Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Summer search has started

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Just an idea but why don't we wait to see who we bring in this summer before writing off our transfer dealings

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What do people expect the man to say. They were a bit shite. It seems to me the sort of thing you say to keep your options open. There is no point in openly antagonising players. It might just be that in one of those positions we can't get someone else in for whatever reason and then we can still go back to Halford or Bennett or whoever and them not tell us to **** off cos you called me a useless waste of space.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What we don't know is who of the loanees this season are at the top of his list to bring back or sign permanently , those on the third page as a final pick and the ones who are simply :shit:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If he really does think that Leon Best has done enough to consider him an 'option' for next year, then I don't want him managing this club.

Harsh, I know, but that would suggest to me he is completely and utterly clueless.

I don't believe Hughton will sign Best, but if he did, then I think I'd be advertising my season ticket for sale.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont know why the focus on the loan players. the quote is that "We have to look at the options that we’ve got, but I’d like to think the players that have come in have put enough in my mind to become a part of the options that we have.". so he's saying happy with the players that have come in, he's not looking to ship anyone at this point. the loanees are gone.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
how many players do you people think we need i would say 5 or 6

3 strikers, at least 2 need to be proven top 6 championship or lower end Premiership standard, this will make or break next season.
A left back, Bennett is not as bad as some on here say but he's no Bridge, not many are.
A creative/quick right mid/wing. We can't go with Calderon in front of Bruno at home, it is too negative and slows our play down.

So 4 or 5 first team players for me. Permanents not loans.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
3 strikers, at least 2 need to be proven top 6 championship or lower end Premiership standard, this will make or break next season.
A left back, Bennett is not as bad as some on here say but he's no Bridge, not many are.
A creative/quick right mid/wing. We can't go with Calderon in front of Bruno at home, it is too negative and slows our play down.

Left back
center back
right winger and left winger
attacking midfielder
Two strikers.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

would nice to play with 2 wingers at home and play 2 up top

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
FFS! I'm glad this season is over, everything being said by everyone at the club is being interpreted as something negative on here, one shrewd summer signing and everyone's attitudes will change.

It's going to take more than that cartboy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Six

LB
Striker
RWing
Central defender

Reserve RB
Left sided midfielder

Cash in hand for a striker in January

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

That's £9-20 million, depending (Ross McCormack went for £11 million), on strikers alone.

I'm glad you're paying for it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I would be happy with Tex again. Not unhappy with Halford and Bennett. But we need some real quality coming in too!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
FFS! I'm glad this season is over, everything being said by everyone at the club is being interpreted as something negative on here, one shrewd summer signing and everyone's attitudes will change.
Well, apart from some peripheral postives in or around transport or food or sale of corporate this or that, I see nothing positive at all about this season. Can you highlight anything positive on the playing/coaching/management side of the club? ( apart from staying up by the skin of our teeth)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, apart from some peripheral postives in or around transport or food or sale of corporate this or that, I see nothing positive at all about this season. Can you highlight anything positive on the playing/coaching/management side of the club? ( apart from staying up by the skin of our teeth)

Taking 6 points off of Leeds is always good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here