Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the one (selfish) hand, I'd have preferred him to stay. He's been bloody good for us, and if he was a back up for Greer & Upson, then he's about as good as you're going to get in terms of someone prepared to sit on the bench and wait for his turn.

But I guess I also think it would be a shame for him, with his ability, to spend the next however many months, years, whatever, wasting away on the bench. It would feel mean to tell him he just had to accept that when he could be playing elsewhere. Of course there may very well be other factors at play, but central to everything must be his desire to do what he's paid to do. So I wish him well, and I think he could be an absolute belter of a signing for City.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think/hope that GG will be doing the bench job and another centre half will be coming in.
So Adam had no choice

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Gutted El Abd has gone has always been one of my favourites even way back when, when he was half the player he is today, myself and les behin (anyone rememeber him) used to enjoy his rashness.

supurb player under Gus and the last 4 seasons he has shown he is easily good enough for the Championship.

Will go down as an Albion Legend for me.

Most of I will miss pissed men trying to sing his name.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is Norman Gall still alive? He'll miss El Hab tremendously.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As when any stalwart leaves our club, it is a sad day but I think you're going overboard if you feel like you're losing your club.

It seems pretty simple - AEA is 29, is third or fourth choice centre-back and wants to play every week. This happens at every club in the country.

We can but wish him well and thank him for this great service.

100% agree. Were we supposed to keep Adam until the end of his career? We were going to have to part ways with him eventually and I think now is the right time seeing as we have got Dunk as cover and appear to be looking for another CB. All the best, Adam.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sorry & saddened to see AEA go. A real grafter who more than made up for a lack of natural talent and ability with sheer hard graft and commitment.

Even more shocking and surprising that he has gone now. He had the opportunity to leave in the summer but turned that chance down to sign a year extension with us. If it was of his choosing to leave, wouldn't he have wanted to give us a chance to say goodbye? He clearly loved the club...and we certainly loved him. Why the turnaround? Why such a hasty departure?

All very sad.

Goes without saying that I wish him and his family well. I'm sure that nice Mr Barber will ensure that his image is on the legends wall before we next return to the Amex. 20 years at the club...man and boy. It's the very least the club should do.

Thanks Adam...and good luck!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry & saddened to see AEA go. A real grafter who more than made up for a lack of natural talent and ability with sheer hard graft and commitment.

Even more shocking and surprising that he has gone now. He had the opportunity to leave in the summer but turned that chance down to sign a year extension with us. If it was of his choosing to leave, wouldn't he have wanted to give us a chance to say goodbye? He clearly loved the club...and we certainly loved him. Why the turnaround? Why such a hasty departure?

All very sad.

Goes without saying that I wish him and his family well. I'm sure that nice Mr Barber will ensure that his image is on the legends wall before we next return to the Amex. 20 years at the club...man and boy. It's the very least the club should do.

Thanks Adam...and good luck!

When could he say goodbye? Next home game is when the transfer window is shut. I think giving him his 300th appearance, coming on in the last game, was probably his goodbye.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

All very sad.
Was just thinking earlier that one of the biggest shames about the whole thing is that there's been no chance for a final wave to the crowd before leaving and no chance for the crowd to say goodbye in return. I don't know, I know it's good for him to go but AEA just felt to me like a one club player who would go in a similar fashion to OGH.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cheers Adam.

A Bristol player now, but he'll always be a Seagull.

:bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know, I know it's good for him to go but AEA just felt to me like a one club player who would go in a similar fashion to OGH.

What, hang around for two years after he'd served any useful purpose, hoovering up wages to sit on his arse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here