How have Brighton paid for the new stadium and academy ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't be bothered with this thread anymore because some of the logic people are using is retarded, so this'll be my last post.

Tony Bloom IS a billionaire, regardless of anyone's theories. He is. You might not like it (dunno why), but he is.

He paid for the stadium and training ground, knowing he probably won't ever make his £150m+ back from the club. Thread should end here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because the STRL only contains details that people want them to publish?

Tony Bloom is clearly a very smart man, a very smart RICH man who doesn't want his business out in the public domain-very sensible decision if you ask me. If we knew how much money he has we'd be on his case to bring in more top name players.
Would we though?

I was going to put this specific question on a separate thread but couldn't quite jumble the words into the right order.

Say Tony was a 'billionaire' having already built the stadium, training facility, funded the team, and paid for us all to travel around Sussex, would we still expect him to sign players like he was a middle-eastern Crown Prince.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent suggestion Mellotron. Have reported the post and hopes a mod deals clearly with the Palace troll.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't be bothered with this thread anymore because some of the logic people are using is retarded, so this'll be my last post.

Tony Bloom IS a billionaire, regardless of anyone's theories. He is. You might not like it (dunno why), but he is.

He paid for the stadium and training ground, knowing he probably won't ever make his £150m+ back from the club. Thread should end here.

Indeed what was a great thread, has turned to rubbish because of some palace troll who wants proof on Tony's wealth, despite the fact that proof isn't available in the public domain.

Well done palace, you've ruined another thread.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed what was a great thread, has turned to rubbish because of some palace troll who wants proof on Tony's wealth, despite the fact that proof isn't available in the public domain.

Well done palace, you've ruined another thread.

Reported and quelle suprise NOTHING done...

Dec 29, 2011
I can't prove it's true. But just look at the evidence and come to a logical, rational decision. Wikipedia, who ANYONE can edit, or a strong, reliable source. Not a difficult one is it?

If you don't believe me, I'm genuinely curious why you think someone who has never pretended to be "in the know" nor made up anything on this site, suddenly (for no reason) pretends to be really ITK and makes up a load of rubbish.

I can't believe it's true due to logic and rational thinking. Having read what Titanic posted and a few others, there is a few percent of me thinking he could be a billionaire, but the rest still thinks not. If he jumped on a start-up company as a small investor and it ballooned, then that's a very credible way of how he made money. He can't make £1BN from selling his company or from all the property he owns which is why I was sceptical.

As for "why would you make it up", you wouldn't, but that doesn't mean your source isn't making it up or isn't mis-informed. I'd be pretty stupid if I accepted everything I read on NSC as the truth.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seriously? You reported THIS post...

what would YOU have done about it?

I was reporting the poster in general which you cannot do, so I just selected one at random, probably a bad choice. HOWEVER I did also comment about said poster and you will have seen from the posts that the poster is a COCK.

But a shame it ended up in the Palace sympathisers lap.

Me? Banned them or given a warning to STOP BEING A DICK/WUM

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was reporting the poster in general which you cannot do, so I just selected one at random.

But a shame it ended up in the Palace sympathisers lap.

Me? Banned them or given a warning to STOP BEING A DICK/WUM

It ends up in all the mods laps... and they are all free to do whatever they like with it, or nothing.

Banned, really?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It ends up in all the mods laps... and they are all free to do whatever they like with it, or nothing.

Banned, really?

Yes but it appears you are the resident mod on this thread. Luckily for the Palace troll.

BANNED or GIVEN A WARNING I said.

Can't you read? Probably NOT being Palace.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is why this thread should have been moved and the OP warned.

It's a thread started by a Palace fan that clearly was going to descend into Palace trolls being Palace trolls and, lo and behold, it's happened here.

Any and every thread that will ever be started by a Palace fan is an open invite for all Palace fans to come on here and be wind up merchants. It doesn't matter about the OP's intentions. This board is being plagued with Palace trolls now and something seriously need to be done about it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Banned, really?

Good one cant even read what I said previously banned OR warned.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why this thread should have been moved and the OP warned.

It's a thread started by a Palace fan that clearly was going to descend into Palace trolls being Palace trolls and, lo and behold, it's happened here.

Any and every thread that will ever be started by a Palace fan is an open invite for all Palace fans to come on here and be wind up merchants. It doesn't matter about the OP's intentions. This board is being plagued with Palace trolls now and something seriously need to be done about it.

Thank you Buzzer. Some SENSE.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A lot of people don't want to be on those rich lists, and I can totally understand why.

maybe you're missing my point: they dont have a choice if the information is in the public domain. and yes, frankly i think Gallaghers story has some fibs in it because the context if i recall was his being reported as lower than Blunt which upset him. but he wouldnt set the record straight. so he has to suck up the fact that the published authority on the subject says he's worth less than Blunt.

a bit like the Bloom situation, its not point saying he's a billionaire unless its backed up. its prefectly reasonable to assume he is, but one should also accept peoples doubt as there's no reported evidence of wealth beyond the betting company sale. just saying a trusted source tells you is no better than relying on wikipedia, which is usually backed up with something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports