Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

100% this.

I'm really sad to see him go.

All the best AEA

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Every team needs a whole hearted hard man in the squad. There's been many a game where he has inspired the team with his"won't be beaten" attitude.

Certainly a modern day fav of mine.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

This - and he actually has become a decent footballer in recent times too.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Brighton and Hove born and bred
Born and bred
Born and bred
Brighton and hove born and bred
Adam El Abd

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I feel really, really sad about this. I'm going to get drunk.

Me too

Events of the last few weeks have made me very sad.
I feel very sad. I feel like I'm losing my club.
But, maybe that's what 'they' want.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sad to see him go. Reminds me of when Ian Chapman left. Totally different circumstances but similar feelings.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Me too

Events of the last few weeks have made me very sad.
I feel very sad. I feel like I'm losing my club.
But, maybe that's what 'they' want.

As when any stalwart leaves our club, it is a sad day but I think you're going overboard if you feel like you're losing your club.

It seems pretty simple - AEA is 29, is third or fourth choice centre-back and wants to play every week. This happens at every club in the country.

We can but wish him well and thank him for this great service.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Totally agree, very sad to see him go.

Club legend and hope we see him back one day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As when any stalwart leaves our club, it is a sad day but I think you're going overboard if you feel like you're losing your club.

It seems pretty simple - AEA is 29, is third or fourth choice centre-back and wants to play every week. This happens at every club in the country.

We can but wish him well and thank him for this great service.

as backed up by his interview to BCFC posted on the argus website

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
One of my fondest memories of Adam was about the sixth match of Poyet's reign. Gus had obviously been coaching all the players to keep the ball under control at all costs and not hoof it. A high, quick, pass came winging to him. Instead of heading it, he chested it down, controlled it and passed it. Quite an improvement. What a joy he must have been for a manager. A player not blessed with the greatest natural ability, but someone who did his absolute best to better himself, play to instructions and determined to win. Good luck Adam for your future career. ( I remember Gus getting off his seat and applauding him)

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I met him (sober) once. Was so excited as I loved AEA. However , he was the most up his own arse, arrogant, meat head I've ever met. And there ended the love affair

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Still can't get my head around this. He is way better than L1 with Bristol. Wish he has stayed and wish he was in the team - just loved watching him over Christmas.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just watched the video on the Argus site - feel even worse about it. At the Albion since he was 9. It would be like me trying to support some other team - just shouldn't happen. Hope he gets back in the Egypt squad and enjoys his football there.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
So sad to see this club legend leave without us getting a chance to give him a proper send off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here