Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many went mad with equaliser?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Up to page 6 and nobody (unless I've skimmed over it) has pointed out that if Burnley had lost to QPR and go on to lose to Charlton then the goal meant we would have been promoted even if we went on to lose to Boro. Surely one of the more important goals we've ever scored at the time of it going in? Hence my own relief and celebration with it.

Seems almost odd that one could sit there the whole game without it dawning on them the importance of not losing.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I went completely mad and was hugged and kidney punched by the bloke next to me who was also going mad.

It was a stoppage time equaliser.
It shut Derby up.
We weren't beaten.
It keeps the unbeaten run going and momentum going for Saturday's game.
We played poorly and got a draw.

We stand or fall and we stood.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Up to page 6 and nobody (unless I've skimmed over it) has pointed out that if Burnley had lost to QPR and go on to lose to Charlton then the goal meant we would have been promoted even if we went on to lose to Boro. Surely one of the more important goals we've ever scored at the time of it going in? Hence my own relief and celebration with it.

Seems almost odd that one could sit there the whole game without it dawning on them the importance of not losing.

I think many of use knew this. But to me it still felt like a consolation goal.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It was a point, that if Burnley were to lose both their last games, would have been massive!

As it is, it's academic, but still nice to jump about a bit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Least celebrated goal of the season for me. Knew it essentially meant nothing & was still ****ed off with Dunk. Sorry but that's how I felt...

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
If the OP's intention - offensive "mong" part notwithstanding - was to put NSCers in a more feisty and positive frame of mind, then well done :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
To the north-east, then, as Brighton attempt to return to the top division they have not graced since 1983. Those 33 years have seen four different home grounds, eight different kit manufacturers, 44 other clubs promoted to the top flight ahead of them, and yet just one enduring dream, which flickers still.

:thumbsup: Cor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If the OP's intention - offensive "mong" part notwithstanding - was to put NSCers in a more feisty and positive frame of mind, then well done :thumbsup:

I think you might be crediting the OP with slightly more intelligence than he has displayed so far

Of course it needed celebrating FFS. Could have won us the league, could have secured promotion, kept the unbeaten run going, fantastic demonstration of team spirit and resilience, pissed on Derby's chips and happened just before the team did their end of season lap of honour. I reckon the goal led to loads more staying to cheer them around than otherwise might have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here