Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Great binfest!! Incredible stuff :lolol:

It does make me laugh how people claim to be offended about words on a screen written by someone they've never met, depicting a fictitious crime that didn't happen and isn't made any more likely to happen as a result of those words being typed.

I don't believe anyone felt the emotion of anger as a result of reading that post any more than I believe BG actually wants someone to be a victim of a burglar or a peado!

That said, there was absolutely no need for it so a quick sorry wouldn't have hurt!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit of a feeding frenzy this, wasn't it.

It was a stupid, ill considered remark I guess made in the heat of the moment. The fact he posted it, then signed off and went off out gave this thread the momentum before he had the chance to retract and explain. The somewhat ham-fisted apology probably hasn't helped.

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible, but BG has never come across as an unpleasant person on here before. Some skewed views and bizarre assertions for sure, but he's essentially not a bad bloke IMO. Give the guy a break, it was an unusual aberration. I'm sure he regrets it, no need for burning at the stake.

flying high

May 12, 2009
BG has asked me to say that had he not gone to Watford after posting the offending post he would have offered his apologies for what he realises was a badly worded post that didnt show his true feelings, obviously he would not wish to cause distress or harm to anybody and fully appreciates why some people were offended and as such would offer his unreserved apologies to clippedgull and anybody else who were offended.

He hopes that the matter can now be dropped and while away will be scouring football rumours for more posts in the future.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BG has asked me to say that had he not gone to Watford after posting the offending post he would have offered his apologies for what he realises was a badly worded post that didnt show his true feelings.

See, the pair of you STILL don't get it. That's your third attempt at an 'apology', and even now you are claiming that the post was simply 'badly worded'.

It was what he wrote - what he wished upon somebody - that is the issue. Not how he 'worded' it, ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here