Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could remove ONE show from TV, what would it be?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Whatever the first reality show was, I presume Big Brother.

I just wish that it had collapsed at the first hurdle and then the endless stream of reality drivel would never have been green lit in the first place.

A bit OT I know but is anyone excited about the X Files making a reappearance?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Any of the "fake" reality dramas... TOWIE, Geordie Shore, the tw@ts from Chelsea, the even more annoying tw@ts from New York, etc.

Everyone appearing in or involved in those programs should be rounded up and shot - no appeal, no exceptions.

Then we can start on all the "reality"/"celebrity" programs... now, I don't believe that these programs should stop completely... the celebs and wannabes should still be shipped off to the house, jungle, ski resort, wherever... just don't send any cameras with them (or, indeed, any means of getting back).

Finally, once "reality TV" has been eliminated completely, we can rid TV of soap operas. What depressing sh1t!

With all the new "holes" in the schedule, we can consolidate some of the channels, get rid of 5, anything with "living" in the name and anything with "network" in the name and bring back the decent, intelligent, well made programs that got cancelled prematurely.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
None, if I don't like a programme I won't watch it...simple!

I was going to post something like this. Clearly SOME people like all of the programs mentioned – or they serve some kind of purpose, or else they wouldn't be on.

However, I did leave the TV on last night after the BBC 1 news and a 'comedy' show about a couple of blokes in a café came on. I'd like to know who watches THAT...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Anything fronted by the odious new breed of 'mockney metrosexuals'. Step forward Tim Lovejoy and Jamie Oliver for starters....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am pretty much in the 'live and let live' camp, but wouldn't miss anything with Nicky Campbell in it if it disappeared.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I was going to post something like this. Clearly SOME people like all of the programs mentioned – or they serve some kind of purpose, or else they wouldn't be on.

However, I did leave the TV on last night after the BBC 1 news and a 'comedy' show about a couple of blokes in a café came on. I'd like to know who watches THAT...

Seems like you did!!!!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Football on ITV.

"So the teams are about to emerge from the tunnel; we'll be back for the kick-off right after this short break"

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Top Gear with the abhorrent Jeremy Clarkson.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seems like you did!!!!

:lol:

You know what I mean. People who actively PLAN to watch it, not realise it's on, then switch it straight off (which is what happened in the Bobkin household). Some bloke came into said café with a sandwich board with stuff about eggs written on it. That was MORE than enough for me!

X-Factor
It's just a TV designed to pull at the heart strings of the lowest common denominator and make Simon Cowell even more rich. It's not even subtle about it. Playing the same sob stories week after week. The same "drama" between the judges. The same "but singing is my LIFE" horse shit.

People have this burning desire to be the pretty face at the end of the production line. That's all they are. They're replaceable cogs in the machine designed to benefit the fat cats at the top. The "winning song" is the jewel at the top of this brown crown made of dog shit. "**** it, feed them the same ballad reworked a little, DON'T FORGET THE KEY CHANGE!".

If you can sing. Use it. Pick up an instrument and start to write songs. If nobody likes them, who cares? Why should you deserve money and fame out of writing songs? If you make people happy enough that they want to buy your music, great. You don't deserve anything just for having a nice voice and a pretty face. I've got a pretty guitar and can play "Sweet Child of Mine". Do I get a prize? Do I bollocks.

People should aspire to be much more. They should aspire to be Freddie Mercury playing his piano on stage at Wembley. They should aspire to be better people and be the masters of their own destiny. Not a puppet with Simon Cowell's hand up your arse.

Great post. X-Factor also my choice. Would write a reason why, but the above sums it up well!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Another vote for the One Show, especially since that Ginger **** started getting his repulsive mug back on TV.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Count Arthur Strong is a legend. To be fair it was better on radio, but I watch the tv show as the radio show is not on at the moment, and thoroughly enjoy it.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Quite right that you can simply change channel but if I was forced to watch any of Mrs Brown's Boys, Top Gear or Deal Or No Deal I might lose my customary cool.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Another vote for the One Show, especially since that Ginger **** started getting his repulsive mug back on TV.....

I actually find him less annoying than Matt Baker, who always seems to be giggling and on the edge of hysteria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here