I'm moving to Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Work position has come up and I'm going to be working in Crawley, don't want to live in that shithole though, and i prefer living near the coast so Brighton seems like the best option.

What locations would people suggest living in? I have a budget of up to £1000p/m.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How will you get to Crawley? Train or drive?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
How will you get to Crawley? Train or drive?

Probably drive, are the roads not great for driving around that part of the country?

I'm thinking Brighton because i'm still pretty young so want somewhere fairly lively.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Probably drive, are the roads not great for driving around that part of the country?

I'm thinking Brighton because i'm still pretty young so want somewhere fairly lively.

What kind of pubs do you like? Are you into the clubbing scene? Do you prefer quite walks of a Sunday afternoon or walking around piles of vomit on a Friday night?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pretty sure there are long waiting lists for parking permits, so central Brighton/Hove might be a no goer, unless you are happy to loiter and snap up one of the precious few spaces for after 6pm parking.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
What kind of pubs do you like? Are you into the clubbing scene? Do you prefer quite walks of a Sunday afternoon or walking around piles of vomit on a Friday night?

I do more bars, rather than pubs, but don't want to live right in that environment, to have it within walking distance or a short taxi away would be fine.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Pretty sure there are long waiting lists for parking permits, so central Brighton/Hove might be a no goer, unless you are happy to loiter and snap up one of the precious few spaces for after 6pm parking.

That is an exceedingly good point. You can check b+h council website for availability of parking permits. Some flats do come with parking or garage - believe it or not

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Preston Park area is your best bet. About 20/25mins walk to the bars in Brighton and no parking permits if you are north of the park. Its also easy to get out of Brighton in the car.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
depends how many bedrooms, flat, house etc? Single, Married, GF? there are many factors but you have made the right choice :)

Last edited:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Shirley, totten, bittern. Any of those is close enough thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports