Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many went mad with equaliser?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Had loads of mongs fall on me. Despite it meaning nothing. Said to lads before game complete meaningless. Tell me the reason today to celebrate a draw rather than defeat. Would next sat be any different? Please enlighten me. For what it is worth, I do think we win next week.

Now you've pointed out the error of my ways, I will be far more restrained next time.

#whatplanetareyouon

Had loads of mongs fall on me. Despite it meaning nothing. Said to lads before game complete meaningless. Tell me the reason today to celebrate a draw rather than defeat. Would next sat be any different? Please enlighten me. For what it is worth, I do think we win next week.

This has made me reflect on how foolish I was to get excited

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I celebrated because we didn't get beaten, we scored a last minute goal when we were down to 10 men and it showed we were not going to give in.
It showed team spirit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Went completely nuts.
Stopped for a second and said "it's a meaningless goal".
Then went nuts again.

That goal could be the most important meaningless goal ever scored. :shrug:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Is exactly what I did. Most meaningless Albion goal ever.

You're forgetting Doug Loft's consolation goal at Withdean when we were 5-0 down to Stoke and already relegated.

I celebrated that one like we'd won the European Cup.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It means a lot to someone like James Wilson. It will give him some much needed confidence going into this final run in and the play offs if that becomes necessary

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Yeah, I celebrated it big time even though in the grand scheme of things I knew it was irrelevant.
Do you know what? The team deserved that and so did we!
Also fantastic to know that bunch of derby tossers wouldn't be going large.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
We equalise in the fourth minute of extra rime of the last game of a fantastic season, meaning we keep the momentum going, then yes I went completely Mong mental. Why not? Got to be better than losing?

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
We didn't lose. Momentum. And I'd rather be a 'mong' than a 'w#nker'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a stupid attitude. Even disregarding all the intangible confidence / momentum / etc stuff, at the TIME it was completely possible that this was the point that would see us promoted. All very well posting this bollocks now, after the Burnley result.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I wasn't to far from the Derby end when they scored. They were quite loud to be fair. They were having a good time from then to near the end of the game. So that late goal did give me a perverse pleasure looking at the away end.

To be fair I saw 1 or 2 in the away end clapping our late goal, which I was not expecting.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

That's nothing. I remember some idiots applauded our second goal when we lost 8-2 to Bristol Rovers. I meant to complain at the time, but had to wait for Bozza to invent the Internet.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
When Wilson netted i pulled the blokes trousers down who was standing in front of me. A few seconds later he pulled them back up. I subsequently pulled them down again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah, I celebrated it big time even though in the grand scheme of things I knew it was irrelevant.
Do you know what? The team deserved that and so did we!
Also fantastic to know that bunch of derby tossers wouldn't be going large.

completely shot my load,it was a vital goal and totally relevant

Burnley will lose at charlton and we will win at boro

this irrelevant goal against derby makes us champions :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here