Apr 12, 2011
London

206_stars.jpg

this is capitalism - we are all commodities

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can I just ask, how can the club do more to make you feel like they 'care about the fans'? Once attendances hit a level like ours, can you realistically expect anything more than the club to try and be as efficient as possible at making sure everyone is served?

By all means feel that they should be serving people quicker but I'm not really sure what you can realistically be expecting them to do to when there are so many people there

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
1st time ive ever left early mate

Surely it would had to have been something reallllyyy bad to make you want to leave so early for the first time in 40-odd years? Football is a business now, there's no escaping it. You know all the clubs in administration atm (Vale, Rangers, Pompey...) - just goes to show how fickle the game is. Stewards are usually only pillocks if they get provoked, and as for the catering, just save yourself the money and pop into a pub before the game. Remember, the Amex has only been our home for 7 months, there's still going to be creases to iron out well into next season.

Don't be disheartened mate, but, if there really is no convincing you...can I have your season ticket??

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Arrived in East Stand foyer around 14:30, hardly had to queue at all for my steak pie and soft drink (which at £5 I didn't think was a bad price), and the pie was nice.

We were that at almost exactly the same time then. I got there about 2:30, walked straight up to the "eCash or Amex Card only" till, got my chicken and ham pie and bottle of water for £5 from a very pleasant young lady and then went off and sat down to eat my pie and then read some of the programme. I only read Gus' comments though, as the other season ticket holders around me arrived and we had a conversation about the Cardiff game, the season ticket prices for next season, the subsidised travel (the bad men next to me have been abusing the current system! Oh, the horror!) and what a lovely day it was. Fan zone came on, we all boogied on down for a bit, I encouraged them to join in with the words to Sussex By The Sea (the old dear who sits on my left thoroughly enjoyed the sing-a-long), and then game kicked off and all was very good. I enjoyed the match today more than I've enjoyed a match since the Burnley game. Brilliant atmosphere, the Portsmouth fans sounded good on occaison, and the game was very watchable. The only downside was an impatient, angry swine in the row behind me who was furious about everything. Other than that, it was fantastic.

I then thought I'd go off and see my mum in Bevendean, I thought a quick stroll up Falmer Road (What a sight...);
Amex.jpg
I then missed the path I needed to take, and ended up in Woodingdean and had to walk all the way around to Jacobs Ladder. So I stopped off in Uncle Sams, got a bottle of drink from a crap newsagents nearby (not going there again), and then headed off along Warren Road, and Jacobs Ladder. My cat was in a good mood and was friendly, my mum was happy enough and had a bus ticket so I didn't have to walk home.

Really, really enjoyed it today. Sorry you didn't have the same experience.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
1st game with my grandad in 1966 chum.
i wasnt flouncing over the catering alone...its how the club in general seem to view us.
we are mere commodities now.
money, money money.
sign of the times i guess.
football will fuckin eat itself.
no one cares about the fans anymore...all about profit.
AMEX = cash cow
Is this the start of the first "bring back Priestfield for real football and honest cloggers" campaign.

You're a punter like all the rest. Get real.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Surely it would had to have been something reallllyyy bad to make you want to leave so early for the first time in 40-odd years? Football is a business now, there's no escaping it. You know all the clubs in administration atm (Vale, Rangers, Pompey...) - just goes to show how fickle the game is. Stewards are usually only pillocks if they get provoked, and as for the catering, just save yourself the money and pop into a pub before the game. Remember, the Amex has only been our home for 7 months, there's still going to be creases to iron out well into next season.

Don't be disheartened mate, but, if there really is no convincing you...can I have your season ticket??
:lolol:
just a matter of principle mate.
i understand football has changed, it WASNT just the catering, it WASNT just the stewards. something happened that i wasnt happy with, i got my arse in my hand...threw the toys out the pram and made a staement.
just an accumulation is all .
i'll get over it

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We were that at almost exactly the same time then. I got there about 2:30, walked straight up to the "eCash or Amex Card only" till, got my chicken and ham pie and bottle of water for £5 from a very pleasant young lady and then went off and sat down to eat my pie and then read some of the programme. I only read Gus' comments though, as the other season ticket holders around me arrived and we had a conversation about the Cardiff game, the season ticket prices for next season, the subsidised travel (the bad men next to me have been abusing the current system! Oh, the horror!) and what a lovely day it was. Fan zone came on, we all boogied on down for a bit, I encouraged them to join in with the words to Sussex By The Sea (the old dear who sits on my left thoroughly enjoyed the sing-a-long), and then game kicked off and all was very good. I enjoyed the match today more than I've enjoyed a match since the Burnley game. Brilliant atmosphere, the Portsmouth fans sounded good on occaison, and the game was very watchable. The only downside was an impatient, angry swine in the row behind me who was furious about everything. Other than that, it was fantastic.

I then thought I'd go off and see my mum in Bevendean, I thought a quick stroll up Falmer Road (What a sight...);
View attachment 30839
I then missed the path I needed to take, and ended up in Woodingdean and had to walk all the way around to Jacobs Ladder. So I stopped off in Uncle Sams, got a bottle of drink from a crap newsagents nearby (not going there again), and then headed off along Warren Road, and Jacobs Ladder. My cat was in a good mood and was friendly, my mum was happy enough and had a bus ticket so I didn't have to walk home.

Really, really enjoyed it today. Sorry you didn't have the same experience.

You could make a film with that

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
odd thread. only one thing matters at a footy match, and today it was that one of the best players ever to wear the stripes came on to win a match that puts us 5th. having said that, my pie was ok - could have done with a touch more seasoning

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I feel everything is good value for money at the moment and you have to put it into perspective compared to Withdean when they sold overpriced hot dogs, jobsworth stewards in H block and always at the mercy of the weather.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can only say if a man mountain and guinness drinking god like Mohammed is not happy it must be for a good reason.

Last edited:

Vega

Jul 23, 2011
Brighton
I feel everything is good value for money at the moment and you have to put it into perspective compared to Withdean when they sold overpriced hot dogs, jobsworth stewards in H block and always at the mercy of the weather.
At least at Withdean the onions were cooked in the burgers, at Amex they are raw and the buns cold. The pies crust is hard. The catering has gone down hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here