Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

Will they? I'd think that most people would have realistic expectations of where we finish - it'll be the bedwetters that expect us to spank each team 5-0 if we ever dare to have a poor result.

After the topsy-turvey state of our management over the past few years, I don't expect anything from the Albion now. If we do well and get promotion then that's awesome. If not, then we'll go again next time.

Anyway, as for Sami being 'frustrated', i'll believe it when i see more convincing evidence or hear it from the man himself.

I honestly think you are in the minority there. Looking at what people are posting on here I genuinely believe people are expecting us to challenge whether we make signings or not. Factor in also that NSC only represents a minority of those fans that watch games at the Amex, you have a large section of paying fans who will expect a challenge at the top, as that is all they have known.

I would be happy for us to have a season of consolidation and I am delighted we have local prospects coming into the team such as Dunk, March and Forster-Caskey. Those players however simply have to be supported and it is plain to see the squad has been weakened now for a year.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
it'll be the bedwetters that expect us to spank each team 5-0 if we ever dare to have a poor result.

No it won't. And we can we stop this silly trend of calling everyone a bedwetter if they dare voice an opinion that the club isn't going in the right direction? Two managers have complained about our transfer policy, and our current gaffer has only been here a few weeks and is already seemly frustrated. Are they all bedwetters too?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Will they? I'd think that most people would have realistic expectations of where we finish - it'll be the bedwetters that expect us to spank each team 5-0 if we ever dare to have a poor result.

After the topsy-turvey state of our management over the past few years, I don't expect anything from the Albion now. If we do well and get promotion then that's awesome. If not, then we'll go again next time.

Anyway, as for Sami being 'frustrated', i'll believe it when i see more convincing evidence or hear it from the man himself.
PATHETIC PHRASE KLAXON !!!! This post contains 'bed wetter'.

Indeed. I didn't think we'd make the top 6 last season - we did with a fantastic Ulloa effort in the last game. This season? No chance.

Luckily I think think of a few clubs that will really struggle this season, midtable beckons, a few injuries to key (already woefully under equipped) areas and we're in for a rough ride.

A few decent addition could change all of that, that's how close a balance the championship is..

Three managers on the bounce now complaining about our transfer policy.. Something is very wrong.

You raise a key point with regards to injuries. We are also forgetting that Lua Lua, Buckley, CMS and Crofts spend a large majority of the football season in the treatment room. The latter two were unlucky with serious injuries, yet two of our three wingers have consistently spent most of the past seasons injured or unfit.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No it won't. And we can we stop this silly trend of calling everyone a bedwetter if they dare voice an opinion that the club isn't going in the right direction? Two managers have complained about our transfer policy, and our current gaffer has only been here a few weeks and is already seemly frustrated. Are they all bedwetters too?

Agree with this, the fans who have the audacity to suggest we're looking a bit weak and that we need some players will certainly not be surprised to see us get tonked. Still, it gave another person the opportunity to wheel out that awesome phrase.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Stumpy Tim

Indeed. I didn't think we'd make the top 6 last season - we did with a fantastic Ulloa effort in the last game. This season? No chance.

Luckily I think think of a few clubs that will really struggle this season, midtable beckons, a few injuries to key (already woefully under equipped) areas and we're in for a rough ride.

A few decent addition could change all of that, that's how close a balance the championship is..

Three managers on the bounce now complaining about our transfer policy.. Something is very wrong.

I almost agree with you. To me, it all depends on the Ulloa replacement. If we can find someone as good or better we could make the play-offs. Yes we need a GK, LB & an attacking midfielder, but the striker is the most pressing by a country mile. I saw enough of Walton to say he's a very very good keeper - ideally we will get another, but his rise means a replacement striker becomes easily the most urgent requirement

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I don't know but would be surprised its not mostly upfront. I would imagine TB would be most insistent.

It depends ........

A lot of the time clubs agree on a player and pay it off in agreement, depends on the club, depends on the situation. The club even sometimes write the whole amount in their books down to make their value higher even though it will be 1 -5 year later when its all paid off

I almost agree with you. To me, it all depends on the Ulloa replacement. If we can find someone as good or better we could make the play-offs. Yes we need a GK, LB & an attacking midfielder, but the striker is the most pressing by a country mile. I saw enough of Walton to say he's a very very good keeper - ideally we will get another, but his rise means a replacement striker becomes easily the most urgent requirement

I would have to disagree. Build from the back. We need a goalkeeper and left back urgently. A striker is critical, yet I would imagine that is the most likely transfer to take time seeing as Ulloa was only sold last week and (I REALLY HOPE) the extra cash will have meant we are shopping in a better market.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Fact is that in the last two seasons under different managers we have reached the play offs for the richest league in the world , been completely outclassed and shortly after lost the managers who got us there.
Knowing how close we were it is completely normal for any fan to want the club to invest, push on and take the final step up. The people who run our club seem to think that the majority of our fan base, white, middle class and comfortable plastics are content with that situation.
Until our fan base stop eulogising our owners and give them a reason to invest, we will at best be a mid table nonentity, happy to change managers every 12 months, waving our plastic flags with formless smiles on our faces.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I never read into these things but can sense frustrations there . Still towing the party line though .

