I am an alcoholic

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Admitting the problem is a huge part of the battle. You clearly want to do something about it which will make your task a lot easier rather than being forced into trying for other people.

I stopped smoking 3 and a half years ago and it was a doddle-simply because I WANTED to quit. I can't imagine ever smoking again.You'll find it a doddle too within a very short period of time because YOU WANT to quit and no doubt you'll feel the same about booze as I now do about cigarette smoke. ..

Best of luck OTLW and :clap: :clap: for having the balls to confront your demon personally and on here. We're Albion and we're supporting you!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
How was the first meeting mate. we are all behind you and am sure if you need support we will do our bit.

Good luck:clap: :clap: :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
bha.fatboy said:
How was the first meeting mate. we are all behind you and am sure if you need support we will do our bit.

Good luck:clap: :clap: :clap:

My first AA meeting.
Good God I was so shit scared. I walked past the door of the church hall where it was held at least four times. Even began walking home. Then took a huge breath and rang the bell.
I was shown down to a spacious and well lit room …. full of …… ordinary people!!! A couple of ex soldiers, a postman, a nurse …. About 20 odd people in total with a male to female ratio of about 60:40. Average age about 40, although there was even a 23 year old there and a guy who was 71 and had been off the booze for 24 years!
Wonderful welcoming “fellowship” and some genuinely “nice” people.
I recognised myself in some of the shared experiences and left thinking “thank God” I hadn’t gone any further down the path to oblivion.
Anyway, I am going back and give it a try for as long as it takes …. possibly a very long time!
Tanya says she wants to have a glass of wine or two with me at Christmas …. I would like to be strong enough to do that, but will have to wait and see.
Thank you so much to all of you (too many to thank personally, but you know who you are) for your postings …. yet again our love for our club has united so many would-be strangers.
PS: Lush as always you make me almost cry and laugh at the same time, thank you - xxx

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done - a huge step in the right direction.

And don't forget - we are all only a PM away if you want a chat.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
well done mate for not walking away. it must have been scarey. but at least you can see the other people there are normal enough. and your battle is on the way now. a battle i am sure you will win.

:clap:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Shit man, you really believe in wearing your heart on your sleeve.

I am so glad it went well for u, just as I had a lump in my throat for u when u got it together with your daughter earlier this year.

Stick with it. There but for the grace of God go many of us.

A very moving thread. NSC at its best.

For some reason, I'm waiting for someone to break ranks and lower the tone.

OK, I'll try ...

On the Left Wing said:
My first AA meeting.
…. full of …… ordinary people!!! A couple of ex soldiers, a postman, a nurse …. About 20 odd people in total with a male to female ratio of about 60:40.

Did you pull?

:ohmy:

But seriously ... good luck.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Getting through that church door was a massive step for you.
Well done.

As Lush says if you ever feel tempted come on here and talk to one of us. There's always someone online.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Cheers guys ... best night yet last night with no obvious withdrawal symptoms ... just a feeling of slight hyperactivity .... but as one of the guys at AA explained: "Your body has to get used to functioning without alcohol"
The biggest bonus at the moment is waking with a clear head and actually feeling alive first thing ....

Lord B .... tried it, but didn't really fancy her!!!!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A big well done OTLW for making in to the AA meeting. It takes a lot of guts to admit that you have a problem and I can only imagine how difficult it must have been lately for you and your family. They say that the first step is always the hardest and you've now taken this. Hopefully, subsequent steps will be easier.

Good luck matey. My thoughts are with you.

:clap: :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Let the anniversary pass almost unnoticed last week, but got a couple of emails from NSCers this week asking how it's going? So after all the support and help I received from people on here thought I would update you all...

I have been dry for a whole year now (bar a minor lapse at Christmas (but that was under control)). Am fitter and more active than I have ever been (though have put on a stone in weight) enjoying life and tackling important life issues with vigour. No looking back and thanks again to everyone (it seems almost every Albion game I go to some friends or stranger comes up and asks how the recovery is going.

Finally, sorry I have not been on here much in the past six months - those who know me, know my efforts are in other more important directions at the moment.

3 points on Saturday!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely. That's some good work right there.

Out of interest, when you were off the wagon, what did you find to be the cheapest and most effective way to get pished? I'm a bit skint.

Thanks.

xx

:)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Chappers
I once drank a double of meths ... but wouldn't recommend it .... most real alccies gravitate to VERY cheap Kwik Save or Asda cider or vodka.... but I really don't think it works!
At my worst I could drink three bottles of wine a night and still feel sober! It was usually the bottle of whisky chaser that finished me.
To be frank I guess even cannabis could work out cheaper if you have a really strong constitution!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If only I could afford weed!

Was only jesting anyway but meths I cannot stand! Yuk.

The funniest (in a tragic kinda way) thing I ever saw was a drunk at the bottom of Trafalgar Street drinking from a bottle of Castrol GTX. I was pissing myself until he offered me some.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
One thing Ive never understood is when Alcholics give up drinking they can never drink again ?

is it really that addictive ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports