Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would say that if anything, Greer is a better player now. Less prone to the red mist developing. The only key players we've lost since that season are El Abd (replaced by Hughes), Bridcutt (replaced by Ince/Toko hopefully), Barnes (replaced by O'Grady) and Noone (hopefully replaced by the developing March). We've also added the likes of Bruno, Stephens and Crofts. I would say we are at least as strong.

You have missed Upson ( Hughes is a poor replacement ) ... Can see Stephens improving this season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You have missed Upson ( Hughes is a poor replacement ) ... Can see Stephens improving this season

Read the post! I'm talking about three seasons ago when we came 10th. Upson wasn't here then!

My point is that we came 10th then and I think the squad is similar, or even better. I'm proving that all the people on here talking about relegation should be more positive.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
No need to panic.... Stockdale and Ward will join this week.

Id be happy going into the Wednesday game with the following:

------------ Stockdale ------------
Bruno --- Dunk --- Greer ---- Ward
------- Crofts -- Ince --- Toko -----
Buckley ------ CMS -------- Lua Lua

Walton / JFC / O'Grady / March / Hughes / Fenelon / Calderon

With 3 or 4 to follow before transfer deadline.

Don't get all the panic ? In Tony I trust.

Two holding defensive midfielders and a bruiser. Good for battling and passing sideways but where's the creativity?
Where's the through balls? If your only playing one centre forward you need quality in the hole?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Also, saying Hughes is a poor replacement is so negative. He's played considerably more Premier League games than Upson at similar clubs. But obviously he's apparently played poorly in a friendly match so should be written off now.

Well the jury is out but 1st appearance against L1 opposition didn't look great as advised by mates who actually went and they bleed blue and white so for them to say this is somewhat alarming, lets hope it was a fitness thing

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
By the end of the window we are gonna sign players, everyone including myself needs to just have alittle patience. Imho leaving it late gives us the best chance of getting the best value for money on both transfer fees and wages.

Its our way of dealing with FFP; definitely not exciting, not at the moment anyway. We agreed to the rules so are doing our best to adhere to them. Personally I think the end of this window is going to be mental for us and alot of other teams in the champ.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well the jury is out but 1st appearance against L1 opposition didn't look great as advised by mates who actually went and they bleed blue and white so for them to say this is somewhat alarming, lets hope it was a fitness thing

As I said, you're judging him on one friendly rather than 450 Premier League matches. Why not give him a chance?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also, saying Hughes is a poor replacement is so negative. He's played considerably more Premier League games than Upson at similar clubs. But obviously he's apparently played poorly in a friendly match so should be written off now.

It was more the manner of his performance he was beaten in virtually every tackle and attempted header. In fairness to him it was poor performance for most of the other players as well.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
It was more the manner of his performance he was beaten in virtually every tackle and attempted header. In fairness to him it was poor performance for most of the other players as well.

He really wasn't, he got skinned in the middle of the park by a cf who had a run on him. The rest of the game he did ok taking into account it was his first run out with a new back line and it was a PRE SEASON friendly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here