Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
What worries me is how different this is to the last few years. I remember the last couple of summers us announcing all our new signings on July 1st, and how much better our squad was for it, the way our entire squad got a full preseason to get to know each other, and I think that's the reason we did as well as we have for the past few seasons.

I can't remember the last time the top six at the end of the season contained any team that had dropped points in the first two months of the season, or signed anyone after the season started. This really needs sorting.

I've already started looking up travel plans for how to get to Newport for the 2015/16 season.

Really!?? In what universe have you been living the last few years! I can remember a significant amount of business being done after the season started in both the last two years...

Edit: I've just realised your post was tinged with a very hint of sarcasm. Apologies, it's early for me and I'm only halfway through my first coffee!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is important and, I believe, encouraging information. I was assuming that the Ulloa dosh would be heading our way via some boring electronic transfer, but I am now imagining a signing ceremony along the lines of an international treaty with the Leicester chief executive wielding a fine gold-nibbed vintage fountain pen or perhaps even a quill. Marvellous scenes.

I don't think the Leicester City CEO was involved , check out the tweet from Maheta Malongo (remember him) which he posted on July 22nd :ohmy:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Really!?? In what universe have you been living the last few years! I can remember a significant amount of business being done after the season started in both the last two years...

Edit: I've just realised your post was tinged with a very hint of sarcasm. Apologies, it's early for me and I'm only halfway through my first coffee!

I don't think the post you replied to was 100% serious...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Such as? And don't just spout nonsense - tell us name of players who have 'turned us down' this close season. Hearing an unsubstantiated rumour on NSC does not mean fact.

* Or the Football Rumours website

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What worries me is how different this is to the last few years. I remember the last couple of summers us announcing all our new signings on July 1st, and how much better our squad was for it, .

In 12/13 we signed 4 players on August 31, we probably signed our best 2 best players in the jan window

In 13/14 we signed one of the players of the season in mid August. Lingard wh arguably scored goals that took us to the play offs was loaned in March

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yet another Albion bed wetter to add to the list, I doubt the money for Ulloa has even hit the bank yet.

Isnt it just possible we have been waiting for that deal to happen before finalising deals or indeed going after better targets now we have more funds...

I would have thought the club new weeks ago Ulloa wanted out.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Waste of an insult that is, your better off using it on someone who might get upset about it.

What does concern me though is the fact the manager now seems no more than hopeful that we'll bring in some new players before the season starts.

You can only ever be hopeful on signings, my point is people really need to relax, I have absolutely no concerns at all that good business will be done and in time

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would have thought the club new weeks ago Ulloa wanted out.

Yes.. but no idea wether Leicester would get to an acceptable valuation.

And as I say, Im sure our targets have changed considerably now we have that money.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This is important and, I believe, encouraging information. I was assuming that the Ulloa dosh would be heading our way via some boring electronic transfer, but I am now imagining a signing ceremony along the lines of an international treaty with the Leicester chief executive wielding a fine gold-nibbed vintage fountain pen or perhaps even a quill. Marvellous scenes.
I'm led to believe it was something similar to this......

big_cheque_06a.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In 12/13 we signed 4 players on August 31, we probably signed our best 2 best players in the jan window

In 13/14 we signed one of the players of the season in mid August. Lingard wh arguably scored goals that took us to the play offs was loaned in March

be interesting to compare this with the number of players lost

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When you watch the interview and see the context in which he said what he said, it's obvious he's not unhappy with the recruitment process. He's keen for players to come in, but doesn't seem to be too frustrated
Isn't it better to read cherry picked quotes out of context, and jump to conclusions?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Ahem...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why does everything have to be done NOW

Come the first of September we'll all know what creak the club is in, and whether we have a paddle or not.

We'll not lose the division in October.
We'll not be relegated by Christmas.

I'd love to know where all this negative certainty comes from, in July, 72 hours after a massive windfall.

I have been on the give it time bandwaggon, but things do need to start happening soon, not NOW but we need at least two before the start of the season and another 1 or 2 by transfer deadline day.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Like most Championship clubs we have to sell to buy. We have sold big and I have every confidence that most (not all) will be re-invested back into the squad.

Give the manager and the board a chance I'm sure that they didn't want to sell Ulloa but credit to TB for getting top dollar, only last week NSC was wetting themselves over the deal and now we are moaning that it hasn't been spent in 72 hours.

Like most on NSC I have no idea about the transfers coming in and out but my money would be on three good players coming in by the start of the season.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Funnily enough I had that very image when I wrote my post :)
Then sealing cheque in an envelope with hot dripping wax then pressed down by a Leicester city crest

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The start of the season matters as much as any other games. We should have a full and fully prepared squad. As an example, if we had won (rather than lost) the first game against Hull 2 years ago, we might might have gone up automatically!

I fear that any chance of a really strong season (rather than clinging onto a hope of a late play-off place) will be gone by Christmas. At the moment we will be at best mid-table. Even if we sign the (minimum) three good players we need, they will take time to bed in and will have missed our pre-season.

If late signings are a strategy -it's a poor strategy!

I kind of agree with this .. Most certainly every professional sportsman should want to win ANY game he plays in, be it a cup final, meaningless league match, or even a pre-season friendly. If a highly motivated footballer is happy to walk away after a defeat, or even a draw, then l think there is a problem.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Yet another Albion bed wetter to add to the list, I doubt the money for Ulloa has even hit the bank yet.

Isnt it just possible we have been waiting for that deal to happen before finalising deals or indeed going after better targets now we have more funds...

WE might not get the Ulloa money for ages, it might even be in instalments

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here