Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I do think the club should explain to the fans,about this one. Perhaps it should be explained that Garcia is fully involved in these player dealings. IMO one of the reason Gus left was his player recruitment erosion . It would be careless to lose Garcia the same way.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do think the club should explain to the fans,about this one. Perhaps it should be explained that Garcia is fully involved in these player dealings. IMO one of the reason Gus left was his player recruitment erosion . It would be careless to lose Garcia the same way.

The club have explained how player recruitment works.

In this case, and it seems that way from the story about El-Abd leaving, is he wants to play regular football, and Brighton cannot offer or guarantee that, hence he has moved on to acheive that.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

100% agree with the above, to me for the last 10years he was Mr BHA, couldn't imagine him playing elsewhere. Best of luck to him. Came across as a really down to earth family man in the C4 documentary on the Albion the other year

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

Well said, gutted.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Agree. Said this on the other thread.

Adam El Abd was one of us. He was the man in the crowd.

We can admire all the others, but he felt like he was from our terraces.

Gutted.

Very well put sir.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Feels like a bit of an end of an era to see AEA leave.

He's been a fantastic servant to our club and thoroughly deserves the opportunity to enjoy a 3.5 year contract and regular football elsewhere if all we can offer is a squad role.

I'll be the first to stand an applaud him onto the pitch if he ever comes back to the Amex to play against us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Another small piece of the club goes!

I do hope Calderon is not the next one out the door.

Interesting that the two players el abd and Barnes who stepped in when injuries ravaged our side, ie Greer and Ulloa have both been booted out of the club.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
The man is as Sussex as downland chalk. I am gutted to see him go, I cannot think of a player who improved as much as he did under poyet. A master of the dark arts at cente half, you always got the impression he had a never-ending desire to improve and win for the Albion. I am sure he will help Bristol city to safety.

I, like many Brighton fans i am sure, will follow his progress at Ashton Gate with nothing but good wishes for him, and if he ever gets the chance to play at the Amex again, there is no one else ( and include Zamora in this) who deserves a more rapturous reception for all he has done at this club. A stalwart and cult hero.

Good luck Adam!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Feels like a real fin de siecle moment, this. Guaranteed a thunderous welcome on any return. Can understand why he's left on an intellectual level, but viscerally it's harder to accept. Good luck, Adam. City have got themselves an asset there.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Another small piece of the club goes!

I do hope Calderon is not the next one out the door.

Interesting that the two players el abd and Barnes who stepped in when injuries ravaged our side, ie Greer and Ulloa have both been booted out of the club.

I'm as gutted as most to see them both go, but 'booted out of the club'? You mean chose to leave for their own good reasons surely?

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Well said, gutted.

Players like Adam and Gary Hart are hard to find in todays game. I hope he continues to play in the same way for his new club. 100% week in week out, watch out Bristol " Adams gonna get ya"

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

There's a statement from the club on the website, saying that Garcia wanted to keep Adam, but he wanted to go

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Players like Adam and Gary Hart are hard to find in todays game. I hope he continues to play in the same way for his new club. 100% week in week out, watch out Bristol " Adams gonna get ya"

Indeed, even lower league players are higher quality these days with all the foreigners taking their place in the Premiership and Championship.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've got about 30 signed Albion shirts with 2 of them signed to me personally. 1 is matchworn ogh shirt and the other is this
e8u8amep.jpg

It now transpires that my mrs is also gutted about AEA leaving ;(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here