I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Gutted that he's left Brighton :( but he does deserve to be playing first team every week.

I'm guessing he should be due a testimonial at some point?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Very much this. Falmer will feel a different place without these two :(

Will it though?

Or will it be exactly the same as it is every week?

It's football, it happens, move on.

Yep, sad to see him go, but he's moving to a League 1 club. We're pushing for the Prem. Tells you all you need to know.

A great servant to the club and well done to him for pushing on so much under Gus, but it's time for Lewis Dunk to sort himself out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gutted that he's left Brighton :( but he does deserve to be playing first team every week.

I'm guessing he should be due a testimonial at some point?

He was due this year so maybe misses out unless the club organise something with Bristol.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

If you had hung on for a couple of weeks Bozza, you could have done a house swop

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'm bloody gutted. i'm one of those who didnt think he was shite even when he wasn't good. i remember how he'd cover others failings, maybe get caught out and then get abused from the Withdean crowd. but he ploughed on, and under Poyet the talent shone through.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Will it though?

Or will it be exactly the same as it is every week?

It's football, it happens, move on.

Yep, sad to see him go, but he's moving to a League 1 club. We're pushing for the Prem. Tells you all you need to know.

A great servant to the club and well done to him for pushing on so much under Gus, but it's time for Lewis Dunk to sort himself out.

Of we'll move on, I'm not saying Falmer will be permanently affected!! Just gutted two, and possibly three, of my favourite players have left this transfer window :(

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I did wonder how he'd feel about Greer coming straight in after he'd played so well, but didn't see this coming at all. Greer had a very good game to be fair, but it still must've been galling. Sounds as if this was the final straw with his 'not getting a fair crack comment'.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

Heart and soul of the Albion. Do the club really know what they're doing by letting him go?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The biggest transformation of a player I have ever seen, from ruddy crap to very competent.

That's true.
Worked at his game, especially from the Poyet era onwards, completely changing it making him a viable Championship player. Including discipline - in the early years he was a red card waiting to happen, but became a windup artist getting opponents like Lambert to lose their cool.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Of we'll move on, I'm not saying Falmer will be permanently affected!! Just gutted two, and possibly three, of my favourite players have left this transfer window :(

Thats what football does to you...you get emotionally attached to things and it goes and kicks you in the teeth.....its the suddenness of it all..go back to the end of last year and who would have thought those 2 would have left in January...not me for one!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I remember Adam wearing his "EL-DAD" top as he held his nipper in his arms by the family and North stand at Withdean when the team paraded the League One trophy. He was on crutches at the time I seem to remember. Sort of summed up my impression of the bloke for me that moment - team player, hard as nails, but a gentle familyman at heart. I loved how he flourished under Poyet and proved that he wasn't just an old fashioned hoofball hardman but could play a bit of football too if required to do so.

I wish him all the very best for the future and I'm sure he'll become a fans favourite down in Bristol in no time :clap2:

Thanks for the memories Adam, and good luck.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's true.
Worked at his game, especially from the Poyet era onwards, completely changing it making him a viable Championship player. Including discipline - in the early years he was a red card waiting to happen, but became a windup artist getting opponents like Lambert to lose their cool.

I was really looking forward to the Barnes v El-Abd battle in a couple of weeks when we played Burnley. I couldn't decide who was going to get a red card first. That's all gone now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports