Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many went mad with equaliser?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I did and am still a little hoarse/horse this morning!:)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Had loads of mongs fall on me. Despite it meaning nothing. Said to lads before game complete meaningless. Tell me the reason today to celebrate a draw rather than defeat. Would next sat be any different? Please enlighten me. For what it is worth, I do think we win next week.

So on one post you apologise for trolling and then you start another criticising your fellow fans?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Had loads of mongs fall on me. Despite it meaning nothing. Said to lads before game complete meaningless. Tell me the reason today to celebrate a draw rather than defeat. Would next sat be any different? Please enlighten me. For what it is worth, I do think we win next week.

The reason to celebrate is that BHAFC scored an equaliser and didn't lose in our last home match of the season. I think I celebrated that goal as much as any this year. What a great ending to the last home game in one of the most enjoyable seasons in my 40 odd years of following this club. Cant wait for next saturday.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Is exactly what I did. Most meaningless Albion goal ever.

You genuinely want to go into a promotion decider on the back of a defeat, you didn't even want to celebrate it because the team hauled themselves back into a game even when numerically challenged and you didn't think by the players reaction that they showed they bloody cared about it?!

Christ. Planet Pasty must be a soulless desolate place.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I went mental - as did much of the ground.

It was a late goal against a really good, in form team who made us look like schoolboys in the last playoffs. We had ten men. We didn't know what the Burnley result would be. We also didn't know if we'd have one more chance to win it.

We just won't give in. That 90th minute goal gives players confidence. It doesn't matter how late in the game it is, how crap we've been playing or how many men are on the pitch, we can still score. And because of that, Boro will be SHITTING themselves.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It's a goal in the last minute to wipe the smile off the Derby fans ffs. Anybody who didn't celebrate that goal is a bit of a "mong" imo. Getting a last minute equaliser will help the players mentally much more than a defeat, especially against a team we might be playing again in 4 weeks time.

Why anyone couldn't think exactly this is beyond me. great comment.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It was the last home game of a great season and we are in with a great chance of promotion, Derby were a good team and we were down to 10 players. Whenever we score a goal, I do not analysis the meaning or significance of that particular goal I party like it 1999.

My day to day life is mundane and watching the team I love score a goal (any goal) brings me pleasure and I will always enjoy the moment and if that make me a mong then so be it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You saw how quickly the players got the ball back to the centre spot. They weren't content with a draw. I still celebrated our goal as keeps our unbeaten run and means derby more likely to finish 5th

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The equaliser wasnt meaningless at all when it was scored, it became meaningless when burnley won against qpr , youre a boring attention seeking prat, and i suppose i am a prat for replying to you and giving you the attention you so obviously crave.

Pretty much went mental, as I do for every goal we score to be honest.

What I couldn't understand were the people standing, cheering and clapping Dunk when he was walking off after being dismissed.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I went bat shit crazy along with everyone else in the North. I bet your a right laugh to be with. What a miserable ******* 😂

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think the OP has been slightly unfairly criticised here, probably due to the wording he has used rather than the point he was making.

I did find it odd that some people went BONKERS when we scored, which of course they are perfectly entitled to do.

But personally, aware that it was a relatively meaningless goal in terms of next week, I cheered and clapped. Certainly didn't jump around and nearly fall from WSU.

Now, if we score a winner at BORO.......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't think I have celebrated an equalizer like that (mong - style) ever since the first game v Doncaster at home and Hereford away....

It means so much to keep this unbeaten run going and added to the atmosphere after the final whistle and watching the team do a lap of honour... Loved it, so did the little one...

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I think the OP has been slightly unfairly criticised here, probably due to the wording he has used rather than the point he was making.

I did find it odd that some people went BONKERS when we scored, which of course they are perfectly entitled to do.

But personally, aware that it was a relatively meaningless goal in terms of next week, I cheered and clapped. Certainly didn't jump around and nearly fall from WSU.

Now, if we score a winner at BORO.......
I don't at all. He clearly hasn't taken into account the momentum importance of that goal. He deserves all the criticism he gets based on that massive oversight. And for being a misery guts ☺

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't mind admitting that I went mental in an office thousands of miles from the AMEX whilst watching the game via an intermittent live stream on a small computer screen.

Fans are meant to feel self-conscious about going mental in the ground itself watching Albion score a 94th minute equalizer in any game, let alone one where they're challenging for promotion?

Sorry, I simply don't understand that at all.

It's what football's all about.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Plus it wiped the smile off the faces of the Derby lot who resorted to singing that soppy palace affiliated 'we love you' crock of shit. Wankers ☺

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Gave it a 3/4 mad celebration ... a sight to behold.

Was worth it just to shut the Derby fans up and take the edge of their day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here