Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Summer search has started

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
James Vaughan,Sam Vokes and Sol Bamba. We may only get Vokes if Burnley relegated and Boremuff dont get him. The other 2 are getable. I also like Elliot Lee, a youngster at West Ham who looks a hot prospect. Early signings needed to get some optimism back amongst the `customers`.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
James Vaughan,Sam Vokes and Sol Bamba. We may only get Vokes if Burnley relegated and Boremuff dont get him. The other 2 are getable. I also like Elliot Lee, a youngster at West Ham who looks a hot prospect. Early signings needed to get some optimism back amongst the `customers`.

Why would Huddersfield sell Vaughan or Burnley sell Vokes if relegated? They are both Championship quality.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why would Huddersfield sell Vaughan or Burnley sell Vokes if relegated? They are both Championship quality.

I don't think CH won't sign James Vaughan. Good as he is, he has 2 major issues. He is often injured and secondly, he has already been released by CH when they were at Norwich

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
That is as maybe but his record could have convinced TB he is the best man for the job in our present position.
everyone wanted tim sherwood and he would of only been with us till the end of season and he wouldnt of stayed with us because he would get a better offer from a better side then us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
everyone wanted tim sherwood and he would of only been with us till the end of season and he wouldnt of stayed with us because he would get a better offer from a better side then us

Not everybody just a large number as he was a a good option and I disagree had he come here he would have stayed to do thee job to aid his CV I think, but who knows that is now in the past.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
if he is a boring manager as you put it do you really think bloom would of appointed him if he thought that and who did you want as manager then

He isn't the worst manager we could have got but has pretty much only played one up front for years now and his teams have always struggled to score goals.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
He isn't the worst manager we could have got but has pretty much only played one up front for years now and his teams have always struggled to score goals.
if we had 2 quality forwards we might of played 2 up top and when was the last time we had a manager who played 2 up top and got us scoring loads of goals

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Barnes would have got an easy 20 goals this season mate. Would then have been able to sell him for more than Ulloa. Or - crazy talk! - offered him an extra thruppence a week in wages not to have to relocate his family to some shit town oop north :thumbsup:

How far oop north, over the border? Or not that shitty?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Count me out of 'everyone' if you don't mind! I wanted Hughton in then, and I still want him to carry on now.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Barnes would have got an easy 20 goals this season mate. Would then have been able to sell him for more than Ulloa. Or - crazy talk! - offered him an extra thruppence a week in wages not to have to relocate his family to some shit town oop north :thumbsup:

The Forest of Bowland is a delightful place to live. However, the financial point is 100% valid.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
if we had 2 quality forwards we might of played 2 up top and when was the last time we had a manager who played 2 up top and got us scoring loads of goals

He spent millions on strikers at Norwich, I agree I'd like to see us play two up front or at least two attacking wingers but it's not in Hughton's tactics book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here