Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2008
:tumble:
Wife has 1 and son has just pointed out it was in The Daily Mail about burglaries connected to I phone users.
Everywhere you have been with the phone and for how long is shown under settings privacy and frequent locations. Irealise this may be old hat to some people but if it helps 1 person to disengage it and possibly save being burgled I consider it worthwhile.
regards
DR

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It works, so dont knock the Daily Mail if that is your attitude I hope you become a victim of either a burglar or even a paedo for a child.

Someone takes the mickey out of me on the internet how do i react? Some mild sarcasm and tell them to bugger off? Nah I'll wish they are burgled or their kids are victims of a paedophile, thats much more appropriate.

Such an over-reaction it made me laugh, almost a tourettes like response from BG there! I'm not remotely offended though, this is the internet after all and nothing surprises me any more. Posting a video of beheading someone in the name of religion now that IS offensive but this post? nah just some old duffer being a bit of a dick.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
First of all having just got home from Watford may I offer a most sincere apology for any offense that this has caused but please let me explain.

I was told by my son that his boss, a Daily Mail reader, pointed out about the fact that the paper had highlighted that on I phones the location services gives detailed inormation as to the whereabouts and time that the phone has been at that address. It showed that my wife was at her sisters in Worthing for 3 hours on Wednesday and every place that she visited while out shopping yesterday. Also prior to my son arriving to drive to Watford she had been in the bank for 13 minutes this morning. My immediate thought was of my 12 year old grand daughter if it showed on her phone that she was at the park today and had been for 10 minutesn and on other days that she was there for usually about 1hr 30 mins it is safe to assume that she may well be there for another 1 hour today. This would allow some undesirable to go to the said park and seek her out, and who knows do whatever. All I was doing was warning people who didnt know about this, in fact every one of my relatives who I told of it, that this could happen and was available to anybody who wished to use it were unaware of it. I did say that it would be old hat to some phone nerds, one of my nephews is such but he didnt know about this, but if it saved 1 person suffering because of it, it was worth mentioning. The first poster after me poo pood it for no other reason that it was in The Daily Mail. This annoyed me as I was trying to inform perons who didnt know about it,my good deed for the day and it was thrown back in my face for no good reason.

As I said if I upset anybody please accept my apologies and in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did. I would point out that I have told about 12 people about this all with children with I phones, mostly young girls, and none knew of it and thanked me for the warning and removed it. It is apparently a gliche in the Apple softwarre.

I just hope it helps 1 NSC contributor.

Hopefuilly people will accept my action was done in good faith with no malice intended.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
First of all having just got home from Watford may I offer a most sincere apology for any offrense that this has caused but please let me explain.

I was told by my son that his boss, a Daily Mail reader, pointed out about the fact that the paper had highlighted that on I phones the location servcices gives detailed inormation as to the whereabouts and time that the phone has been at that address. It showed that my wife was at her sisters in Worthing for 3 hours on Wednesday and every place that she visited while out shopping yesterday. Also prior to my son arriving to drive to Watford she had been in the bank for 13 minutes this morning. My immediate thought was of my 12 year old grand daughter if it showed on her phone that she was at the park today and had been for 10 minutesn and on other days that she was there for 1hr 30 mins it is safe to assume that she may well be there for another 1 hour today. This would allow some undesirable to go to the said park and seek her out, and who knows do whatever. All I was doing was warning people who didnt know about this, in fact every one of my relatives who I told of it, that this could happen and was available to anybody who wished to use it were unaware of it. I did say that it was old hat to some phone nerds, one of my nephews is such but he didnt know about this, but if it saved 1 person suffering because of it, it was worth mentioning. The first poster after me poo pood it for no other reason that it was in The Daily Mail. This annoyed me as I was trying to inform perons who didnt know about it,my good deed for the day and it was thrown back in my face for no good reason.

As I said if I upset anybody please accept my apologies and in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did. I would point out that I have told about 12 people about this all with children with I phones, mostly young girls, and none knew of it and thanked me for the warning.

I just hope it helps 1 NSC contributor. This hopefully will bring this to an end.

Ok BG but I have to say- if the undesirable has access to your granddaughters phone and got hold of it legitimately he will have more opportunities than the park to do some thing and if he got hold of the phone by finding or taking it, presumably you would stop the tracking remotely.

If someone knows someone they don't need the phone to track or stalk them and if you lose your iPhone you need to remotely stop it transmitting and erase the data on it - fast.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5668?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All I was doing was warning people who didnt know about this, in fact every one of my relatives who I told of it, that this could happen and was available to anybody who wished to use it

This is where it's complete bollocks though. It's not available to anyone at all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok BG but I have to say- if the undesirable has access to your granddaughters phone and got hold of it legitimately he will have more opportunities than the park to do some thing and if he got hold of the phone by finding or taking it, presumably you would stop the tracking remotely.

If someone knows someone they don't need the phone to track or stalk them and if you lose your iPhone you need to remotely stop it transmitting and erase the data on it - fast.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5668?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I dont know enough about phones but as I heard it this service is readily available to anybody who wishes to access it and is seperate from the tracking if you lost your phone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is an app called Find my Friends but you both have download it, and have permission from the other person to locate them. It is handy for families to keep in touch.
As Bozza said, the information is not freely available to other people.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First of all having just got home from Watford may I offer a most sincere apology for any offense that this has caused but please let me explain.

I was told by my son that his boss, a Daily Mail reader, pointed out about the fact that the paper had highlighted that on I phones the location services gives detailed inormation as to the whereabouts and time that the phone has been at that address. It showed that my wife was at her sisters in Worthing for 3 hours on Wednesday and every place that she visited while out shopping yesterday. Also prior to my son arriving to drive to Watford she had been in the bank for 13 minutes this morning. My immediate thought was of my 12 year old grand daughter if it showed on her phone that she was at the park today and had been for 10 minutesn and on other days that she was there for usually about 1hr 30 mins it is safe to assume that she may well be there for another 1 hour today. This would allow some undesirable to go to the said park and seek her out, and who knows do whatever. All I was doing was warning people who didnt know about this, in fact every one of my relatives who I told of it, that this could happen and was available to anybody who wished to use it were unaware of it. I did say that it would be old hat to some phone nerds, one of my nephews is such but he didnt know about this, but if it saved 1 person suffering because of it, it was worth mentioning. The first poster after me poo pood it for no other reason that it was in The Daily Mail. This annoyed me as I was trying to inform perons who didnt know about it,my good deed for the day and it was thrown back in my face for no good reason.

As I said if I upset anybody please accept my apologies and in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did. I would point out that I have told about 12 people about this all with children with I phones, mostly young girls, and none knew of it and thanked me for the warning and removed it. It is apparently a gliche in the Apple softwarre.

I just hope it helps 1 NSC contributor.

Hopefuilly people will accept my action was done in good faith with no malice intended.

Forgiven but that was a very offensive thing to post, very surprised given you are a Grandfather as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is where it's complete bollocks though. It's not available to anyone at all.

I take your point Bozza as one ITK

but

My local phone shop said it is if you know the number etc of the phone. Surely it is much safer to be wise than sorry and turn it off and as I said everybody I have told was unaware it even existed.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I call someone a nasty name and get a long suspension. BG comes in windmilling with some mental hopes and dreams against EVERYONE on NSC and gets a lesser punishment, good lord almighty the power of being a long time poster :lolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here