Wonder if he knows what's going on
That's the easiest question to answer. He has no idea as did neither of his predecessors. Hence why that had enough and jacked it in.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't agree that Sami is seeming frustrated. And there is a place for sensible criticism of the club.

But there are a ****load of wet beds around Brighton this summer.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The time to judge how well we have added to the squad will be 2nd Sept.

Most assume it's the club that is dragging it's heels and not buying quality players. Aaybe it's the agents wanting unrealistic wages and signing on fees? Anyone thought of that?

We've offered wages and signing on fee that we feel we can afford, they turn round and said No we want this, we've replied well no this is the best we can offer, and they've basically said Nah and off they went.

It will only be towards the end of the window when agents/players take a more realistic stance. However the majority will have a found a club that is willing to pay them what they want. I wouldn't want our club to do that

So I'm expecting at most two players before we play our first game (GK and LB), then the rest will follow in the week leading up to the 01st Sept, or even on the 01st!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Cannot see TB saying to Leicester , yeah that's cool we'll let you take out the easy instalments option plan over 4 years with 0% APR.

You would be surprised then.

sometimes clubs will accept anything just to get the wage off their books and sometimes sell players without actually having paid in full for him yet - its not much different from buying a car.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I honestly think you are in the minority there. Looking at what people are posting on here I genuinely believe people are expecting us to challenge whether we make signings or not. Factor in also that NSC only represents a minority of those fans that watch games at the Amex, you have a large section of paying fans who will expect a challenge at the top, as that is all they have known.

I would be happy for us to have a season of consolidation and I am delighted we have local prospects coming into the team such as Dunk, March and Forster-Caskey. Those players however simply have to be supported and it is plain to see the squad has been weakened now for a year.

I don't know if I am or not - basing it on this time last season most people seemed to think that a top 6-10 finish was achievable and anything above would be fantastic, only a few (though those were outspoken) genuinely felt we would storm to the title.

I'm the same as I am last year - i'll be happy with a top 10 given the squad we have and if we can bring in some new faces to improve the squad then I think we can begin to look at emulating the previous 2 years.

It works both ways - people who voice a negative opinion get labelled as bedwetters, whilst the people who have faith in the club are told they see everything through blue and white tinted glasses. No-one is a winner.

For the record, I'm not overjoyed with the lack of activity so far but until there's concrete proof either way i'm not going to be drawn on whether we're doing well or not. No-one here knows what is going on in the club - it could range from Burke & co sitting on their computer playing Solitaire all day and not doing their job to them working all hours but not able to get the players...we just don't know.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• _45313120_swisstoni226282.jpg
    _45313120_swisstoni226282.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 273

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would have to disagree. Build from the back. We need a goalkeeper and left back urgently. A striker is critical, yet I would imagine that is the most likely transfer to take time seeing as Ulloa was only sold last week and (I REALLY HOPE) the extra cash will have meant we are shopping in a better market.

And it might be argued that it's a backline that kept us in the higher part of the table ...despite our play being labelled turgid at times....where will our strength be this season? ..........

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Indeed. I didn't think we'd make the top 6 last season - we did with a fantastic Ulloa effort in the last game.

Er, no. We did it by having the best defence in the division over 46 games and by being very difficult to beat.

I can't believe we still have to have this nonsense every close season, it's pathetic. It's the same every single year. People want us to sign upper Championship / lower Premier League players. If you were one of those kinds of players, why would you sign for a Championship club who's realistic top target is the top 6, in July? If you have a chance of getting a club in the Premier League, then why would you do this? You wouldn't. You'd wait until much nearer deadline day to see if you could get a better option than that. For those sorts of players, the time to sign for a club like ours would be when it's getting closer and closer to deadline day and you are forced to make a decision. Not now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And it might be argued that it's a backline that kept us in the higher part of the table ...despite our play being labelled turgid at times....where will our strength be this season? ..........

Do we have one at the moment? Where is the line between blind faith, concerned and bed wetting? I can't imagine there is an Albion fan who thinks we are ready to go with the squad we have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here