Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Houghton out

houghton out or in

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wouldnt bite FS still thinks Stockdale is a world class keeper and all the goal keeping errors have been imagined. Also CMS is worth his weight in gold in FS land. Its all the fans fault you know.

What a joke of a post. I've stood by Stockdale and he's turned into a good signing. I also backed Barnes when he got ridiculous criticism on here and funnily enough he's done okay in the Premier League.

As for CMS, you won't see a post from me backing him this season. Total waste of money but keep on making pathetic assumptions.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fence

Wondering if he is another Nigel Clough - no real ambition, just don't lose. Fair enough where we were but if he starts next season like it ........

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In, but his post match interview is a concern.

He seemed to think when you have momentum, and are on the attack and looking like you're the only team that could score, that's when you should be most concerned with defending. That our players were too confident they would score.

Feb 14, 2010
How are loans signings irrelevant? If they were no good/better than what we had why are they here?

Because according to FS its all the fans fault. No not the manager who does the coaching, brings in the players, does the tactics, picks the side. Nope apparently its all the fans fault and he is clearly right, after all if Brighton fans would stop buying 25000-30000 tickets for losing lower league football then the manager and players could just get on with it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What a joke of a post. I've stood by Stockdale and he's turned into a good signing. I also backed Barnes when he got ridiculous criticism on here and funnily enough he's done okay in the Premier League.

As for CMS, you won't see a post from me backing him this season. Total waste of money but keep on making pathetic assumptions.

I've given Stockdale my support all season but to say he's turned into a good signing is stretching things a bit. He cost us the game today and has cost us many more games this season with stupid errors and loss of concentration. I think he is actually quite a good goalkeeper but bloody hell, he has made a lot of mistakes that have been costly. I simply put that down to everybody having a shit season and he's caught the disease. Unfortunately, the buck stops with the coaching staff and management. Walton deserves to have been given a few more games this season after a few howlers from Stockdale. Management has been too weak, too many times.

As for today, WTF was Hughton thinking by replacing Calderon with Best? And starting CMS? 2 'strikers' with 2 goals between them-that'll get us the points we need. Poor decisions by a poor manager in my opinion.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
In, but his post match interview is a concern.

He seemed to think when you have momentum, and are on the attack and looking like you're the only team that could score, that's when you should be most concerned with defending. That our players were too confident they would score.

Yes, he basically said that a draw was equally as important as a win, even though the game was there for the taking.

Baffling really...

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
In. but he is really starting to worry me. maybe I'm comparing him to the likes of Dougie Freedman when he took over at Bolton a few years ago and the same at Forrest, or Brian McDermott when he took reading from 3 rd from bottom at Christmas to great things. I truly believed we would finish 10th, however if the plan was to play ultra cautious football in the hope of nicking a point or three to secure Championship football, well it could now end very badly.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
CH has to have a chance at bleast for the start of next season
if you really need to blame someone for the debiacle we have look higher, mistake after mistake.
I am glad two of the board were there today because if anyone needed to applaud the 800 odd:bowdown: fans that went today it was them ....in fact they should have got onto their knees and bowed down to them, because they must be the most forgiving fans in the league.
it is also those fans and all those who turn out at the Amex who are keeping one of them in a job

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They are not CH brought in what presumably he thought we needed and they have proved to be no better than what we already had.

Made worse by the fact that Hughton keeps playing them. I'd rather lose with a few youngsters in the team so they can get some experience. It's not as if we risk losing by playing them because we lose every fvcking game anyway.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
CH has to have a chance at bleast for the start of next season
if you really need to blame someone for the debiacle we have look higher, mistake after mistake.
I am glad two of the board were there today because if anyone needed to applaud the 800 odd:bowdown: fans that went today it was them ....in fact they should have got onto their knees and bowed down to them, because they must be the most forgiving fans in the league.
it is also those fans and all those who turn out at the Amex who are keeping one of them in a job

They should do what other clubs have done in the past-refund their costs (tickets, travel and food).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Nice bloke and all that but i am far from convinced.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Look at the players CH has had to work with compared with those we have had in the resent past different level sad to say so it's fence as it's not fair to judge CH until he has had a chance to put together his own squad having said that will TB made the funds available.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Most definitely in. The bloke has (probably) achieved the objective set in his 22 games: stay up. Meanwhile he and the recruitment staff have been identifying targets for this summer's window for the past 3 months. If we got someone else in, then we'd be starting back at square 1 on that front. That's how we ended up with the farcical transfer of Toko - a player that the new manager had no interest in playing - and a shambolic summer transfer widow.

If the signing of Kayal is anything to go by, then how can you not trust him (and the new recruitment team) with the summer transfer fund.

As for the perseverance with Best and CMS over COG, I'm sure that the last few games have effectively been trials for these 2 - likewise Ledesma and Carayol.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Would advocate a complete clear out including recently re-contracted players and our best assets. Only with the income and savings can we make the break with the past. Hughton or whoever deserves that 'no baggage' opportunity. But voted In for now as pretty pointless at this time.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I have no respect for anyone who votes OUT. Thanks to the OP for making this poll public, it's good to know who is voting what in polls like this.

I am more than happy for you to know I say out...along with the other 68% (voting "fence" is not a yes vote so counts as out)....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have no respect for anyone who votes OUT. Thanks to the OP for making this poll public, it's good to know who is voting what in polls like this.

You can discount "pal4life" and "stan awful".....both Palace scum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here