Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How have Brighton paid for the new stadium and academy ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well you stated the following:-

And I posted a response which demonstrably proved that people can't "choose not to be on them at all".

As for the accuracy of these lists then I agree they are nothing more than estimates. It's the difference between the Rich List estimate for Mr Bloom and the belief by some on here that he is a billionaire which I was interested in as it's absolutely massive.

The rich list estimates are bollocks though, as suggested by my Noel Gallagher anecdote, where they were absolutely MILES out.

And no you didn't prove anything, as I mentioned this was from a previous year where Russell Brand first brought it up by saying "I'm surprised you're not on the list, Noel".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As opposed to a mate of a mate telling you. :facepalm:

One last time, for the hard of hearing.

I HAVE NEVER PRETENDED TO BE IN THE KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING ON HERE.

I HAVE NO REASON TO MAKE THIS UP.

THE PERSON TELLING ME WOULD HAVE A VERY VERY VERY GOOD CHANCE OF HAVING THIS LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE.

OTHERS ON HERE WHO ALSO DO NOT MAKE THINGS UP HAVE ALSO CITED STRONG SOURCES. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?

Think about it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ah, apologies, I worded that incorrectly.

Hopefully anyone following the link I posted would I assume have realised When they read the heading

Category:English billionaires

Onne again, sorry if I mislead anyone, it was unintentional.

Where was that heading? Not on any of your posts, was it?

Actually, don't bother, I'm not really interested.

If you can't get basics like that right, the rest of it is pretty likely to be sloppy guesswork too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Actually, don't bother, I'm not really interested.

If you can't get basics like that right, the rest of it is pretty likely to be sloppy guesswork too.

Titanic, he's taking it from WIKIPEDIA, ok? I'm sure it's MUCH more accurate than people who actually know Tony Bloom.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How does that support your point? Noel Gallagher has previously stated those lists are complete nonsense and that the figures are total guesswork.

dont know why this always gets dragged this way. Noel Gallagher was basically jealous and tried to make out the numbers are wrong - he should put up or shut up. just because he wouldnt proactivly indulge a journalist, doesnt mean you can phone up and say "please exclude me". they arent total guesswork, they are based on the available information and some educated estimates. record sales, valuation of holding companies etc.

in the case of Bloom, he wasnt featured for along time because he was residing in Australia and so off the radar.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...in the case of Bloom, he wasnt featured for along time because he was residing in Australia and so off the radar.

Great... so he'll be on Wikipedia's list of Australian Billionaires.... or billionaires who live in Australia... or something, then??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
dont know why this always gets dragged this way. Noel Gallagher was basically jealous and tried to make out the numbers are wrong - he should put up or shut up. just because he wouldnt proactivly indulge a journalist, doesnt mean you can phone up and say "please exclude me". they arent total guesswork, they are based on the available information and some educated estimates. record sales, valuation of holding companies etc.

in the case of Bloom, he wasnt featured for along time because he was residing in Australia and so off the radar.

They rang HIM. Or do you assume he was lying? Bit weird, innit? Why do you assume the numbers were wrong? A lot of people don't want to be on those rich lists, and I can totally understand why.

Tony Bloom's wealth shows that those lists are complete gubbins.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It didn't do him much good seeing as the Gallagher brothers appeared at number 37 on the Sunday Times Music Rich List with assets of £63m. :wink:

And that kind of supports my point.

I have at home an old Private Eye article at home that blows apart any credibility that these rich lists have. It makes for very interesting reading. People tend to appear , disappear and then re-appear on them all the time. I'll try to remember to dig it out.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
One last time, for the hard of hearing.

I HAVE NEVER PRETENDED TO BE IN THE KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING ON HERE.

I HAVE NO REASON TO MAKE THIS UP.

THE PERSON TELLING ME WOULD HAVE A VERY VERY VERY GOOD CHANCE OF HAVING THIS LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE.

OTHERS ON HERE WHO ALSO DO NOT MAKE THINGS UP HAVE ALSO CITED STRONG SOURCES. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?

Think about it.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it or how loud you shout it, it doesn't make it more true...

With regard the actual question, how much is Tony worth, I have no idea.
As to whether you know, I again, have no idea.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It doesn't matter how many times you say it or how loud you shout it, it doesn't make it more true...

With regard the actual question, how much is Tony worth, I have no idea.
As to whether you know, I again, have no idea.

I can't prove it's true. But just look at the evidence and come to a logical, rational decision. Wikipedia, who ANYONE can edit, or a strong, reliable source. Not a difficult one is it?

If you don't believe me, I'm genuinely curious why you think someone who has never pretended to be "in the know" nor made up anything on this site, suddenly (for no reason) pretends to be really ITK and makes up a load of rubbish.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Which part of my post didn't you understand?

Hopefully anyone following the link I posted would I assume have realised When they read the heading

Can't you read?

It was a list that I provided a source for - unlike all you billionairebelievers - so if it is sloppy guesswork then the fault isn't mine. Yes I made a mistake in how I worded a post but having been pulled up on it, I apologised and explained myself.

It's like having a battle of wits with the unarmed on this thread.

Clearly I'm not going to get any sensible responses, quite possibly nobody on here actually knows, I certainly don't. I'm still intreagued about his wealth and impressed how he's managed to acquire so much so quickly but this isn't the place to find out any more info obviously.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Which part of my post didn't you understand?

Can't you read?

It was a list that I provided a source for - unlike all you billionairebelievers - so if it is sloppy guesswork then the fault isn't mine. Yes I made a mistake in how I worded a post but having been pulled up on it, I apologised and explained myself.

It's like having a battle of wits with the unarmed on this thread.

Clearly I'm not going to get any sensible responses, quite possibly nobody on here actually knows, I certainly don't. I'm still intreagued about his wealth and impressed how he's managed to acquire so much so quickly but this isn't the place to find out any more info obviously.

Can you point me to the post you made with the LINK in it?

I'm too am intrigued, by some of your spelling if not your FACTS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here