits, so central Brighton/Hove might be a no goer
Normally no waiting list in central Hove (N).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably drive, are the roads not great for driving around that part of the country?

I'm thinking Brighton because i'm still pretty young so want somewhere fairly lively.

My question is because if you want a quick route out of Brighton in the morning you will probably want to live to the west of Dyke Road. This will be much quicker to get onto the a23 than say living over in Kemp Town.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anywhere between Hove Station and Boundary Road, North (up to Dyke Road) or South, along the seafront.
If he wants lively, he'd be better closer to Brighton.

Within the context of living in B&H, what are the priorities:
a) Close to the sea
b) Quick drive to the A23
c) Close to a lively part of town

a and b are somewhat mutually exclusive.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
i am looking for a flat to buy near brighton station and wait for permit is about 1 year so as you have a car i would avoid that!

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Between London Road station, Five Ways, Preston Park. No parking restrictions, easy to get out of town, easy to get into town.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

For that money you'll get a very nice flat in central Hove. I live in Osborne Villas for the reasons you give plus all the shops I need for daily living right on my door step plus plentiful and quick bus routes into town plus a cab rank. The big plus is the beach though and it's been lovely the past few days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here